Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
So I got 2 Praetor walkthrough I just finished. One had 7 CHA, the other 4 CHA. The former let Gaelius dies, left Maadoran in chaos, and then blow up Al-Akia. Meanwhile, the latter killed Gaelius's assassin, thus letting him live, and then went to Al-Akia with Meru, then kill him after the ritual.

The former had 25 final reputation with House Daratan, while the latter had measly 6. And yet, both got the exact same faction ending, where Antidas is disappointed and then send the char chasing fisherman's tale. Why is that? Is it that the one with high reputation isn't high enough, or the one with low reputation isn't low enough to get different ending?

He's always disappointed because you didn't find anything magical at the temple ("Your failure to fulfill such as small request - find a legendary temple and thenceforth produce mythical engines of war - leaves Antidas disappointed."). He's an ungrateful sod, that's for sure. Plus you left one house standing, if you destroy both he will be happy, but not for long... The IG takes over, and depending on your loyalty score you get a different ending:

You could have run but your honor wouldn't allow it. Why should Dellar have all the fun anyway? So you stayed, standing next to Dellar and waiting until the bastards poured in through the gate. You could tell they didn't want to fight, but what choice did they have? Come and get some.

You went down during the second attack when the ground was slippery with blood. When you opened your eyes, you were on a cross. Dellar was nailed to a cross on the other side of the road, dead. Lucky bastard..."

"You could have stayed and died for Antidas, but life's too short to die for other people. So you slip out of Teron when nobody is looking. When the Imperial Guards come to deal with Antidas once and for all, you're already far away.

What the future holds for a praetor without lord is unclear, but at least you're alive, which is more than could be said about your former brethren.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The only thing about him that leaves me like ??? is his justification for knowing the like specifics of the warding ritual.
Same way you know how to activate the smelter, how to fly the ship, or how to perform the ritual - 'mantras' that were passed down the generations and memorized without understanding.

https://andromeda.fandom.com/wiki/To_Loose_the_Fateful_Lightning

Unfortunately, I can't recall a specific proper sci-fi novel or short story that uses the "mantras based directly on lost technologies" trope. I can only recall an episode of Andromeda. :lol:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I never liked working for Antidas. Serving mediocre people who are dumber than myself is what I do more than enough of in real life.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
The only thing about him that leaves me like ??? is his justification for knowing the like specifics of the warding ritual.
Same way you know how to activate the smelter, how to fly the ship, or how to perform the ritual - 'mantras' that were passed down the generations and memorized without understanding.

https://andromeda.fandom.com/wiki/To_Loose_the_Fateful_Lightning

Unfortunately, I can't recall a specific proper sci-fi novel or short story that uses the "mantras based directly on lost technologies" trope. I can only recall an episode of Andromeda. :lol:
I guess you can get the first mantra from Sorhab, the Aurelian loremaster

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
I never liked working for Antidas. Serving mediocre people who are dumber than myself is what I do more than enough of in real life.

Mediocre is a very generous interpretation of him. More like "Born stupid, but grew up rich." Man, so much time wasted on that guy. Btw, what happens when

tinker an Alliance between Daratan and Aurelian and win the battle for Ganezzar? Does this strengthen Daratan? Do I still get exiled?

Black Angel

Arcane
In Teron, is there any way to gain a Word of Honor, other than killing Cassius for Feng and fulfilling your promise to Esbenus after telling him and the boys to assault Aurelian Outpost? It's a shame that the moment you leave for Maadoran without getting Aemolas's quest, he will just disappear when you return to Teron.

aeroaeko

Learned
So if I go into this game blind how likely is it that I will get fucked by skill checks and have to restart. I want to do a speech / dialogue run.

Latelistener

Arcane
So if I go into this game blind how likely is it that I will get fucked by skill checks and have to restart. I want to do a speech / dialogue run.
It's very unlikely. You'll just have to spend points carefully, while figuring out which skills you'll need.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

The vast majority of skill requirements for a speech run are pretty logical. So you will probably be OK.

Most of the complaints about skill reqs tend to come from Thief/Assassin playthroughs, as they tend to have a lot of different skill requirements.

Üstad

Arcane
I started a new playthrough as a Drifter with skills in social and lore. And it was fun and I got an ending that satisfied, mostly because I allied with house Aurelian and kept Gaelius alive. Have to say, that guy might be the only competent ruler in the empire AND appreciate the work I do.

Still, I want the best ending for my Daratan Praetor at least once so I have to ask: is there an ending that doesn't get me banished, if I don't report my finding of the temple back to Antidas? Does it help, if I convince him to ally with Serenas AND get Meru for him (which is kind of impossible, because I have to be diplomat to convice Antidas AND fight in the battle of Ganezzar, where I go under, because my character is a shitty fighter).
Paulus is as good as Gaelius in my opinion.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just went through the fight where you betray the Boatmen to side with the Imperial Guard. Probably took about 40 reloads, and I had to spec into Alchemy to do it (Mercenary but I fucked up and only put 6 points into strength so hit like a bitch against high armor enemies. Build might be borked but we'll see). Finally managed to do it by using nets and a bomb, than procing poision on Agatai and letting that do the damage. Shit RNG aside, it was a pretty fun and strategic fight. Probably would have had to reload less if I didn't skimp out on the Strength so much.

Deleted Member 22431

Teron music is continuing to randomly play in my head, so I'll ask - what is the optimum Praetor build?
You will have to figure it ou by trial and error. You can spend 2 or 3 SPs in etiquette to obtain more free stuff, but any additional investment is a waste of SPs.

Parabalus

Arcane
Teron music is continuing to randomly play in my head, so I'll ask - what is the optimum Praetor build?

If you really want everything there isn't much choice except 4 6 5(6) 8 8(7) 9. A bitch doing the fights though, and takes some meta to progress the side stuff.
6 6 (can be more dex for STR) 6 8 7 7 loses some goodies but is more comfy.

I think a recent patch nerfed throwing hooks so it needs >4 STR, but for praetor it's not that relevant.

Deleted Member 22431

If you really want everything there isn't much choice except 4 6 5(6) 8 8(7) 9. A bitch doing the fights though, and takes some meta to progress the side stuff.
6 6 (can be more dex for STR) 6 8 7 7 loses some goodies but is more comfy.

I think a recent patch nerfed throwing hooks so it needs >4 STR, but for praetor it's not that relevant.

With the imperial armor you receive at Teron you can kill the spy that is trying to kill Gaelius at Maadoran, even with almost no weapon skills. He can't cut you, you know.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Perhaps I am late to party, but I need some suggestions for lore master build. I suppose people here already posted such information, but I don't know how actually legit these builds.
I aiming on godhood ending with little fighting as possible.

ScrotumBroth It's seems you recently (well relatively recently) did loremaster run, can you share your build? Sorry if I missed your build in this thread.

Parabalus

Arcane
Perhaps I am late to party, but I need some suggestions for lore master build. I suppose people here already posted such information, but I don't know how actually legit these builds.

ScrotumBroth It's seems you recently (well relatively recently) did loremaster run, can you share your build? Sorry if I missed your build in this thread.

For god ending you need minimal
xx787x
stats. You can
get two canisters for +2 CON so a very good choice is 585877
, which can do basically everything in the game. Fighting skills make loremaster more rewarding, but you can also go full mental stats (and still kill mostly everything
via space marine
).

For maximum ruins to explore a good route
is start commercium->do everything except mine-->become HA praetor via fixing mine
. But basically every character is a loremaster with the required attributes, i.e. every guild works.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I did a Commercium loremaster run, for maximum no combat opportunities. You get to do a lot of politicking and scheming on top of exploring. But you can chose not to delve too deep into politics.
Do not fix the mine at the starting area, save those tubes for important things.

You can use builds as suggested by Parabalus

Will Zurmacht

Educated
Chiming in with regret about the (or a) Commercium ending. I hoped not to become

Gizmo's chief flunky in the end, but to stab him in the back and become the next Crassus myself.

:mixedemotions:

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
PlanHex There is something wrong with my comment? I just wanted to ask people about loremaster builds. Sorry if I did something wrong.
Oops, sorry. I mostly browse the codex on my phone these days and I occasionally accidentally rate a post when I try to scroll because the phone's a bit old.
Sorry about that.

Edit: oh man, looking through my recent ratings given, I've been giving out a ton of non-sensical ratings lately by accident. I should really get a new phone soon.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron

xx787x
stats. You can
, which can do basically everything in the game. Fighting skills make loremaster more rewarding, but you can also go full mental stats (and still kill mostly everything
via space marine
).

is start commercium->do everything except mine-->become HA praetor via fixing mine
. But basically every character is a loremaster with the required attributes, i.e. every guild works.
Wait, how do you get both canisters when going commercium -> HA praetor?
Isn't the second only available in the thief Maadoran line?

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane

xx787x
stats. You can
via space marine
).

Wait, how do you get both canisters when going commercium -> HA praetor?
Isn't the second only available in the thief Maadoran line?

You can also get it if you have to deal with
Lorenza
, and take her offer by betraying your current employer.

You're absolutely right it's not for HA praetors, you can't betray him that way, I wrote that badly. Should have made it clear that was for the mental stats option, ie. 456889.

Fighting skills make loremaster more rewarding).
Speaking of which, which combat skill you recommend for 585877 build more: crossbows or swords, dodge or block? I just noticed, when searched about weapons that there crossbow "Bolter" that kinda fits theme.

I think you should leave CHA at 4 if you haven't done a hybrid run before, the stats used on CHA make combat much more difficult.
E.g. 5106874 doesn't lose you much talker dialogue outside of some training, cool with every dex weapon really. And doesn't require as much metagaming knowledge.

For 585877 both xbow and swords will work. A tip is that melee is better with TG and ranged with AG.
I haven't played the start after the patches, I think they nerfed the palace infiltration for 4 STR chars, which you could previously drop to get 8 INT for xbow users.

If you just want to see the god ending you can get that as a pure talker without issues, e.g. 567877 and just talk your way through everything without much ado.

I wouldn't worry too much, game has a lot of options, but if you really want to uncover every mystery you'll need a lot of oomph combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom