Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mortmal

Arcane
A playable race, which I expect Swen will go out of his way to make available for the kind of deviants who liked roleplaying a lizard romancing a walking skeleton.
Its very popular amongst the new players too, we grown up with the classics , human, elf dwarf halfling , but the kids like their tabaxis and tengu...

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This whole nothingburger announcement makes me feel like Al Swearengen (like this should be a good thing, but I/he knows something is wrong) in this scene from Deadwood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNCBG2pTl10 For anyone who has seen this excellent series; this was just part 1.
Part 2 was when the doctor tried to remove the kidney stone without anesthetic - that'll be when Larian eventually tell us what the gameplay is like, and they're gonna remove all the things that are obstructing fun gameplay.
Part 3 will be when he actually has the kidney stone removed with the help of a prostitue that works for him - that'll be when Larian try to convince us that they're moving things in the right direction.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"But Baldur’s Gate is also starting to show its age.

“We love those games, but they were made 20 years ago,” Kelly said. “I’d like to believe we’ve done our best to not just rely on older design choices. We’ve been able to expand the computer RPG genre to try to experiment with new ideas. A lot of innovations have come from different genres. We’re trying not to limit ourselves.”"

FUKK OFF.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Its like... hearing Todds words all over again.

The wonders of new technologies, the taking off the shackles of old redundant mechanics, the storytelling, the visuals, just pure freedom immersion feels.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

The wonders of new technologies, the taking off the shackles of old redundant mechanics, the storytelling, the visuals, just pure freedom immersion feels.

It's the same virus that ate away DW Bradley's brain and how he went from Wizardry 7 (and Wizards & Warriors) and ended up with the Dungeon Lords real-time trash.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
It's the same virus that ate away DW Bradley's brain and how he went from Wizardry 7 (and Wizards & Warriors) and ended up with the Dungeon Lords real-time trash.
Oh yeah, and ruined Interplay, and Bioware and Troika and many other dev studios. One way or another.

And we can see the effect on individuals in this very thread, not that we havent seen plenty in other forums, back then and now.

Its like, those companies are trying to feed a brain eating virus.

Mortmal

Arcane

Yes its amazing how in so little time they managed to ruin all the sympathy i had for them.Might be a bigger betrayal than with fallout 3 .They might be surprised by the negative backlash.
Btw Infinitron have you managed to get an interview or you are completely ignored /blacklisted ?

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
There wont be any interview. The last one was done as a marketing gimmick to get crowdfunding support. They dont need that now. Especially because there is a lot of shitting all over both DoS games around here.
And they already started rejecting almost all input during DoS2 - unless its saying what they mean to do anyway. Plus, the are closing TB threads on Steam already so... they wont talk about any of that.
Its all marketing now. Carefully worded press releases, pre approved questions and few twitter posts and such.

On the other hand i dont see how they could go for RTwP due to multiplayer which is already pushed as a big thing. Something never seen before, they said. I bet. Six dimensional multiverse real time with turns.
Or just Real time with slowdown.

Phase based is a theoretical possibility but to use it in a highly commercial mass market project like this would be insane. Can you imagine the screeching from mass market tards when they have to watch a move play out without being able to do anything?

While the sweet freedom of real time visceral epic action keeps whispering in the ear.

And spell slots being "unintuitive for the players" no less - while DoS games had them and nobody said a word. Especially in DoS 2 where MEMORY stat determines how many spells you can REMEMBER.

-
I dont think it will be as bad as Fallout, unless they make it into a First person fucking shooter which is also utter shit in every possible way. Thats hard to surpass.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Dude, almost 5 pages now, fucking shilling your shitty ass website.

Are you fucking done yet?

Who the fuck are you... ? Get the fuck out with this trash. You're not even remotely on the topic anymore.

Whoring for attention the most shameless way possible, fucking Jesus Christ.

sarevok.jpg

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

You're a sack of shit.

PS:T is deeply flawed similar to Troika's unpolished and bug-ridden masterpieces, but the latter are superior as games. Far, far superior. And while Troika's games are underrated, PS:T is overrated. It is the most overrated IE game and possibly the most overrated RPG of the Renaissance era.

And that's just 1 retarded comment out of dozens you keep spouting, foul agent of decline. Heathen! Heretic!

Ye shan't corrupt mine soul, witch! DEUS VULT!

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The butthurt brigade's going on next.

You know what? I'm so glad to have been born in a time when web logs were not existant.

The incessant chittering of idiots was never there. I never had an option: I had to get good at the game - no place to turn to. No place for a "Lilura" to whisper creepy-crawlies into my head. I had to think for myself.

If there is any real symbol of decline is that people actually need to check your website to know what to think.

... and even worse: that you're proud of spreading your excrements into their minds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom