Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Barbarian

Arcane
I thought kingmaker was quite sjw at first glance at the companions, but when their story progress, it seem to me they were being a bit cheeky about it
Valerie is all about how she hates her beauty because people don't focus on the fact she's a strong wamen and try to court her and such, but when she loses it (somewhat) she flips out because she doesn't get the attention anymore. Made me think of this : http://i.imgur.com/FEyfmGy.jpg
Amiri says she's such a strong wahmen because she killed a giant with her bare hands and stole his sword, but in the end she was lying through her teeth and the giant was already dead.
russians

The disturbing thing, to me, was Regongar/Octavia and the whole cucking/bisexual threesome thing. Particularly how it is pushed to the player with no feedback - Literally hours after meeting them the half-orc was both offering me his woman and offering to also participate in the activity. That is why I kicked them both out of the party immediately on my last playthrough.

Now I have been keeping them, but damn it that is some sick shit. At least I had the choice to deny their advances. Also the half-orc wants to buttfuck the baron and starts making advances eventually.

I will just pretend they are a normal couple now that this sick shit content apparently stopped. The sad thing is they would be ok characters if not for being cuckolding sodomites.

Why did russians do this shit?

Wunderbar

Arcane
I thought kingmaker was quite sjw at first glance at the companions, but when their story progress, it seem to me they were being a bit cheeky about it
Valerie is all about how she hates her beauty because people don't focus on the fact she's a strong wamen and try to court her and such, but when she loses it (somewhat) she flips out because she doesn't get the attention anymore. Made me think of this : http://i.imgur.com/FEyfmGy.jpg
Amiri says she's such a strong wahmen because she killed a giant with her bare hands and stole his sword, but in the end she was lying through her teeth and the giant was already dead.
russians

The disturbing thing, to me, was Regongar/Octavia and the whole cucking/bisexual threesome thing. Particularly how it is pushed to the player with no feedback - Literally hours after meeting them the half-orc was both offering me his woman and offering to also participate in the activity. That is why I kicked them both out of the party immediately on my last playthrough.

Now I have been keeping them, but damn it that is some sick shit. At least I had the choice to deny their advances. Also the half-orc wants to buttfuck the baron and starts making advances eventually.

I will just pretend they are a normal couple now that this sick shit content apparently stopped. The sad thing is they would be ok characters if not for being cuckolding sodomites.

that's probably Avellone :smug:

Codex Year of the Donut
russians

There's an entire community called Tumblr that will buy your game just for putting a few lines of pandering in

Codex Year of the Donut
tbh some of the character alignments are a bit off
I'd put nok-nok at chaotic neutral rather than chaotic evil

Does Pathfinder have the "All goblins are evil" set in stone?
One of the Pathfinder 2 iconic characters is Fumbus, a chaotic neutral goblin alchemist.
I'd assume goblins are neutral evil by default as in the SRD, but notable goblins are obvious exceptions -- which Nok-Nok falls into.

alignment for creatures with low intelligence is a bit muddy to begin with tbh.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If Pathfinder operates on the Forgotten Realms alignment ...process I guess, the planes could've decided that he is evil, even though his actions could have different interpretations.

Yosharian

Arcane

Does any D&D system have it set in stone?

As the DM, I can do whatever the fuck I want with a given set of goblins. That's the whole point. If I want to have a goblin who's incredibly intelligent, reads books, knows spells, whatever, then that's my prerogative.

Just because D&D/PF prescribe alignments, behaviours, etc for races, doesn't mean players or DMs are strictly restricted from throwing those prescriptions out of the window occasionally.

Like, what do you think is going to happen? Is Gary Gygax himself going to knock on your door and smite you for creating a non-evil Goblin?

Forgotten Realms:
Though goblins had a poor reputation overall, not all goblins were dim-witted or evil. Some goblins have risen to become heroes, gaining enough renown to be accepted into the civilized world of other, more commonly good, races. Those goblins seeking this path may have found it difficult to overcome their temper and greed, as well as the cultural influence of their brethren, but those who did often found it could be more rewarding, in the long run at least, to serve good rather than to serve evil

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Are Kineticists a purely offensive class? And which class is the most versatile one?

They are not. Each element also offers useful utility/buffs/CC. These usually cost Burn to last more then 1 round, but if your Burn capacity is as high as it should be, its not a big deal.

Water allows strong single-target heals from Kinetic Healer and CC- Slicken - basically Grease. Slick costs Burn to last more then 1 round and generally mages should have better DCs so meh, but the Healer one is nice party support.The defensive talent is a really good shield alternative (up to +9 shield AC later on I think), so is good to have for melee Kinetic Blade Kins. Has Pushing Substance Infusion, which is basically BullRush Combat Maneuver. Wild Talent picks include feats to boost BullRush CMB.

Air has Celerity - basically Haste on demand. Perma-Haste for your party is pretty great. Oh and can get Evasion as a Wild Talent too. The main defensive talent is pretty strong vs ranged attacks. Electric Has Magnetic Substance Infusion (-4 AC vs martial attacks, no save) and Synaptic Substance Infusion (Will save or Stagger).

Earth seems to have no active talent. On the other hand, the defensive talent is pretty good, as it provides DR. You can boost it up to 20 DR, I think, which is a lot (but it would cost quite a lot of Burn, so maybe not worth to put so much). Has the broken Deadly Earth Form Infusion. Has Bowling Substance Infusion, which is basically Trip. Wild Talent picks include feats to boost Trip CMB. Also gets to pick Tremorsense as a Wild Talent.

Fire only has damage boosting Wild Talents I think. Only energy Composite Blast if you double dip Fire: Blue Flame (therefore very accurate and with some unique Infusions). Also best Form Infusions before Deadly Earth (and combines with Earth as Magma): Fan of Flames, Eruption. The Substance Infusion, Blinding Flash, blinds enemies if they fail the save - therefore so-so. I prefer Glitterdust for this purpose - or just Improved Invisibility. But it's essentially free and you spam it, so can't complain much. Also later on has Infusions that let Blue Flame ignore enemy Spell Resistance or Dispel them. The Fire Shield Defensive Talent sucks (you generally don't want to be hit). But the Wild Talent feat picks shine for the right build - free aoe Intimidation picks, including ridiculously early Dreadful Carnage. As Kins are capable of very heavy alpha-strikes, means they can often open combat and aoe intimidate all enemies for free.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut

As the DM, I can do whatever the fuck I want with a given set of goblins. That's the whole point. If I want to have a goblin who's incredibly intelligent, reads books, knows spells, whatever, then that's my prerogative.

Just because D&D/PF prescribe alignments, behaviours, etc for races, doesn't mean players or DMs are strictly restricted from throwing those prescriptions out of the window occasionally.

Like, what do you think is going to happen? Is Gary Gygax himself going to knock on your door and smite you for creating a non-evil Goblin?

Forgotten Realms:
Though goblins had a poor reputation overall, not all goblins were dim-witted or evil. Some goblins have risen to become heroes, gaining enough renown to be accepted into the civilized world of other, more commonly good, races. Those goblins seeking this path may have found it difficult to overcome their temper and greed, as well as the cultural influence of their brethren, but those who did often found it could be more rewarding, in the long run at least, to serve good rather than to serve evil
I assume that works officially licensed by Paizo are assumed to be part of the canon and generally abide by established rules though

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Yosharian

Arcane
On the topic of bizarre alignment choices Jubilost being CN makes zero fucking sense. His questline and kingdom events all point to LN, but even TN, NG, or LE make more sense than CN with his character. Quite a bit of derp on Owlcat’s part.

ArchAngel

Arcane
On the topic of bizarre alignment choices Jubilost being CN makes zero fucking sense. His questline and kingdom events all point to LN, but even TN, NG, or LE make more sense than CN with his character. Quite a bit of derp on Owlcat’s part.
He forces freedom of speech and freedom of movement and not answering to any authority but his own throughout his conversations so his CN fits well. He does change a bit later, they could have changed his alignment based on that.

Kaivokz

Arcane
russians

There's an entire community called Tumblr that will buy your game just for putting a few lines of pandering in
I’m not convinced those people actually buy anything (esp. video game related).

Drakron

Arcane

No, I guess some cases it does because low int means it lacks the capacity to even understand the basic concepts and its just instincts but animals tend to have(or had) (T)N alignment since it doesnt apply to then.

The traditional Goblin society is however evil and so most Goblins will be evil, not all but the society itself will lend to create individuals that will be of that alignment since because thats how things work among Goblins, besides Goblins are folklore creatures and so they should reflect their origins and not having FUCKING HIPSTERS think they are so cool and AGAINST THE MAN and change then because YOU CANT TELL ME WHAT TO DO DAD!

If at one point your "Goblin" is nothing but a Gnome or a Dwarf well then, congratulations on your fedora and your YT D&D channel.

Simple Simon

Scholar
Well, Nok Nok worships Lamashtu who is a Chaotic Evil deity so I think labeling him Chaotic Evil is understandable.

Codex Year of the Donut
Well, Nok Nok worships Lamashtu who is a Chaotic Evil deity so I think labeling him Chaotic Evil is understandable.
I'm not sure if nok-nok is intelligent enough to understand the implications of worshiping lamashtu.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom