Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
At least in GTA Vice City you could be a thug ice cream salesman. This shit game can't hold a candle to GTA Vice City.

We still need a Shadowrun: Vice City - game. Would buy that without a second thought.

Last edited:

Wesp5

Arcane
so fucking stupid I cant be a shotgun-wielding vampire in this fucking vampire RPG fuck fuck fuck these devs goddamn

It has already been confirmed, that this is not true. If you want to keep the firearm, just don't empty it and get more ammo instead. For whatever reason the demo player went for melee over firearms...

Latelistener

Arcane
5Qzd.jpg

Yeah, it's still fucking stupid for a game to force throwing away a gun just because you run out of bullets. Why not give the player the option to drop a weapon when and if he wants to?

jungl

Augur
Do they really need quest markers when they using the hub design. The maps are already small. If they are not worth getting lost in then your game sucks.

I understand their approach with what they doing combat scenario and it seems cool after seeing in practice but the moment our dude big bad tough guy stronk vampire runs into a hunter with a gun loaded with silver bullets and katana will have us feeling dumb as fuck :) https://youtu.be/R2o7uzf8BY4 https://youtu.be/Vcd_qCDfAyk

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane
Yeah, it's still fucking stupid for a game to force throwing away a gun just because you run out of bullets. Why not give the player the option to drop a weapon when and if he wants to?
Some of the things they've shown remind me strongly of Condemned, including tearing off pipes just to protect yourself and throwing away guns when you don't have bullets anymore.

The reason it was done this way is because of strong emphasis on melee combat and lack of any kind of inventory management. It worked there, otherwise you would have accumulated firearms and waltz through the game.

I don't think it will work here though. Also, combat, AI and animations were miles better in Condemned.

Okagron

Prophet
It has already been confirmed, that this is not true. If you want to keep the firearm, just don't empty it and get more ammo instead. For whatever reason the demo player went for melee over firearms...
Why not just let the player keep any gun they want regardless if they empty it? As much the combat in the first game was subpar (and i'm being kind of it), guns were kind of fun.

To make matters more confusing, there's a pistol skin as a pre-order bonus.
first-blood-pack-800x587.jpg

So, they are temporary, but there's a pistol skin. So do we get to get to keep specific guns? This is confusing.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Why not just let the player keep any gun they want regardless if they empty it? As much the combat in the first game was subpar (and i'm being kind of it), guns were kind of fun.

To make matters more confusing, there's a pistol skin as a pre-order bonus.
first-blood-pack-800x587.jpg

So, they are temporary, but there's a pistol skin. So do we get to get to keep specific guns? This is confusing.

It turns into your skin automatically as you pick it up, just like in your favourite online competitive shooter™️

a cut of domestic sheep prime

If you want to keep the firearm, just don't empty it and get more ammo instead.
don't empty it? that's stupid. so if you accidentally fire your last shot - oops! - your gun is gone.

really, just a dumb idea. they should opt for a trade-able weapon slot like in MGSV instead. if you want to swap, you can, if not, you can just leave the weapon empty and buy/find some ammo later.

we shouldn't have to play vampire MacGuiver every mission, trying to find some random object to fight with.

Xeon

Augur
Are the nominations of IGN per IGN staffers? I think the other games as well have multiple IGN nominations so not sure how that works.

Swigen

Arbiter
Daayum! Game must be coming along quite nicely if the prestigious IGN has taken notice!

Grand Theft Auto 4 “10 outta 10 mastapeece!” - IGN

Imperator Rome “8 outta 10 GREAT!” - IGN

ELEX “how is this gaaaem?! Nobody wanted this gaaaem!!” -IGN

:obviously:

Cross

Arcane
Some of the things they've shown remind me strongly of Condemned, including tearing off pipes just to protect yourself and throwing away guns when you don't have bullets anymore.

The reason it was done this way is because of strong emphasis on melee combat and lack of any kind of inventory management. It worked there, otherwise you would have accumulated firearms and waltz through the game.

I don't think it will work here though. Also, combat, AI and animations were miles better in Condemned.

Unlike this game, you didn't actually throw away your gun in Condemned automatically. Once it ran out of bullets, you could still use it as a melee weapon to pistol-whip enemies with. Though if you did throw it away, there was no downside, since ammo in Condemned is only ever found within guns, never by itself.

Condemned's combat is great, but an RPG where you play as a preternaturally strong vampire shouldn't copy the combat system of a survival horror game. Not that it matters, since the combat in Bloodlines 2 looks absolutely terrible regardless of genre.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd argue fighting against generic mooks and homeless isn't what you should be doing as a preternaturally strong vampire, but what do I know.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Because some people here dislike Annie's political opinions, they headcanon that her and Brian's marriage is an unhappy one.

She left her husband for Brian, and given what a loud insecure drama queen she's been on the internet, I wouldn't be surprised if she's the jealous, always-suspicious type.

Wesp5

Arcane
don't empty it? that's stupid. so if you accidentally fire your last shot - oops! - your gun is gone.

I completely agree! I already told my contact that if they really want to keep the overalll idea, you can only carry two guns anyway, you should throw an empty gun away once you find another gun with ammo, but not when it's just empty itself...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I completely agree! I already told my contact that if they really want to keep the overalll idea, you can only carry two guns anyway, you should throw an empty gun away once you find another gun with ammo, but not when it's just empty itself...

Have you been told that ammo packs can be found regularly while playing the game? I don't mean having your ammo topped up once in a while between missions or at stores, but finding it strewn about as loot.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
They are giving weapon skins in the preorders... A gun that you throw away in the trashbin after you empty its magazine and a cool sword weapon that breaks after killing 1-3 enemies...Both of this preorders are useless because of game mechanics. Makes me think that they really added it in the last minute because they could not think of anything else.

Mikeal

Arcane
They are giving weapon skins in the preorders... A gun that you throw away in the trashbin after you empty its magazine and a cool sword weapon that breaks after killing 1-3 enemies...Both of this preorders are useless because of game mechanics. Makes me think that they really added it in the last minute because they could not think of anything else.

#justparadoxthings

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom