Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Seems to me that BG3 generated quite a bit of buzz, even without revealing any information at all about the game. They'll make more buzz when they reveal any information at all about the game. 2 buzz > 1 buzz. It's really just about the math.
Don’t you think it’s stupid to do a bajillion interviews and not say anything interesting? I mean why waste all that time, I’m sure hype will die down.
Hype would've died down whether they revealed stuff or not. I don't think it would've made much of a difference, to be honest. The important thing is that interviews were done, and published all over the interwebs.
But still, all the interviews were identical which said nothing about gameplay, or engine. I’m sure some people are losing/lost interest.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Do you consider IWD superior to BG?
I do actually, but I admit it's quite subjective - like a D&D campaign, it depends on whether you are in the mood for one type of campaign or the other.
I have played IWD for 2 hours and I already consider it superior. BG2 might be a different story. But IWD has Giants, BG does not even have hill giants.
BG2 has everything and the kitchen sink. IWD is done with taste. It's really a miracle how they achieved something so good, mainly thanks to time/money constraints and playing by ear.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But still, all the interviews were identical which said nothing about gameplay, or engine. I’m sure some people are losing/lost interest.
Lost interest in what, exactly? Reading about the game? Probably. The game itself? I don't think so. With this announcement, people know that Baldur's Gate by Larian exists. Soon they'll know what Baldur's Gate by Larian will look and play like. Anyone whose interest was piqued by this announcement will surely be back.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Lost interest in what, exactly? Reading about the game? Probably. The game itself? I don't think so. With this announcement, people know that Baldur's Gate by Larian exists. Soon they'll know what Baldur's Gate by Larian will look and play like. Anyone whose interest was piqued by this announcement will surely be back.
I can’t speak logic into a fantastically optomistic person. Whatever, I think even fanboys have to get tired of the interviews.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you had read my post, you would see that I agreed that people are probably tired of reading contentless interviews. They (we) will have noticed that nothing is being revealed yet, and so they'll wait for further info down the road. This way, the hype is spread out for maximum exposure.

And as I've mentioned multiple times, I'm expecting this game to be bad, so you can drop the fabulously optimistic angle.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
If you had read my post, you would see that I agreed that people are probably tired of reading contentless interviews. They (we) will have noticed that nothing is being revealed yet, and so they'll wait for further info down the road. This way, the hype is spread out for maximum exposure.

And as I've mentioned multiple times, I'm expecting this game to be bad, so you can drop the fabulously optimistic angle.
Meh, I would thought some people stopped giving a shit, but I guess I’m being to fantastically optimistic.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Results of the poll in Larian's BG3 forums:
upload_2019-6-15_17-8-29.png

Both sides are fabulously optimistic. The "Twitch Combat" option is missing. :lol:

Fairly sure that no one at Larian will give a shit about the poll, anyway, since the game designers probably already made their pick two years ago when development started.

That said, RTWP is the blatantly inferior option and if you chose it you are an inferior being as well.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Retards that want for BG to be TB are no different than the retards that liked Fallout 3 as shooter. A bunch of stupid faggots that didn't enjoyed the original just want to fuck up the fans that liked the game. Sad old cunts that can't keep up.

Quillon

Arcane
Retards that want for BG to be TB

I don't think it would be better overall in RTwP, since its not designed to be one but I prefer it RTwP anyway, so FUCK TB as I've been saying for 3 years but its gonna be TB, you have to be absolute delusional to not see it coming; for one thing co-op wouldn't work in RTwP, pure RT akshun is a better possibility than RTwP but its gonna be TB, yo, really.

Xeon

Augur
I don't think I'll mind it either way, I loved the IE combat and the DOS combat was also pretty good and since they said they are aware of the short comings of DOS2's armor and whatever, hopefully either way will be pretty good.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Fairly sure that no one at Larian will give a shit about the poll, anyway, since the game designers probably already made their pick two years ago when development started.

That said, RTWP is the blatantly inferior option and if you chose it you are an inferior being as well.
Let me once again engage in "alarmism", "spreading of panic", and "negativity": what are the chances that when WotC gave Larian the rights to do a BG3, gameplay details such as the combat being turn based or RtwP were not discussed, and at least agreed upon, if not being set in writing in some kind of contract between WotC and Larian?

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
Swen replied to the "RTwP or TB" question in some panel and said "I think people will be happy". Makes me believe players will be able to pick RTwP or TB, which means Arcanum/M&M tier disaster incoming.

turkishronin

Arcane

Let's face it, most RPGs have terrible combat. RTwP is superior because it ends faster.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom