Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sloul

Savant
I started a new playthrough and wanted to check out the new martial move (i am a sucker for this kind of animation):

But there is one issue, why would you make a freaking cool animation like that and make it so bad??
7 AP is the cost of 2 melee attacks.
I do either +100% damage (double melee attack), not accounting arm. pen.
Or I pick a move that cost me +1 AP from my initial 6 AP (2 attacks), and I get 100% crits.

Ok, fine, let's check it out:
Normal attack (3 ap): 16 damage
Falcon punch (7 ap and 1 ability point): 5 damage

And I swear that's the result I got on my first try. The facepalm was strong.
-____-
I wanted to mod, since there is now the possibility to do that, but I need to download Unity. Obviously fuck that.

p.s: there is a rumor about a 2nd special martial art move, is it true?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I wanted to stim the dog ... but couldn't reach him in time with 8 AP per turn.

5wY8DFj.jpg

Anyway, it's almost impossible to save the dog without a rifle. Even on normal difficulty.
Also the hardest part is over for the Pacifist run...

M8gJ3pq.jpg

I managed to clear Red Fighter after buying a Makarov pistol and Nagant for Fidel and have him shoot while I draw the spiders attention.
He ran out of ammo near the end and had to punch the last one to death.

Before that, I tried blowing up the barricade with timed explosive, but that only made Hex hostile.
I mean, there should really be a persuade option, I have PER 10 and I still can't persuade him to come out and help?
Once he's out, he packs a serious punch with his SKS and rifle perks. I can worry less now about random encounters.
Next step: get Fidel the water of Oblivion so he can pump his shitty DEX to 10 and shoot 5 times per turn with maximum LUCK.

hpR5JBX.jpg

flushfire

Augur
The Dead City content is amazing. I didn't like the underground travel (slow movement, dead ends, locations farther than above ground, unskippable encounters) but everything else is great. The atmosphere was spot-on. Quests were good. There was even memorable loot lol. Looking forward to the deluxe edition.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Dead City content is amazing. I didn't like the underground travel (slow movement, dead ends, locations farther than above ground, unskippable encounters) but everything else is great. The atmosphere was spot-on. Quests were good. There was even memorable loot lol. Looking forward to the deluxe edition.

Yeah the distances were really annoying, I play world map travel with cheat engine's speedhack anyway because it's slow, but the subway tunnels in some parts I put to 5x speed instead of the usual 2x because getting out of a dead end takes ages.

And the unskippable encounters are very annoying. Yes, you get help from Stalkers, but you should still get the option to not involve yourself, with a chance based on your survival or stealth skill. Every encounter can be avoided if you have the right skills, *except* for these ones.

RK47

Patron
Got so many skill points, dumped it into pickpocketing to speed up cash acquisition for Pacifist run.
Stripped the prostitute of her protections with it...

mOgoH8J.jpg

Bought the Oblivion ampoule. Meet Fidel 2.0

KtCPVBS.jpg

It was worth the 7000 rubles.

RK47

Patron
The guy says you can kill animals all you like, just not humanoids, you also can't start battles (the dialogue line marked with [attack]) .

Is this included?

QjnTIpc.jpg

I honestly have no other choice in the dialogue.

curry

Arcane
What's wrong with the Old Scrapyard fight against mutants? When the fight starts it's just my main character and my squad is on the other side of the map.

Deleted Member 22431

Atom Portraits are ready to be used by every good Comrade here.

13227.jpg

Grabbed my favorite its ideal for Commissar, Do Svidania Comrade Colonel Sergei Surkov. :salute:
The portraits are gorgeous, but the person who send the files need to check them individualy again. Several portraits are duplicated when you need to choose in the Codex.

Citizen

Atomboy, is there only one The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion ampoule you can buy? The traider said he had barrels of the respec water on him, but refuses to talk after the first purchace :(

RK47

Patron
This weird quirk of Otradnoye has been there since the start. Not that it needs to be fixed but the map exit point seems to be wrong.
Suppose you exit the small village thru the south point like so:

JRkW16h.jpg

You will emerge on the north side of the village on the world map.

rApJFue.jpg

Vice versa if you leave thru the north side of the village.
I kept thinking 'How can this be? I'm not a woman, and I read the map wrong?' multiple times when the map is designed that way. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom