Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Ha...I just noticed in the poster "Style over substance" that the car has 2 front wheels, which have no actual use and are there just because "style"

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
And yeah they removed childhood heroes.

Decline.
They apparently also removed multiple apartments and apartment and car customization?
https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/customization-in-cyberpunk-2077-apartment-koerper,3345372.html
"V wird nur ein Apartment haben und auch dort bleiben. [...] Du hast eine Wohnung und kannst verschiedene Fahrzeuge in deine Garage stellen. Aber es gibt leider keine Möglichkeit, deine Wohnung zu dekorieren."
"V will only have one apartment and remain there. [...] You have one home and can place different vehicles in your garage. But there is unfortunately no possibility to decorate your home."

They seem to be going around reevaluating and slashing features ahead of release in order to get it shipped on time.

Last edited:

RickOmbo

Learned
Nice work CDPR! Now everyone will remember your game as "that game with Keanu Revees".

Also, can't wait to be lectured by Johnny Silverhand on why corporations are evil on my "corporate" playthrough.

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Two different cultures. Style over substance and Necessity over style

D9B-6BuWkAEDyut.jpg

So adding color till brain aneurysm = style?

Keppo

Arbiter
Nice work CDPR! Now everyone will remember your game as "that game with Keanu Revees".

Also, can't wait to be lectured by Johnny Silverhand on why corporations are evil on my "corporate" playthrough.

the dynamic could be interesting, going against what he wants us to do, because he obviously will push us against the corporations, and im curious if taking corpo lifepath will change how he sees us.

So adding color till brain aneurysm = style?

I watched interview where one dev talked about it, they developed few different art styles to differentiate the social groups and dictricts; kitsch (the image above), entropy, neomillitarism and glamour.

RickOmbo

Learned

the dynamic could be interesting, going against what he wants us to do, because he obviously will push us against the corporations, and im curious if taking corpo lifepath will change how he sees us.
I'm sure, in that case Johnny will start preaching to V. The only hope is that Keanu is playing several childhood heroes.

Imagine an RPG where you have only one companion and he is biased af.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
Any features cut now will certainly make it back with the enhanced edition that will launch with the next Gen of consoles.

Wasn't case with Witcher 3, doubt will be case here also. Doubt is all I have for this game now...

They'd have to release an enhanced edition once they port it to next-gen consoles. Tho who knows, they weren't very confident on the release date, it could easily be delayed to an eventual cross-gen release...

Zer0wing

Cipher
Why would you waste manpower of your studio on implementing tranies? Aren't there modders for it?
There's no mod support yet (and never will be, mark my words). If there was, there wouldn't be much of a reason to whine about cut features such as true to the original rpg system, customization of characters belongings or different apartments. Or having a necessity to cater to dilaters. They'd do it themselves.

Why would you waste manpower of your studio on implementing tranies? Aren't there modders for it?
There's no mod support yet (and never will be, mark my words). If there was, there wouldn't be much of a reason to whine about cut features such as true to the original rpg system, customization of characters belongings or different apartments. Or having a necessity to cater to dilaters. They'd do it themselves.
i saw some community made modding tools last week
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...sh-modding-tools-for-quest-creation.11002885/
they seem pretty basic but same engine, so there might be overlap

Kem0sabe

Arcane
They'd have to release an enhanced edition once they port it to next-gen consoles. Tho who knows, they weren't very confident on the release date, it could easily be delayed to an eventual cross-gen release...
Them shinny new consoles are set for holidays 2020 I figure. That's a big delay.

deuxhero

Arcane
I'm sure, in that case Johnny will start preaching to V. The only hope is that Keanu is playing several childhood heroes.

Arcanum technically. Vergil is really the only follower with anything to say once they start following you. He has some very set in allegiances and opinions. Aside from Magnus (whose quest is opaque as hell and doesn't do anything when completed) he's the only one with a quest that's not just becoming your follower after helping them.

I suppose you could also say Dawnguard, but Skyrim's hardly an RPG

RickOmbo

Learned

Arcanum technically. Vergil is really the only follower with anything to say once they start following you. He has some very set in allegiances and opinions. Aside from Magnus (whose quest is opaque as hell and doesn't do anything when completed) he's the only one with a quest that's not just becoming your follower after helping them.

I suppose you could also say Dawnguard, but Skyrim's hardly an RPG
Karma-wise, Vergil is a blank slate. And you can kill him. I seriously doubt that CDPR will allow to get rid of Keanu.

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom