Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Emperor of Nothing [40k CYOA]

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
here's what 2 leads to

Cypher-why-didnt-I-took-the-blue-pill_o_78592.jpg
You make a compelling argument good sir.
2 it is!

GreyViper

Prophet
3) I like Cawl, he has brought a breath of innovation to time when change is Heresy. So anything he can do should help us in the long run.

PS. Also, chaos players are butthurt about lack of chaos primaris marines.

reminder that the emperor died like a bitch, religion is the morality of slaves, and eldrad can probably reprogram our mind like its a ti-84

black hole bullets tho? yes please

oscar

Arcane
Publicly bitchslapping an entire race then letting them deep hypnotize you for months is a really good idea. Not like he will implement a "after the smoke clears, humanity are to permanently become eldar monkey serfs" trigger and turn us into a Manchurian Candidate no siree the eldar are content to be good little loyal allies for all eternity and definitely won't resent being reduced to second fiddle vassals

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Look at the Emperor-cattle and technoheretics over here

What we need is some good ol' Psyker Power to even the odds

Roboute has a fairly powerful mind. Imagine Psyker Roboute, he could control and coordinate vast armies all the while destroying daemons with a hard glance. This is the power of the Anathema, and we must claim it.

Sorry, but 2 is the equivalent of Devour Soul!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

Roboute has a fairly powerful mind. Imagine Psyker Roboute, he could control and coordinate vast armies all the while destroying daemons with a hard glance. This is the power of the Anathema, and we must claim it.

No need to try harder. I'm already sold. :M

Baltika9

Arcane
2>3. Duh.
We really do need to develop Gorillaman's psychic potential, and any attempts Eldrad makes at controlling us can and will be laughed off. We are very much above such things, even if they are coming from the Eldar. As the update showed, none of them know what to make of us.
Failing that, Dark Age of Technology tech is something to strive for.
Daddy's genocidal tendencies are a third priority.

Baltika9

Arcane
To conclude, I will restate this:
The Eldar are now part of a new galactic order with The XIII Primarch at its head. Seers both alien and imperial proclaim disaster to be close, upon a world named Vigilus. What will the Primarch do to prepare for it?
The Eldar are now an Imperial asset. We must use and treat them accordingly. If Eldrad wants to play stupid games, he will win stupid prizes, as any other traitor would.

Kayerts

Arcane
You bros are thinking about this choice the wrong way. This is a rootlike CYOA in the 40K world. It's not a "pick the most useful power" choice. It's a "choose the manner of your destruction" choice.

A) Wow, I bet Stormbringer Frostmourne The Emperor's Sword will have zero negative effects on us!
B) I'm sure letting the most manipulative motherfuckers in the galaxy inside our brain, and taking their offer at face value, won't lead to anything bad. For a while.
C) Golly, advanced technology, you say? How utterly amazing, when has that ever gone poorly for humanity? Aside from the part where it caused the current 16-millennia dark age. Oh, also the Necrontyr device on our very own forums. And the backstory where they were the driving force behind Angron being a burning ball of rage.

Voting C because stories about getting corrupted by machines are generally more original than mind control or sentient artifact corruption stories.

People who think Eldrad will turn Guilliman into a puppet: Will he? I don't remember anyone ever doing that to the Primarchs. They're creatures made of warpstuff shoved down into a super fleshy vessel. Trying to turn a Primarch into a manchurian candidate seems like a fantastically dumb idea even Eldrad would't be able to do. It takes Chaos-tier oophm.

I'm not gonna say the risk is not there, but Primarchs are demi-gods literally made of narrative. Trying to puppet one without god-level powers seems like a fantastically stupid move.

I see this as an absolute win!

tradcons: ech for the emprah kill the zenossss ech ech ceh

also tradcons: ELDAR SSPACE TITTIES SO PERKY LET THEM INTO OUR BRAIN

stupid

Neanderthal

Arcane
Each Primarch was created with dormant power in the Warp, they are partially creatures of the Empyrean, for instance Corax's power has awoken and now he dwells in the Warp as a dark entity hunting Demons and Chaos Space Marines, whom even the Demon Prince Lorgar is wary of. If one wishes to teach Girlyman to harness the Warp perhaps he would be better served consulting the Sword which is a part of his father, who knows him down to the genetic level, was the greatest Psyker to ever exist, and perhaps could awaken whatever gift he was bestowed with under the Himalayas.

Baltika9

Arcane
Each Primarch was created with dormant power in the Warp, they are partially creatures of the Empyrean, for instance Corax's power has awoken and now he dwells in the Warp as a dark entity hunting Demons and Chaos Space Marines, whom even the Demon Prince Lorgar is wary of. If one wishes to teach Girlyman to harness the Warp perhaps he would be better served consulting the Sword which is a part of his father, who knows him down to the genetic level, was the greatest Psyker to ever exist, and perhaps could awaken whatever gift he was bestowed with under the Himalayas.
This is a fantastic point. The only reason that I'm not voting for it is because I don't trust the Emperor, his goals or his motives. On the other hand, we sort of know where the Eldar stand (on our side of the battle lines). Plus, they are flesh and blood, so we can outwit them. Not so with the Emperor.
You bros are thinking about this choice the wrong way. This is a rootlike CYOA in the 40K world. It's not a "pick the most useful power" choice. It's a "choose the manner of your destruction" choice.
Nurgle worshipper detected.

Neanderthal

Arcane
This is a fantastic point. The only reason that I'm not voting for it is because I don't trust the Emperor, his goals or his motives. On the other hand, we sort of know where the Eldar stand (on our side of the battle lines). Plus, they are flesh and blood, so we can outwit them. Not so with the Emperor.

So we can't trust the Emperor who has sat screaming in agony for ten thousand years projecting the Astronomicon, guiding his adherents through the tarot, and holding back chaos singlehandedly all for humanity. His sword and Avatar also saved Girlyman personally in the Plague War. We should however trust the Xenos who have spent those ten millenia betraying, decieving and attacking humanity as the barely sapient Monkeigh they believe them to be.

I'm sorry but that doesn't sound particularly sensible.

Purge the Xenos.

Baltika9

Arcane

So we can't trust the Emperor who has sat screaming in agony for ten thousand years projecting the Astronomicon, guiding his adherents through the tarot, and holding back chaos singlehandedly all for humanity. His sword and Avatar also saved Girlyman personally in the Plague War. We should however trust the Xenos who have spent those ten millenia betraying, decieving and attacking humanity as the barely sapient Monkeigh they believe them to be.

I'm sorry but that doesn't sound particularly sensible.
Uh, no. We should take advantage of the Eldar as we would of any other Imperial resource. I don't trust Eldrad or his conclave any more than the Emperor on a personal level. But they are under our power and, really, they need us which gives us a certain amount of leverage over them.
Plus, they are flesh and blood, with quantifiable flesh and blood desires like survival and the continuation of their species.
The Emperor, on the other hand, is not. We know nothing about him, we can't control him and we have no leverage over him. He basically owns us and that is why we can't trust him.
Purge the Xenos.
:shitposting:
Oh, get over it. Best girl is the Empress now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom