Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News PC Gaming Show at E3 2019: Bloodlines 2 Gameplay Trailer

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
It is so silly that the PC just jumps down to the street level whenever they can because cool factor. Nuh-uh boy, that shit costs blood, being a vampire isn't a free-pass to superhuman acrobatics. In source material, that is.

Also, hostiles landing down like Batman/Superman out of nowhere looks like the new random encounters / grind.

Writing looks/sounds very cheap, how can anyone even aspire to make a sequel without getting your writing game first? Voice acting also mediocre and facial aberrations, oops, I meant animations, are really sad.

Music is generic but sort of fit the mood, though if we don't get some gothic/punk/industrial music in the next trailer, then I'll be disappointed.

Looks like a fun game but I don't know about being a BL sequel.

They can't blame having no source material to draw from to make a script. Voice acting.. i generally ignore since i play a lot of games that just don't have vocals (and the ones i do i wish the people would shut up). I do get the feeling they're going to make this more like a fighter/shooter with a railroad plot that just pushes you forward. Yeah, i need to hear more sound/music cuts. I hope this doesn't become a vampire Arkham Asylum game. Nothing wrong with that game on its own but not what im looking for here.

Turuko

Learned
i does not look as bad as i thought it would look when they announced it
Mitsoda on the other hand is still the same autist with sweatypalmsbutiwearfingerlessgloves dude

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The comments above, and the trailers, actually made me see that the game seems to be missing the extra tick that made the old one special.
Is it because also ticks feed on blood?

Here's one extra for you:
tickssd.jpg

Wesp5

Arcane
Curly haired bathrobe wearing cuck vampire is depressingly telling of their character designs, later confirmed by no tits dangerhair lesbian vampire club owner. I bet we wont see any clearly masculine/feminine npc's that aren't villains.

Him being a dork is the point. That's the vampire who takes you in after you're bitten, a recluse who hides in his house with his windows boarded up and drinks blood from blood packs.

I saw the beginning of the game in a video web conference and this guy, called Dale, was very funny and a real cool character in dialogue, although opposite in everything to Smiling Jack :).

As for voice-overs and music, I hope they are place holders. Like Mitsoda voices half the NPCs there himself and the music is an unused Rik Schaffer piece he send me to include in my patch. I guess he is in the middle of making the new soundtrack right now!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The unused piece is good and should stay. :rpgcodex:

Wesp5

Arcane
The unused piece is good and should stay. :rpgcodex:

That is just a variation on the LA downtown theme from Bloodlines so I don't think it would fit to Seattle. Also it's been the background music in the Unofficial Patch tutorial for years, so most players should already know it :)!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That is just a variation on the LA downtown theme from Bloodlines so I don't think it would fit to Seattle.

I disagree.

Also it's been the background music in the Unofficial Patch tutorial for years, so most players should already know it :)!

I doubt most people play with your plus fan fiction.

Cross

Arcane
That piece of music is titled "Downtown Hub (Unused Alternate)", so it was clearly meant for the downtown area, which is where the tutorial technically takes place in.

You don't have to play with the plus patch to enjoy the restored music. You can copy those tracks over to a basic patch installation. It's what I do.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That piece of music is titled "Downtown Hub (Unused Alternate)", so it was clearly meant for the downtown area, which is where the tutorial technically takes place in.

You don't have to play with the plus patch to enjoy the restored music. You can copy those tracks over to a basic patch installation. It's what I do.

Troika didn't include it in the official release because they liked the other downtown theme better and didn't think it was worth using somewhere else (which is too bad because it's a fine song).

The version of the basic patch I use already includes the bonus tracks in the music section.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom