Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

a cut of domestic sheep prime

If you want to keep the firearm, just don't empty it and get more ammo instead.
don't empty it? that's stupid. so if you accidentally fire your last shot - oops! - your gun is gone.

I completely agree! I already told my contact that if they really want to keep the overalll idea, you can only carry two guns anyway, you should throw an empty gun away once you find another gun with ammo, but not when it's just empty itself...

Have you been told that ammo packs can be found regularly while playing the game? I don't mean having your ammo topped up once in a while between missions or at stores, but finding it strewn about as loot.
From the sound of it, I doubt you can find ammo at all and just pick up loaded weapons.

Looking at the gameplay, it seems like they want to make every game fight feel improvisational, probably in an attempt to capture the feel of an action film, or else just as an attempt at simplifying the combat system so as not to repeat some of the perceived errors of Bloodlines - guns being too weak to be a legitimate path etc.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Guns were only weak in the first two hubs. If you're not using guns by the end, you're going to be in for a hard time unless you're putting it all into high damage spells.

Okagron

Prophet
Colt Anaconda was ridiculously strong from midgame to endgame in Bloodlines 1. I think it's the reason why i tolerated the sewers and all of the endgame dungeons, i was just destroying enemies left and right. And it was kind of fun honestly.

Nines_Anarch

Learned
A Q1 2020 release won't be enough for them to polish it. I would preffer a delay.

To get this done the release date should be around Q4 2020 (October - December). And that's being optimistical.

I mean Bloodlines 2 still is in pre-alpha (which means not playable from begining to end yet). While Cyberpunk 2077 has been in alpha (completed) since 2018 (they have been polishing it and adding new stuff since then).

I know the budgets are very different but it serves as an example. Even a 2020 release is very optimistic for B2... A 2021 release date would be more realistic considering its actual stage. Otherwise it could be the same case as Bloodlines 1 on release.

I am not expecting the same level of improvement as Troika did for Jeanette model...

Vampire_The_Masquerade_Bloodlines_-_Changes.png

If they can manage to improve on the same level Troika did over development progress of the original then I'll eat my own words. But so far doesn't seem to be the case.

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
Bloodlines 2 is not on the same scale as Cyberpunk 2077, it's not a massive open world game. BL2 is a humble hub-based game with fewer content and shorter walkthrough time. Hardsuit Lab won't need as much time to polish the game. Ya dingus.

Nines_Anarch

Learned
Bloodlines 2 is not on the same scale as Cyberpunk 2077, it's not a massive open world game. BL2 is a humble hub-based game with fewer content and shorter walkthrough time. Hardsuit Lab won't need as much time to polish the game. Ya dingus.

Yeah, it was not a good example and I hope you are right. But definitely needs some extra polishment on some levels. What I meant is that I would preffer a delay instead of a rushed out game. I can wait another year.

Alexios

Augur
Patron
"Polishing" doesn't even begin to address this mess.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I have newfound disrespect for Paradox. After that gameplay video, I would've scrapped the project and asked some other studio to do it from scratch. It's better to admit your mistakes earlier (your poor choice of studio), than to ruin your entire IP and then be like "oh well, I guess VTM franchise wasn't lucrative to begin with!"

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Shit, as much as I hate Obsidian and think them an incompetent diversity brigade, I would've preferred them to do it. This is how bad it is.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's better to admit your mistakes earlier (your poor choice of studio), than to ruin your entire IP and then be like "oh well, I guess VTM franchise wasn't lucrative to begin with!"

Don't worry, they also have a visual novel and a walking sim with bad ends coming out this year too. They're going to run it into the ground.

the franchise belongs to mitsoda much more than it does to the paracucks

The guy who wrote a bunch of stock clan archetypes under the direction of Boyarsky?

The person who created the setting was fired for being too edgy (the Chechnya thing). +M

Wesp5

Arcane
Have you been told that ammo packs can be found regularly while playing the game? I don't mean having your ammo topped up once in a while between missions or at stores, but finding it strewn about as loot.

Not exactly like that. I was told that ammo could be found, but not how. Also they are thinking about making guns you dropped available again later, like in a shop or your haven.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
14-anti03-13.jpg

now that is a worthwhile opponent

It's not about being worthy or not, it's about the context. Gimble is an organ appendage harvester who is operating* under the radar during the other murders by that other guy. He isn't a homeless or a generic mook.

*( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Delterius

Arcane
14-anti03-13.jpg

now that is a worthwhile opponent

It's not about being worthy or not, it's about the context. Gimble is an organ appendage harvester who is operating under the radar during the other murders by that other guy. He isn't a homeless or a generic mook.
that was a joke but if you want boring old context like the anti joke activist that you are acting like, tbf in bl1 your first mission is to kill a bunch of drug mooks in santa monica

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
that was a joke but if you want boring old context like the anti joke activist that you are acting like, tbf in bl1 your first mission is to kill a bunch of drug mooks in santa monica

You have to get the explosives, not kill generic mooks, they aren't aggressive at first. You can stealth or talk to that black guy and not kill anyone. Also, they are armed drug dealers, not homeless trying to kill you with pipes or wrenches.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom