Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

hexer

How many games are coming out in Spring 2020?
All of them?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Crowdfunding was nothing more than a scam to reap our sweet nostalgia dollars.
Here i disagree with you mate,crowdfunded did help quite a few noname studios to put out a game. It was used as a scam by established brands and magic devs. Without it we wouldn't have got games like tower of time,a hat in time or kingmaker. There is like 50/50 chance of indie game coming out,and most of them are pretty good.

It was not the scam. It just happen that when people get older, they lost their touch. Which I think is even worse than scam.
Also the fact that games are made by a team and not by one magical dude.....unless hardcore indies ;). Everyone on the does contribute to the game and it is stupid to give all the credit to single dude.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
With regard to inXile, the problem with the "these geezers from the 1980s/1990s have lost their touch!" narrative is that their most oldschool, most Brian Fargo-influenced game - Wasteland 2 - was actually the most successful and well-received.

Torment: Tides of Numenera was led by Kevin Saunders, who when the game began development had directed Codex masterpiece Mask of the Betrayer less than 6 years earlier. George Ziets had an important role on that project also.

Bard's Tale IV was led by David Rogers, a young guy with his first game development credit in 2013.

Now George Ziets is the lead designer on Wasteland 3, so let's hope this isn't actually a rule.

Anyway, the game may very well be bad, but it's silly to jump to that conclusion based on the tone of an intentionally goofy trailer.

Last edited:

Lemming42

Arcane
The trailer sucks shit but I doubt the game will be quite that retarded.

As long as they tighten up the combat a little bit and, ideally, don't make the maps so stupidly fucking big like in WL2 that 90% of the game is spent walking around empty space, then the game can't really go wrong.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
I mean, I still pretty hopeful about WL3, but that E3 trailer was really odd. Why would you choose that tone? You kind of fucked up on the marketing part, if your CEO (Fargo) has to go on twitter, to explain the trailer and how its been misintepreted. Hopefully the game itself will be good and better than WL2, it has MCA and Ziets.

So many games and movies are mishandled by marketing these days.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Torment: Tides of Numenera was led by Kevin Saunders, who when the game began development had directed Codex masterpiece Mask of the Betrayer less than 6 years earlier. George Ziets had an important role on that project also.

As you well know Kevin was fired half way through and replaced by Chris Keenan, because he resisted diverting kickstarter funds to other projects and all ingenious changes to the game the management pushed to achieve that.
Which went so far they didnt pay for quality character avatar portraits but replaced them with cheap generic nonsense cobbled by someone in the studio.

Although you seem to have some deranged psychological motive to blame him for various issues and horrible state of the game that was released, probably to suck ass to the company/devs as you usually do, Tides that came out cannot be considered his work at all.

edit:

Yeah sure, my post is "creative". Right-e-o.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Small increase of coverage today thanks to Deep Silver's press release: https://www.deepsilver.com/en/check-out-the-wasteland-3-e3-trailer/

CHECK OUT THE WASTELAND 3 E3 TRAILER!

inXile Entertainment, the studio led by Interplay founder and Wasteland co-creator Brian Fargo and Deep Silver are pleased to announce that Wasteland 3 will be arriving in Spring 2020 on Xbox One, Xbox Game Pass, PlayStation 4, Windows, Mac, and Linux. The legendary series, which pioneered the post-apocalypse genre in video games, returns players to the role of Desert Rangers, lawmen in a post-nuclear world working to rebuild civilization from the ashes. Trading the dry, dusty heat of the American south-west for a perpetually frozen Colorado, Wasteland 3 features a number of chilling new locations where the Rangers receive an even frostier reception from the locals.

In addition to narrative choices and consequences, and the tactical turn-based combat that the series is known for, Wasteland 3 delivers brand new features, including a dynamic conversation system that highlights the weird and wild denizens of the Colorado Wasteland, an upgradable player vehicle, and the ability to play through the storyline cooperatively with a friend online. Today’s trailer provides a small look at the big things in store for Wasteland fans.

According to inXile CEO Brian Fargo, “Wasteland 3 is a passion project for inXile and especially me. I directed the first Wasteland in 1988 and its sequel was one of the original great crowdfunding successes, and it’s a series we care deeply about. Thanks to our partnership with Deep Silver and Microsoft, we’re able to deliver the kind of deep, immersive experience that Wasteland fans want and expect.”

Xeon

Augur
Cohh talks a little bit about WL3.

Edit:
For some reason the twitch video was removed or something, video was uploaded to YT.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Shacknews brief writeup of the interview: https://www.shacknews.com/article/1...more-about-the-players-journey-than-the-story

Wasteland 3 is more about the player's journey than the story
We talked with Brian Fargo about Wasteland 3, what the studio is doing to improve the formula, and more at E3 2019.

Since InXile Entertainment was picked up by Microsoft last year, the team has been hard at work making Wasteland 3 a reality for fans of the series, tacking in even more content with the additional funding from Microsoft. Picking up after the events of the second game, the new game will take players to Colorado, where they’ll get to experience the frigid snowy mountains of Colorado Springs. We caught up with Brian Fargo, Studio Head of InXile to talk about the upcoming RPG and how the team has evolved the series since Wasteland 2.

When asked what the team has learned from Wasteland 2, Brian Fargo stated, “we’ve taken the things that they [the community] love and put everything on steroids.” This was, of course, in reference to the overall reactivity of the game to the player’s choice, and even the visuals and more. Fargo also mentioned that they’ve gone through and added a ton of voices to the game. It was unclear if every character is voiced, or if just the main group is, but either way, you should have more voice acting to look forward to in the next chapter of the Wasteland series.

Doesn't mention the last couple of minutes of the interview, where Brian reveals a few new plot details (I think).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fuck,it looks like something a 13 year old would want to make. It is just too cheesy and stupid. i honestly can't see mature people enjoying it,the humour is what you will find in american public toilet. I mean,just look at this stupidity!
DsltbOT.png

A clown cannibals that use neon signs from the 50s and live in a church......while dressing like retards. Fuck,even nu fallout games have better world building than this garbage. Who the fuck will be able to take this game seriously with all this stupidity flying around?!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
The Retcon Raider is great. I wonder what his account here is called (hard to believe he doesn't have one).

Saduj

Arcane
A clown cannibals that use neon signs from the 50s and live in a church......while dressing like retards.

Someone probably came up with the idea during the “creepy clown” scare from a few years ago. Most of the reports were probably bogus but there were a few tards out there dressing up like clowns to scare people.

There is another “It” movie coming out this year so we may get a reprise.

In any case, at least you get to kill this version.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
A clown cannibals that use neon signs from the 50s and live in a church......while dressing like retards.

Someone probably came up with the idea during the “creepy clown” scare from a few years ago. Most of the reports were probably bogus but there were a few tards out there dressing up like clowns to scare people.

There is another “It” movie coming out this year so we may get a reprise.

In any case, at least you get to kill this version.
It is still juvenile,i remember having such retarded ideas while playing make believe with my friends as a kid. The worst part is that the whole game feels that way,judging from the trailer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom