Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I think I've already dished out more despair ratings in this thread than I have on the rest of the Codex. And there is no end in sight.

Der Tod Die Verzweiflung ist groß.
Wir sind die Ihren
lachenden Munds.
Wenn wir uns mitten im RPGLeben meinen,
wagt sie zu weinen
mitten in uns.

Last edited:

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
"Megan, are you a Baldur's Gate fan?"
"Yeah, I spent hundreds of hours on Dark Alliance!"
I'm starting to think BG1-2 players are a minority.
I never played Dark Alliance. Is it any good and what is the big deal? I remember being some console garbage.

Just watch 30 seconds of this 11h video (timestamped random spot in the last third with action going on) and ask yourself if you could stomach 11 hours of this.
It's shovelware.

Duraframe300

Arcane
I never played Dark Alliance. Is it any good and what is the big deal? I remember being some console garbage.

Dark Alliance 1 is a p. good charachter action game on account of it being developed by PS2 era Snowblind studios.
2 was done internally by Interplay and as a consequence is not as good.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Just watch 30 seconds of this 11h video (timestamped random spot in the last third with action going on) and ask yourself if you could stomach 11 hours of this.
It's shovelware.

Clearly a superior fallow up game to the BG franchise. We could only hope BG3 to be anything even remotely close to this glorious gem. Now excuse me gentlemen,i have a Tide cocktail to mix.

:excellent:

toroks

Educated

Pretty women in the game industry is dangerous... Developers will throw away their ambitions and principles for them - "Okay okay, Megan, I'll make it into Dark Alliance 3... just show me some more of that good stuff..."

Last edited:

Melcar

Arcane

Pretty women are dangerous in the game community... Developers will throw away their ambitions and principles for them - "Okay okay, Megan, I'll make it into Dark Alliance 3... just show me some more of that good stuff..."

Why is she wearing shorts? It's not like she has legs to show. Stupid whore. Also, look at the sitting arrangements. She is like the "extra" they brought in to fill their equality quota.

Sentinel

Arcane
BG3 is mentioned in passing, Swen deflects every question. It's mostly a talk to the 3 of them about their indie studios, where they are, where they see stuff going, their creative processes, etc etc. Swen mostly talks about how he got the license, Sam Lake talks about the creative process behind Control and meeting Kojima, the guy in the middle talks a lot about Ready at Dawn's portfolio and his work at Blizzard on the original Starcraft, where among other things he created Nova, and his opinion on the recently cancelled Starcraft FPS. Megan doesn't add anything of value, mostly cause she worked on 2 flops no one heard of.

pm_675

Arbiter
You mean a system that translates so poorly into storytelling that every author writing novels/stories/comics within a universe containing Vancian magic simply ignores it?

Jack Vance motherfucker. Do you have any idea about anything, illiterate ignoramus?

Genius, we are not talking about the author himself and what he applied in his works, but about SYSTEM CREATORS who blindly copied his ideas without any forethought.

No, analphabet retard, we are talking about (botttom-barrel) authors ignoring vancian magic because according to you, it doesn´t translete well into storytelling??!

Now, you are moving the goalpost by talking about System creators? Hell, even in the latest edition they didn't totally removed vancian casting.

:nocountryforshitposters:

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
giphy.gif

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
Systems are meant to serve the story in an RPG, not the other way around.

Story is merely an excuse to use the pointy stick and throw fireballs.
9UeBikv.png

fbEDZIt.png

6RtIlGO.png

Unfortunately, some homosexuals are more interested in unleashing their absolutely dreadful, puerile imagination thinking themselves deep and engaging, imagining themselves the author of a real story than play a game and get through maze like dungeons, surviving traps and dangerous encounters.

6bQUOtj.jpg
You're both wrong. Story and spreadsheets both serve the RP experience.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
And he just keeps doing it again and again :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom