Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
but you can't immerse yourself as a space vending machine repairman in no man's sky

Santander02

Arcane
Is the ending/main objective of this game still reaching the galaxy's center that catapults you to another galaxy to do and find the extact same stuff as the previous one ad infinitum?

lefthandblack

Arcane
This is on sale 50% off - is it worth getting or still mostly crap?

I bought it for 50% off after the release flop. I didn't regret spending it then and the game has only improved. It takes about 15-20 hours before it gets boring and samey but bear in mind that I've restarted it after every major patch save the last couple, so my samey tolerance will be lower than a new player. I probably won't play it again until it's "done".

ortucis

Prophet
The problem with this game still is that there is no point to doing any of this shit.

Why the fuck would I create a base when the whole goal is to explore randomly generated planets with generic random fauna? Why would you explore under-water when exploration above water is boring as fuck? Why the hell are you getting massive cruisers gifted by random aliens (ie., for free) just cause you flew into their base without thinking?

The retarded fish people who you deal with for majority of the time have a personality of a boulder. There is no point to anything. I think the bigger question is still "who am I? why am I here?", since this game is created by retards who managed to somehow make "space exploration" boring.

And they haven't spent a single patch fixing and exploring the story. It's still some random stupid shit that tries to be all mysterious and cool, but it ain't. It's like Pillars of Eternity, in space.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I just wish the entire fucking galaxy wasn't already colonised. Every planet has the same fucking buildings. No fun finding some nice looking planet that already has the same shitty buildings scattered over it every few miles.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I just wish the entire fucking galaxy wasn't already colonised. Every planet has the same fucking buildings. No fun finding some nice looking planet that already has the same shitty buildings scattered over it every few miles.

The thing that finally killed it for me was standing on a barren desolate planet with some cool eerie wind sound effects, thinking hey this is kind of nice LV426 atmosphere. I am all alone in a vast empty universe, neat! And then those same fucking NPC ships do a fly by that they do every 5 minutes on a loop on every single planet...

:rage:

And they haven't spent a single patch fixing and exploring the story. It's still some random stupid shit that tries to be all mysterious and cool, but it ain't. It's like Pillars of Eternity, in space.

Its indie game development 101, try and make something with a "deep and meaningful message" or lots of 4th wall breaking like that POS Undertale, because all these hacks did a philosophy side class at uni and want to make their game into an "art piece".

Though to be fair they did actually expand the story in a patch, but its still the exact same "woah man its all a simulation, to deep for you" bullshit.

ortucis

Prophet

The thing that finally killed it for me was standing on a barren desolate planet with some cool eerie wind sound effects, thinking hey this is kind of nice LV426 atmosphere. I am all alone in a vast empty universe, neat! And then those same fucking NPC ships do a fly by that they do every 5 minutes on a loop on every single planet...

:rage:

Its indie game development 101, try and make something with a "deep and meaningful message" or lots of 4th wall breaking like that POS Undertale, because all these hacks did a philosophy side class at uni and want to make their game into an "art piece".

Though to be fair they did actually expand the story in a patch, but its still the exact same "woah man its all a simulation, to deep for you" bullshit.

Oh dear god those fucking robots. Some idiot thought it was a good idea to make them constantly buzz around player. Actually you know what? They intentionally did it. Those fucking things intentionally come right in front of you while you're doing something so they'll get attacked accidentally and waste player time (and good luck escaping bigger sentinels if you fail to get rid of smaller one fast) since the game itself has no fucking challenge. I have never encountered a hostile species.. unless you count the robots. So the developers threw in these annoying fucking robots to intentionally add hostile NPC's.

And I agree with DDZ. The whole point of the game is "discovering" galaxies and planets which have "never been discovered before".. except for the alien fucking species which left old architecture on every fucking planet you come across. Seriously, think about it for a second. This alien race was apparently present in EVERY PLANET & GALAXY out there. That must be one hell of a fucking... oh wait, those retarded fish people you constantly talk to are also present everywhere. So basically, you play as a nobody, who goes around claiming shit that has already been discovered.

That's right, you're playing as Columbus.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
They are not giving up, No Man's Sky is becoming a MMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ILqZ9mI2Oo

"No Man's Sky Beyond Online includes a radical new social and multiplayer experience which empowers players everywhere in the universe to meet and play together," Hello Games wrote in a release. "Whilst this brings people together like never before, and has many recognizable online elements, it won't require a subscription, won’t contain microtransactions, and will be free for all existing players."

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Hello Everyone,

We know that there is a lot of hunger out there for news and updates on No Man’s Sky. We wanted to share some information from behind the scenes.

Our next chapter will be called No Man’s Sky: Beyond, coming Summer 2019.

Each chapter for No Man’s Sky has been more successful than the last. Thanks to our community, NEXT our large release last year was especially so. It went on to bring enjoyment to millions of new players, and it helped to change the legacy of this game we care so much about.

Earlier this year, whilst working on our roadmap of three future updates, we decided we wanted to interweave their features, and had a vision for something much more impactful.

We are excited to announce that Beyond will contain those three major updates rolled into one larger free release.

The first component of Beyond we are announcing today is No Man’s Sky Online.

These changes are an answer to how we have seen people playing since the release of NEXT, and is something we’ve dreamed of for a long time.

We will talk more about each component when we know we can be precise, and look forward to sharing more in the coming weeks.

Beyond will be our most ambitious chapter so far, and something we’ve been working ridiculously hard on. We’ll continue to support No Man’s Sky in this way for the foreseeable future.

It’s unexpected but so rewarding to see so many accolades and nominations for No Man’s Sky as Best On-going or Most Evolved this year. To some NEXT may have felt like a natural end-point for our journey, but for us it was another step on a longer voyage.

Thank you so much, Sean

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
fans purchased a billboard

jtqasa657h431.png

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
On a whim I... acquired... this to see how far they've come after all this time. The fundamentals are still fucking retarded. What kind of absolute moron thinks it's a good idea to throw a player on a random planet, expose him to a deadly atmosphere and then make the availability of chemicals for protection based on the RNG? :hahano:

Curratum

Whatever you do, don't play survival. Creative can be fun for a few hours, just zipping about from system to system and seeing some sights.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Yea no, I'm already done with the game. This piece of shit is broken on both a conceptual and mechanical level. Apparently the latest update actually completely tanked the performance on AMD cards as well. This is Starbound writ large: A space game made by ideas guys and artists with not a single competent programmer or game designer on the team. It's worse than fucking Elite Dangerous for crying out loud.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom