Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
There is no level scaling in D:OS outside the crafting system.
I meant the level scaling of items.

Yeah, if you don't like the game in the first place you won't enjoy co-oping it. Shocker.
Paradoxically, yes. D:OS2 is not a game I would play in SP - nothing about it is engaging or enjoyable - plot, writing, characters, mechanics. But for goofing around with friends who alleviate the possibility that I would pay much attention to the game's shittyness, it's good enough.

I feel like there are better games to play with friends that don't take a bajillion hours, retarded mechanics and oceans of shitty pixel ink to shovel through. After we put down D:OS1, we played through Rayman Origins and it was a blast.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The biggest issue to me is, Mearls and WotC are primarily marketing D&D tabletop products to people who pay 100 dollars for art commissions such as this:

ZHo0IMV.jpg

Looking at various Facebook, forum and reddit D&D 5E communities over the last 3-4 years, D&D 5E the tabletop game seems to be primarily used as a medium for the queers, socially challenged and the furries to live out their fantasies. It no longer has anything to do with what IE games were about in spirit and tone, nor with the tone that even most current 5E modules try to set. If WotC pushes Larian towards designing a "diverse" fantasy toolkit for weebs and furries, things may turn out a lot worse than the popamole game many of you fear.
"I will bring myself sexual pleasure later, while thinking about this with great respect."

Lacrymas

Arcane
Whatever it is they are doing isn't for anyone who is self-respecting, it doesn't have anything to do with the queers. As it happens, many LGBTs who are into video games don't have even a modicum of dignity, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I remember, a few months ago, when reading "Goblin Slayer" one of the characters asked a priestess "How many heals do you have left to cast?" or something along those lines. And then it dawned on me: never in my life, whether playing PnP or a video game, has one character asked such a thing to another, even though it should be absolutely logical and natural. Someone like Edwin would not boast "I am a powerful mage." but simply state "I can cast 9th level spells twice a day." HE HIMSELF knows that, so why not share such information, especially for someone so arrogant? Because it would feel too "gamey", too mechanical in nature.
they also don't describe needing a 16 on a 20 sided dice to hit a orc wearing banded mail and that their bastard sword does 1d10 dmg if used with one hand or 1d12 if used with 2. Should D&D just do away with dice then?

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The biggest issue to me is, Mearls and WotC are primarily marketing D&D tabletop products to people who pay 100 dollars for art commissions such as this:

ZHo0IMV.jpg

Looking at various Facebook, forum and reddit D&D 5E communities over the last 3-4 years, D&D 5E the tabletop game seems to be primarily used as a medium for the queers, socially challenged and the furries to live out their fantasies. It no longer has anything to do with what IE games were about in spirit and tone, nor with the tone that even most current 5E modules try to set. If WotC pushes Larian towards designing a "diverse" fantasy toolkit for weebs and furries, things may turn out a lot worse than the popamole game many of you fear.

On a scale of 0>10 with P:K sitting comfortably at about a 2 (where they obviously hit the inclusion and diversity quota, but I couldn't really give a shit) and a 8 or so - which I would rate SOD...where do you currently consider WOTC to be?. I haven't really been paying attention these past years. I still read R.A. Salvatore (for old time's sake, BG got me into it) and I just skipped the bit where Cattie Brie comes back as a bedwin; but I noticed some periphery stuff around the edges from Salvatore. Like what if Cattie Brie came back as a dude, maybe Orcs arn't all that bad, maybe a town or two and a buch of kids are worth sacrificing for 'muh enrichment', all that shit...

Lacrymas

Arcane
You don't need to say they are whatever level, that's obviously gamey, but you can have other categorization to differentiate between power levels. Novice, Apprentice, Journeyman, Acolyte, Magician, Archmage, etc.

Curratum

On a scale of 0>10 with P:K sitting comfortably at about a 2 (where they obviously hit the inclusion and diversity quota, but I couldn't really give a shit) and a 8 or so - which I would rate SOD...where do you currently consider WOTC to be?. I haven't really been paying attention these past years. I still read R.A. Salvatore (for old time's sake, BG got me into it) and I just skipped the bit where Cattie Brie comes back as a bedwin; but I noticed some periphery stuff around the edges from Salvatore. Like what if Cattie Brie came back as a dude, maybe Orcs arn't all that bad, maybe a town or two and a buch of kids are worth sacrificing for 'muh enrichment', all that shit...

I'd say SoD is a tame 5/10 and WotC know that the majority of their tabletop audience is all about that 9/10, which is basically the people who never played D&D before or were ever interested in RPGs but bought Volo's GTM just so they can roleplay a gender nonconforming tabaxi warlock who constantly makes lewd allusions to getting raped by their tentacled patron.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"How would RTwP work in multiplayer? It would be a clusterfuck. Does Larian want a clusterfuck? No."

ARE YOU RETARTET?

RTwP works perfectly in multiplayer. HOLY FUKKSAKES.

Sentinel

Arcane
"How would RTwP work in multiplayer? It would be a clusterfuck. Does Larian want a clusterfuck? No."

ARE YOU RETARTET?

Unless they turn it into an ASSFAGGOTS twitch shooter where each class has 4-5 abilities I don't see how RtWP works in MP.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

ARE YOU RETARTET?

Unless they turn it into an ASSFAGGOTS twitch shooter where each class has 4-5 abilities I don't see how RtWP works in MP.
Co-Op ,every dude is playing his own character.

Lacrymas

Arcane
It depends on the definition of "works". But it's obviously not going to be RTwP, it's too clunky in multiplayer either way.

Generic-Giant-Spider

ZHo0IMV.jpg

"Paint me like one of your twinks."

That picture in a nutshell.

Fairfax

Arcane
Why won't WotC just do what LucasArts (pre-Disney) did? Hire an ultra-nerd with encyclopedic knowledge of every single piece of lore to serve as a "lore checker" of every product before it is released, so as not to collide with pre-established lore/be complete nonsense.
Because WotC killed their FR book line a couple of years ago, and very few people in the world still care that much about FR lore. The Spellplague was the ultimate reminder that anything in the setting could get wrecked to serve a new product, and fans reacted accordingly. WotC created the Sundering, made FR the default D&D setting for the first time, and retconned/ignored a lot of things for 5E, but the damage had been done. Good riddance.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
Two questions:

1) Will BG3 have FUCKING romances?

2) Who the fuck is Lilura? I heard something about a blog and being butthurt about it

Melcar

Arcane
Two questions:

1) Will BG3 have FUCKING romances?

2) Who the fuck is Lilura? I heard something about a blog and being butthurt about it

1) Very likely. In fact, it will probably be the whole game.
2) A very hot trans woman that promised nudes if we gave her blog over a million views. Burning 6 million Jews is a far easier task.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Oh boy... Don't you dare fuck this up, Sven.

More importantly, did Sven really want to make a BG game in the first place? It doesn't seem like his style, especially nowadays.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom