Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Sharpedge

Prophet
Scion is not good with anything in new league. Scion has not received any buffs in both leagues where they "fixed" casters and then melee.
Actually, Scion is the best class to play for a support. It is just that supports are boring to play and rely on having others to play with.

Absinthe

Arcane
Scions are fine for crit builds, aura builds, stat-maximizing builds, sparkers, totem builds, and block builds (gladiator + necro with self-offering can get around +32% block and spellblock (+5 with helmet enchant), in case you want to achieve 75% dodge and 75% block on the same build or you just want to cap block with a staff). To a lesser extent it also works for curse builds (if you're using Cospri's Will anyway) and CI builds (easy stun immunity). And aura builds can double as minion builds easily enough.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Scions are fine for crit builds, aura builds, stat-maximizing builds, sparkers, totem builds, and block builds (gladiator + necro with self-offering can get around +37% block and spellblock, in case you want to achieve 75% dodge and 75% block on the same build or you just want to cap block with a staff). To a lesser extent it also works for curse builds (if you're using Cospri's Will anyway) and CI builds (easy stun immunity). And aura builds can double as minion builds easily enough.
Almost all ascendancy bonuses give crap damage. They do get some nice features here and there but never any good damage boosts.

Perkel

Arcane
Scion have easy access to all jewel slots you want.

jewels are outright broken atm

Absinthe

Arcane
They fixed the most broken one in 3.7
That fix is pretty annoying for Scion crit builds and the major offender wasn't the nodes but a single jewel it was used with. Every Assassin Scion used those nodes. Now they're lousy as shit. Accuracy-spam is a thing, but mostly for niche builds like Juggernauts with Oskarm and Obscurantis.

Almost all ascendancy bonuses give crap damage. They do get some nice features here and there but never any good damage boosts.
Assassin ascendancy is good for a damage boost to crit builds. If you have Cospri's and are abusing curses then Occultist definitely gives a massive boost without going all-in on curses. Hierophant Scion gives a large DPS boost to spell totem builds. Aside from that Scion gets +5 passive points and the shortcut can save even more passives. That can translate into a lot more damage.

abija

Prophet
Most bullshit wording since it happened even with Resolute Technique.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
How hard are endless domains of conflict? (does it depend on how many emblems?)

I'm thinking of going there in HC, but I loathe not knowing how rippy it is. I noticed maraketh units are very stronk, so I don't think I'd use that one.

Depends on the build I guess, but overall I feel like mobs and bosses deal (way) less damage there but bosses have way more HP compared to the usual map encounter.

Did it a bunch of times with 4 and 5 armies never came close to dying as ED trickster (with a few layers of RNG defense, the usual for that sort of build), I don't think I saw my hp move once even, unless I'm just facetanking their skills.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Depends on the build I guess, but overall I feel like mobs and bosses deal (way) less damage there but bosses have way more HP compared to the usual map encounter.

Did it a bunch of times with 4 and 5 armies never came close to dying as ED trickster (with a few layers of RNG defense, the usual for that sort of build), I don't think I saw my hp move once even, unless I'm just facetanking their skills.
Less damage compared to what map tier though ?

Less damage compared to what map tier though ?

Def reds, possibly yellows. I don't remember how much damage bosses did on white maps or even If I saw them there, but yeah.

The whole thing feels like a pinata on a timer, get as many kills as you can and receive the goodies, the hard part is getting the shards, not the conflict itself. I did find my solo target deeps lacking there though, while ED is not exactly great for boss killing, I had around half a mil dps (give or take) and only once I managed to kill the bosses twice (while my average is about 1.5 rounds per conflict), so if your build sucks for solo T, better bring a friend.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, so I did the realm:
tn_1235245586270.jpg

Probably make more cash from vaults of atziri...

Last edited:
Yeah you need to really get at least 5 full rounds in order to get something worthwhile, I think my net was about 0 if not negative on average, considering the time/price of shards.

I did get a random streak of about 5 exalts worth of drops in a span of an hour to compensate tho.

:mca:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Yeah you need to really get at least 5 full rounds in order to get something worthwhile, I think my net was about 0 if not negative on average, considering the time/price of shards.

I did get a random streak of about 5 exalts worth of drops in a span of an hour to compensate tho.

:mca:
I mean shit, people complained about incursion not having enough stuff in lategame, but this is nothing. The same encounter as any obelisk, only the boss is guaranteed and the mob density is about a third.

I'm just going to dump all my shards on the market from now on. And go and die to a red map or something.

I'm just going to dump all my shards on the market from now on. And go and die to a red map or something.

From what I can tell most of the upper management is pretty far removed from the game (like almost any other relatively big project, unfortunately) and in order to mitigate that they go for a swingy approach as far as content development is concerned, either you get a hugely convoluted and poorly thought out mess like Synthesis, or something as simple and straightforward as Legion, there's no middle ground really. Same with balancing changes and pretty much everything else.

Which keeps things fresh both for players and devs, and in all likelihood is the best available option anyway considering the time constraints the put themselves into. Can be annoying for long time players or someone who's looking for something more substantial and well planned though, but what can you do.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron

From what I can tell most of the upper management is pretty far removed from the game (like almost any other relatively big project, unfortunately) and in order to mitigate that they go for a swingy approach as far as content development is concerned, either you get a hugely convoluted and poorly thought out mess like Synthesis, or something as simple and straightforward as Legion, there's no middle ground really. Same with balancing changes and pretty much everything else.

Which keeps things fresh both for players and devs, and in all likelihood is the best available option anyway considering the time constraints the put themselves into. Can be annoying for long time players or someone who's looking for something more substantial and well planned though, but what can you do.
It is a bit sad to me though, because I think incursion hit it just right (temple, especially lategame could be more worthwhile but otherwise). Legion is too simple, betrayal and synthesis way too involved. There's traces of that fuckery in legion too, with the 50 different reward icons but at least you can mostly ignore what the icon is and just go for it on the basis that it's something.

T. Reich

Arcane
Personally, I really liked the Betrayal league, bar the most obvious flaws.
The main reason for that is that the player's involvement into the mechaics would scale directly with rewards.
You could just treat betrayal encounters in maps as extra kills with loot and get some extra minimal loot.
You could go ham and farm the shit out of masters with "optimal" placements and get mad $$$ from the safehouse runs.
Or you could forget most of that "cheatsheet" bullshit, memorise some of the more profitable choices and pick them when the game presents them to you. This way you still get decent rewards from the safehouses, but you would spend minimal time interacting with the investigation board, because who needs that shit in their lives lol.

I also loved Incursion - it was my favourite of all the "nu-master" leagues.
The high-tier (t13+) temples had really good loot.
But I suppose that was all to it - phat loot.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Personally, I really liked the Betrayal league, bar the most obvious flaws.
I got really butthurt about betrayal when I got killed by a t6 encounter without even understanding what happened, despite running both enfeeble and temp chains with 80% inc curse effect :(

I kinda dislike in general when regular enemies (and betrayal was entirely regular) have more hp and damage than act bosses.

On the plus side, with all the whining about trading right now, ggg might actually do something about it.

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah betreyal is still not fixed.

Green walls
Green effects
Green enemies
Green fog

And your own bilion effects.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
How does the game decide what maps you get from selling to vendor?
Just sold 6 mud flats (worst map), and got two different t7s back.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
It's only maps that are connected to it. Used to be that if a t6 was connected to 2 T7s, you would only get one of those via the 3:1 recipe and the other had to be dropped. Now the recipe works for all of the connected maps of the higher tier, and alternates between those.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom