Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
From the bad people who brought back Night Trap and Double Switch:

ss_6573500fe784bda69937ab0ee13bb68d97100a1f.600x338.jpg
ss_ba30d57c1e6b59394eb01c5b2b678bda125cbb8c.600x338.jpg

Slitherine's 2018 real-time tactical wargame:

ss_486343a109ae94ab6c0f0cd1b7077a45802c528e.600x338.jpg
ss_ae6e35ba198a78123ce02219d0a63871a71f0c52.600x338.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Spyro trilogy remaster:

Contra Collection:

The Contra Anniversary Collection brings this classic Run and Gun franchise back to modern platforms and a new generation of players.

Grab power ups and blast your way through waves of menacing enemies and bosses that will put your reaction skills to the test. Also included is a digital Bonus Book with tons of concept documents and sketches, the official chronology of the franchise, an exclusive interview with the veteran producer of the series, and more!

Alone or with a friend, Contra provides hours of nail biting action. In a pinch; make sure you know the code!

Contra (Arcade)
Super Contra
Contra (NA)
Contra (JP)
Super C
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Operation C
Contra Hard Corps
Super Probotector Alien Rebels
Probotector

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
This trend towards remastering games and releasing them at premium prices.... I don't find this a good substitute for the creation of new content.

Exanima finally, FINALLY going on sale. Think I'll pick it up, been eyeballing it for ages since it's as close to a modern Die by the Sword as I'm likely ever going to get and for about $10 it's probably a good time.

Modron

Arcane
Blackguards 2 at -80% - worth it at that discount?
I haven't played but the Konsensus seems to be it's not particularly worth your time.
I kind of feel like most of that konsensus is from people who haven't played it though and just parroting the opinions of a small handful of vocal detractors. Sure it is not as good as the first game but it also isn't terrible.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Blackguards 2 at -80% - worth it at that discount?
Not in my opinion. Streamlined character system and overly long battles. Taking and retaking cities also feels like a chore with super long battles. The first game is much better and has more fun battles.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
A free book of design documents from Zachtronics games (SpaceChem, Opus Magnum, Infinifactory, etc.), plus prototypes and early games from them:

ss_bb34837130f3f031a5ff137faa0224ac4d02c98d.600x338.jpg
ss_427cb9f839e6d94be90e7b142b434b873aca4037.600x338.jpg

ZACH-LIKE is a book of behind-the-scenes design documents from Zachtronics.

The digital version of ZACH-LIKE contains the full contents of the book (in two different PDF layouts), a bunch of terrible games that Zach made before SpaceChem, and some prototypes and early builds of Zachtronics games, both released and... not.
  • Read ZACH-LIKE in its entirety, either in tablet-friendly portrait mode or widescreen-friendly "simulated book" mode!
  • Experiment with omnivators, liquids, robots, and more in an early build of Infinifactory with hideous placeholder art!
  • Play an early version of Opus Magnum where arms stack recursively, and the weird solitaire tactics minigame that was cut from it.
  • Explore the lost undersea world of Project Typhoon, the submarine-based sandbox game we stopped making a few months into development.
  • Grab three friends and four keyboards and conquer the network in Hack the Planet, a game Zach made specifically for a party at his house.
  • Enjoy* the entire back catalogue of pre-SpaceChem Zachtronics games, from Gregor Mendel's Pro Botanist to the infamous Infiniminer.
*Any enjoyment other than ironic is not guaranteed.

With very cool launcher:

D8vSBEXVsAEjf80.png

Modron

Arcane
They Are Billions exits early access

As Dead Monarchy enters it

Western JRPG

A decent looking point and click adventure game

Edit: Forgot, granted hard to miss it with that banner up on steam

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom