Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Codex Year of the Donut
You really should be able to recruit your general from the Varnhold DLC if you picked the option that lets you save them.

Kaivokz

Arcane
This is my endless dungeon character, I am on floor 34 at the moment and so far the character is doing fine.
I think I'm around floor 25, running a four person party right now.
My monk is at 67 AC and 35/35/35/35/30/25 for 20-30 damage.
+7 Wisdom
+3 monk levels
+9 Dexterity
+5 deflection
+4 shield
+4 armor
+5 natural armor enhancement
+19 dodge (feat, censor's robes, wings, fight defensively, crane wing, defensive spin, haste)
+1 circumstance bonus
Rest of the party is Bard for buffs+songs, Fighter with composite longbow, and Dark Kineticist.
I am running a solo party with 19 Sylvan Sorc/1 monk+Dog. Tbh I could probably have gone without the monk level, I am kind of wanting the 1 extra level 8 and 9 spell atm more than the extra AC. My character is at 79 AC (not counting that stacking buff, now that I am aware of it I can avoid it). Gear isn't that great either, could have another 10-15 if I could actually find some of the nicer unique pieces. Unless the enemy composition changes sometime soon it has become somewhat tedious since every encounter since 30 has been some mixup of wild hunt or Autumn golems.
What's your main form of damage running solo sorc + dog?

Kaivokz

Arcane
Sharpedge Also, have you talked to the dragon to unlock the, what I assume are, bosses? I didn't realize I was supposed to talk to him until like a floor ago.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Theoretically Legendary Proportions should stack, as the spell description calls it a "Size" natural armor bonus.
It does not anymore... while less understandable things, like Frightfull Aspect (maybe also Transformation?) do stack.

Sharpedge

Prophet
It depends on the fight. For some fights it is fire damage from sirocco, although I prefer not to use it as it damages the pet if I am not careful, but most of the time it it is merely left clicking and hitting monsters. Dragon Form on the sorc with Sense Vitals+ greater polymorphed dragonform dog is a pretty nasty combination.
Sharpedge Also, have you talked to the dragon to unlock the, what I assume are, bosses? I didn't realize I was supposed to talk to him until like a floor ago.
I did and I have killed them so far. There is 1 every 10 floors.
Is there any real benefit running it solo if you hit the level cap well before the bottom floor?
There is not, I just prefer to play solo. It doesn't make it much harder anyhow, you can still clear 1 floor every 6 minutes or so on unfair.

Yosharian

Arcane
Theoretically Legendary Proportions should stack, as the spell description calls it a "Size" natural armor bonus.
It does not anymore... while less understandable things, like Frightfull Aspect (maybe also Transformation?) do stack.
Legendary Proportions should definitely stack with other sources of Natural Armor.

Kaivokz

Arcane
It depends on the fight. For some fights it is fire damage from sirocco, although I prefer not to use it as it damages the pet if I am not careful, but most of the time it it is merely left clicking and hitting monsters. Dragon Form on the sorc with Sense Vitals+ greater polymorphed dragonform dog is a pretty nasty combination.
Nice, that does sound nasty. I might have to try that build out.

There is not, I just prefer to play solo. It doesn't make it much harder anyhow, you can still clear 1 floor every 6 minutes or so on unfair.
If you get bored just make 5 more sorcs and have 12 dragons rampage through.

Codex Year of the Donut
What spells do you guys consider essential and/or underrated for arcane & divine?
e.g., Echolocation is really good.

Kaivokz

Arcane
Off the top of my head for very useful:
Detect invisiblity
Resist/absorb elements
Circle of death/undeath to death

Chains of Light and Sirocco probably underrated.

Codex Year of the Donut
Hm, True Seeing doesn't appear to do anything AFAICT.
Checked through the resource files & searched through the source. The fact part of it exists and is correctly applied by the spell resource, but nothing in the game actually uses it.

dnspy being buggy, found it with grep
True Seeing grants immunity to visual effects & the equivalent of see invisibility.
Code:
       public bool IsImmuneToVisualEffects
       {
           [CompilerGenerated]
           get
           {
               return this.State.HasCondition(UnitCondition.Blindness) || this.State.HasCondition(UnitCondition.TrueSeeing);
           }
       }
       public bool IsSeeInvisibility
       {
           [CompilerGenerated]
           get
           {
               return this.State.HasCondition(UnitCondition.SeeInvisibility) || this.State.HasCondition(UnitCondition.TrueSeeing);
           }
       }

First one allows you to bypass mirror image.

Code:
               bool flag4 = !flag3 && this.TargetAC - this.Roll - this.AttackBonus <= 5;
               if ((flag3 || flag4) && !this.Initiator.Descriptor.IsImmuneToVisualEffects)
               {
                   UnitPartMirrorImage unitPartMirrorImage = this.Target.Get<UnitPartMirrorImage>();
                   if (unitPartMirrorImage != null)
                   {
                       this.HitMirrorImageIndex = unitPartMirrorImage.TryAbsorbHit(flag4);
                       if (this.HitMirrorImageIndex > 0)
                       {
                           this.Result = AttackResult.MirrorImage;
                       }
                   }
               }

I guess it makes sense that a blinded person can't be confused by mirror image.

Last edited:

Kaivokz

Arcane
So it seems like to progress in the tenebrous depths you need to retire your character and start over every time you beat a boss.

Codex Year of the Donut
when choosing region upgrades, do NOT pick them from the cards. It doesn't warn you that there's two to pick from(exclusively), and one/both might not be unlocked yet. Click on the map tab to zoom out and click the individual region to view the information.

Codex Year of the Donut
The mouseover-loredumps are a nice way to prevent NPCs spewing books of history at you when you don't care/there for when you do

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The mouseover-loredumps are a nice way to prevent NPCs spewing books of history at you when you don't care/there for when you do
Main thing is not overdo them. It looks a bit ridiculous in games with this feature (POEs, Tyranny, P:K) when 4 of 5 word in sentence has hint with couple of paragraphs textwall on them.

Codex Year of the Donut
:prosper:
Whoever wrote the hellknight quest needs fired.
If I tell my guards to seize someone, that doesn't mean let them walk the fuck away. That means seize them, I don't care who they are I'm the god damn motherfucking king.
If you won't seize them then let me fireball them in the face for harassing my subjects infront of me.

Daidre

Arcane
If I tell my guards to seize someone, that doesn't mean let them walk the fuck away. That means seize them, I don't care who they are I'm the god damn motherfucking king.
If you won't seize them then let me fireball them in the face for harassing my subjects infront of me.

Chance to write a quest was one of the rewards to highest contributors in Kickstarter campaign. So no hopes of firing him) And I guess promising to include your work into game only to fix/rewrite it later is not nice. Afaik Codex quest found its way into P:K using the same Kickstarter feature.

Last edited:
Hi, I just reached chapter 5 and I think the best way to describe my situation is to say the game took a massive shit on itself because now saving, loading save games and areas all take around 5 minutes each and there's a 50% chance the game will crash

Is this normal for the game or it is my shitty/outdated comp?

Codex Year of the Donut

Chance to write a quest was one of the rewards to highest contributors in Kickstarter campaign. So no hopes of firing him) And I guess promising to include your work into game only to fix/rewrite it later is not nice. Afaik Codex quest found its way into P:K using the same Kickstarter feature.
It's a jrpg-tier railroaded quest

Codex Year of the Donut
Some the choices regarding kingdom building feel too constricting.
e.g., my mages keep fucking shit up but there's no option to build them a fucking place to do their experiments in the massive amount of area I have inhabited by nothing

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

What's the 'codex quest?

Daidre

Arcane
e.g., my mages keep fucking shit up but there's no option to build them a fucking place to do their experiments in the massive amount of area I have inhabited by nothing
Half of Arcane level up choices is about freedom vs regulation. But Octavia gives very biased opinion (compared to Storyteller) when she appointed as advisor so you may not even notice that containment options are there.

What's the 'codex quest?
About Grimoire of course.

Last edited:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Half of Arcane level up choices about freedom vs regulation. But Octavia gives very biased opinion (compared to Storyteller) when she chosen as advisor so you may not even notice that containment options are there.

What's the 'codex quest?
About Grimoire of course.

Ah yeah, that, DERP DERP.

Codex Year of the Donut
Half of Arcane level up choices about freedom vs regulation. But Octavia gives very biased opinion (compared to Storyteller) when she appointed as advisor so you may not even notice that containment options are there.
imagine being dumb enough to pick a random slave you just met as your advisor over an incredibly old elf who is mystical as fuck

Daidre

Arcane
Regongar is amazing general even for LG kingdom so former slave is not as big a problem. But Military choices are all about Might vs Magic with almost no morality involved. His preference for Magic is nice when all LG Cassil worries about is licking Aldory's ass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom