Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The City of Heroes Thread

Sykar

Arcane
Anyone knows how I can get rid of a sort of costume which I got for a quest but even though I abandoned the quest I still look like a Freakshow? Relogging did nothing and it does not seem like I can get rid of it right clicking on the "disguise" buff.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Anyone knows how I can get rid of a sort of costume which I got for a quest but even though I abandoned the quest I still look like a Freakshow? Relogging did nothing and it does not seem like I can get rid of it right clicking on the "disguise" buff.
That one I can't really help you with, you'll have better luck asking in-game in /h or something. You can't right click away buffs in CoH though.

Sykar

Arcane
That one I can't really help you with, you'll have better luck asking in-game in /h or something. You can't right click away buffs in CoH though.

Read through the buff again, it should only last an hour. I actually did want to do the quest but according to CoH wiki I need to go to Echo Dark Astoria which is according to it only accessible via Ouroboros and I have no way accessing that.

Sykar

Arcane
Reached level 26 today. Slow and steady progress just the way I like it. Started to take on groups of 4-5 instead of 2-3, doing fine on my controller, though it gets tight with endurance. By the way, am I imagining things or does the game look a bit more crisp since the last server changes?

Lhynn

Arcane
By the way anyone needs me for something on rebirth blueside I'm usually on Unusual Girl, Perfectly Normal Gal, or Perfectly Normal Elf. I have a half-dozen other alts but those are the ones I'm actively leveling.
But do you erp?

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What is erp?
You gon learn today. Erotic Role Playing. Grown men pretending they're women/men whatever and getting off on describing to each other how they fuck. In this case with a lot of spandex/edginess/possibly furries given the animal heads.

---

I really wish the Rebirth server had more of a crowd. 4chan server is too edgy and the Homecoming server, while having a plethora of fun heroes to look at as well as fan-created missions, just feels off balance.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I really wish the Rebirth server had more of a crowd. 4chan server is too edgy and the Homecoming server, while having a plethora of fun heroes to look at as well as fan-created missions, just feels off balance.
Only way to get more players is to play. Hey, we did an incarnate trial the other day. The community is pretty good despite being small. Homecoming is just broken. If you love being able to level a character to 50 and max your incarnate slots in like 3 days, by all means, play there, but they broke their server's economy so badly week 1 they had to put price caps on all salvage, and they've trivialized the reward system so much that you can get just about anything with merits so people run easy TFs and max out their characters almost immediately. We apparently do more incarnate trials than they do since they're pointless on HC. I have no idea why anyone would even want to play there if half the stuff I hear is true.

The Decline

Arcane
Christ this takes me back. The only mmo that I ever actually got into. I left a year before they shut down the servers. I might have to give this rebirth thing a try.

Xor

Arcane
I have 2 50s now, which is amazing considering it's been a month since rebirth launched and I only ever had 1 on live. But then again I almost exclusively soloed on live and most of my CoH experience was before I learned how to actually take MMOs seriously through ~4 years of playing WoW.

CoH wants you to group up. You gain XP way faster leveling in groups of 5+ people than you do solo. Unfortunately you also miss a lot of good story content that way so it's kind of a catch-22. My solution is to make a solo-only character to do all the villain missions that I never did back in the day because the few arcs I actually did leveling my 2nd 50 were actually really good.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
What is erp?
You gon learn today. Erotic Role Playing. Grown men pretending they're women/men whatever and getting off on describing to each other how they fuck.

I remember when I was applying for my first job, my interviewer started asking how would I like to work on developing ERP systems in the future. When I learned that this abbreviation also stands for 'Enterprise Resource Management', I was quite disappointed.

laclongquan

Arcane
What is erp?
You gon learn today. Erotic Role Playing. Grown men pretending they're women/men whatever and getting off on describing to each other how they fuck. In this case with a lot of spandex/edginess/possibly furries given the animal heads.

I dont do the talks but my CoH/CoV characters are pinking Amazon of highest proportions with skin color costume so yeah, always got a crowd if I am standing still.

Lhynn

Arcane
unknown.png

Anyone playing still?
There was a massive issue where Homecoming out of the blue decided no one was allowed to stream. As the most popular server this was suicide. All the streamers who previously were on board the money laundering hype train, went to Thunderspy. The "4chan" server. It tends to have at least 500 people on at 6pm US time. But if you live outside the US you're basically fucked as most of the events happen long after the majority of Europe goes to sleep. Still, the people on the discord are nice. Majority of coders and designers put their new content on Thunderspy because Homecoming uses really bad code that breaks easy. And no one else wants to give them shit after HC horded the parts of the source code they didn't give out.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Still playing. Always up for some co-op missions. Was playing on Homecoming but where do I find the Thunderspy servers?

Sykar

Arcane
Anyone playing still?
There was a massive issue where Homecoming out of the blue decided no one was allowed to stream. As the most popular server this was suicide. All the streamers who previously were on board the money laundering hype train, went to Thunderspy. The "4chan" server. It tends to have at least 500 people on at 6pm US time. But if you live outside the US you're basically fucked as most of the events happen long after the majority of Europe goes to sleep. Still, the people on the discord are nice. Majority of coders and designers put their new content on Thunderspy because Homecoming uses really bad code that breaks easy. And no one else wants to give them shit after HC horded the parts of the source code they didn't give out.

From some reddit post I gathered that there is no real issue with I25 and the problems are exaggerated or outright false. As to streaming on Homecoming, here is an explanation, basically it has something to do with them wanting to become a legal operation and are afraid that streaming might undermine their efforts:
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/8647-a-note-on-streaming/

"Hello, everyone!

We've had a lot of people asking us about streaming the game over the last few months. Given our current circumstances and desire to turn Homecoming into a legal, above-board operation, we cannot at this time endorse anyone streaming the game as it violates the ToS of various streaming platforms. Once our talks with NCSoft are complete there should be no issue with streaming the game again.

Have a good week, and keep being awesome!"

Anyone playing still?

From some reddit post I gathered that there is no real issue with I25 and the problems are exaggerated or outright false. As to streaming on Homecoming, here is an explanation, basically it has something to do with them wanting to become a legal operation and are afraid that streaming might undermine their efforts:
https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/8647-a-note-on-streaming/

"Hello, everyone!

We've had a lot of people asking us about streaming the game over the last few months. Given our current circumstances and desire to turn Homecoming into a legal, above-board operation, we cannot at this time endorse anyone streaming the game as it violates the ToS of various streaming platforms. Once our talks with NCSoft are complete there should be no issue with streaming the game again.

Have a good week, and keep being awesome!"
Please tell me you aren't stupid enough to just believe Homecoming when they have a proven track record of lying. And the talks with NCSoft are complete nonsense. Can you prove that there aren't issues with the I25 code? Because every single time they add new content to the server it breaks the whole thing. For a quick rundown of HC

• collects donation money in the thousands of dollars and doesnt disclose to whom it's going
  • disappears motherfuckers for wrongthink in public spaces not controlled by them
  • claims legal talks with game developers regarding an official license but refuses to even provide a modicum of evidence that is actually the case
  • is very suspiciously the only major private server to have not been hacked or had its devs/admins doxxed or threatened (or had their fucking children threatened for fucks sake)
  • secretly poaches developers from other teams and gags them with NDAs of dubious legal standing
  • plagiarizes EULAs and makes their players agree to terms of service of dubious legal standing
  • is very gradually ramping up authoritarian restrictions on RP SGs
A quick look at the compiled archive in Thunderspy's discord can show evidence of everything I've talked about. Never, not once, trust a word out of a HC staff member's mouth. Especially when whenever the burden of proof falls upon them to proof their bullshit, they can never provide any evidence other than their own words. Which can contradict itself constantly. Especially where money is concerned.

Sykar

Arcane
Dude I know nothing about the dramas between server nor do I care overly much. I never even played the game until I started casually last year before. Has nothing to with stupid. I have played on 3 different severs so far and just from plain gaming experience have not encountered anything to worry about on that level. I will still try out Cake server and Thunderspy but there is only so much time I have on my hands and repeatedly going through first 10-20 levels is draining. Accusations are easy to throw out btw.

Poseidon00

Arcane
The accusations are more or less accurate. The Homecoming team was trying to stop the game from ever seeing the public eye, period, until people basically rioted and they relented.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom