Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Kaivokz

Arcane
Floor 35 onwards has been nothing but Greater Autumn Golems and Skillfully Made Gold Golems. I never thought I would see a monster distribution that would make me want to fight the wild hunt again. I expect my eventual death will be to an unlucky roll on prismatic spray from the gold golems.
Did you get the message that you have to retire your character to get more bosses to spawn? Or are you playing in the main campaign?

Sharpedge

Prophet
Floor 35 onwards has been nothing but Greater Autumn Golems and Skillfully Made Gold Golems. I never thought I would see a monster distribution that would make me want to fight the wild hunt again. I expect my eventual death will be to an unlucky roll on prismatic spray from the gold golems.
Did you get the message that you have to retire your character to get more bosses to spawn? Or are you playing in the main campaign?
I didn't notice that though, I will retire it then. I am not playing the main campaign and since I am on floor 51, if I need to retire it to get another 1 to spawn, then I shall do so.

Kaivokz

Arcane
I didn't notice that though, I will retire it then. I am not playing the main campaign and since I am on floor 51, if I need to retire it to get another 1 to spawn, then I shall do so.
Yeah, you got the achievements already. When you reset, the shops get new (and more?) inventory, and you get to pick a boon based on how many floors you cleared. eg I could have picked: all your characters get +2 to hit, main character gets +3AC, a random belt from level 28, or something else that I don’t remember.

I don’t know what happens when you beat all four bosses, but the way I understood it was that they are 10 floors deeper each time. Whether or not a fifth boss or something opens up after that, I’m not sure.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Yeah, you got the achievements already. When you reset, the shops get new (and more?) inventory, and you get to pick a boon based on how many floors you cleared. eg I could have picked: all your characters get +2 to hit, main character gets +3AC, a random belt from level 28, or something else that I don’t remember.

I don’t know what happens when you beat all four bosses, but the way I understood it was that they are 10 floors deeper each time. Whether or not a fifth boss or something opens up after that, I’m not sure.
As I progressed that character I randomly encountered first world portals which it wouldn't let me enter due to, "not having dealt with the evil." I assume these lead to the final boss and you need to kill the first 4 before you can enter. I could start with a random set of bracers from floor 48, 153% more xp or 168k gold.

This time I will play with a melee combat druid, with no animal companion. Should be fun.

Codex Year of the Donut
how do I win the drunken melee as a wizard

honestly really stupid that the other nations get to pick a champion to represent them and I have to use my main character

Codex Year of the Donut
TB combat mod update
  • Version 0.9.13
    • Adjusted settings UI
    • Added a custom hotkey to toggle turn-based mode
    • Added an option to speed up the animation of full round spell
    • Added a "Camera Lock On Current Non-Player Unit" option
    • Changed flanking do not consider opponents' command anymore
    • Changed camera lock will not work when the game is paused
    • Fixed some scripted event animations are skiped during TB combat (e.g. Amiri rushes into the combat in the boss fight of the prologue)
    • Fixed when there are no enemies in sight, but there are still enemies outside of the sight, the combat will end instantly
    • Fixed when two units can start their turn at the same time, the order list will confuse

ArchAngel

Arcane
Dragonform III (I and II aren't that good)
is there any downside to using this?
I assumed it would lock out spell casting but it doesn't
You can't open your inventory or use consumables while in dragon form and dragons have horrible pathfinding so you need to do a lot of walking management. Other than that, no.
That is a big downside for casters. Using rods is how casters keep up with rogues and similar characters in later levels.

Yosharian

Arcane
You can't open your inventory or use consumables while in dragon form and dragons have horrible pathfinding so you need to do a lot of walking management. Other than that, no.
That is a big downside for casters. Using rods is how casters keep up with rogues and similar characters in later levels.
Rods? Which rods?

Codex Year of the Donut
Rods? Which rods?
..all of them?
metamagic rods are amazing

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
loading times are getting unbearable :negative:

It is all about how much suffering you can endure before giving up and upgrading your PC. To run isometric RPGs with stable 60fps and fast loading times nowdays you need a system well beyond usual "Skyrim/Fallout 4/Far Cry in full HD on high".

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
loading times are getting unbearable :negative:

It is all about how much suffering you can endure before giving up and upgrading your PC. To run isometric RPGs with stable 60fps and fast loading times nowdays you need a system well beyond usual "Skyrim/Fallout 4/Far Cry in full HD on high".
This is the computer I use for compiling projects while telecommuting, it has a threadripper and the game is on a SSD :lol:

Daidre

Arcane
Well, unity hates CPUs with big thread counts and low core clocks. And with Threadrippers infamous memory latency problems with Infinity Fabric you'd be better off trying to play P:K on 5-year old i5.

Codex Year of the Donut
reward for beating ilthuliak is kinda meh, already had +8 primary attribute items for my two melee
beat him on unfair before unlocking pitax though

Daidre

Arcane
I liked 1000BP in his gold heap more than any artifacts in his loot, beside the belt)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom