Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Things are looking up, eh?

It kinda snuck up on me, but this is the first E3 in a very long time where there were multiple games/RPGs I was interested in.

Cyberpunk 2077
The Outer Worlds
Bloodlines 2
Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
Baldur's Gate 3
Elden Ring
Kingdom Come 2
ELEX 2
Realms Beyond
Stoneshard
Sui Generis

Wunderbar

Arcane
decline.png

Neanderthal

Arcane
No, hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

There is the Emperor, there is the Codex, and the mad laughter of the ever thirsting gods of decline. To embrace ought else is folly.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Only truly excited for Kingdom Come 2 since I have confidence it'll be a good sequel.

BG3 has nothing much known yet and from what very little we do know, it could be a shitshow. If it ends up looking more promising, I'll be very excited but right now I'm tempering my expectations considering it's Larian and the new generation of D&Ders are Vox Machina gibberlings that roll dice to check something off their geek card, not because they are truly about that life.

Bloodlines 2 is probably going to have a lot of gay shit in it to be "socially relevant" and who knows how good it'll play. If there's no Nosferatu then I'm disappointed to the point of not caring.

Cyberpunk is whatever to me at this point.

I honestly feel like Cybperbunk 2077 has a fairly good chance of becoming the largest disappointment/dumpster fire since Fallout76. Ok, perhaps not as shitty as bethesda, but it seems everyone (me included) is 100% hyped that CDPR will deliver on an experience they've never done in the past. The physics of the driving needs more work, gun play looks like something straight outta Borderlands 2 (from last year's E3), and we don't really know how they'll handle stealth.

To my knowledge, they never developed stealth mechanics for their games(?) (never played any of the Witcher games).

Drakortha

Liturgist
I agree with the poster above about Cyberpunk 2077. They had no gameplay to show at all, only more expensive cutscenes. Then to make up for it, they paid a hollywood actor to save the stage - effectively bribing the lemming brained gaming public to turn the other cheek. Game might be a complete shit show for all we know BUT ITS GOT KEANU! Yeah right.. like hollywood in it's sad state could actually bring anything good to the table for games.

From little I saw from E3 (because who has the time?), I think the Outer Worlds has the best chance. Gameplay was actually shown in-depth and the developers had no issue talking about their game in detail. The competitions didn't really come close to that much confidence in their game.

Vampire game seemed very vague in showing just quick cuts in a trailer. No actual gameplay shown or any of the systems. So, best to temper any excitement on that one.

Only truly excited for Kingdom Come 2 since I have confidence it'll be a good sequel.

BG3 has nothing much known yet and from what very little we do know, it could be a shitshow. If it ends up looking more promising, I'll be very excited but right now I'm tempering my expectations considering it's Larian and the new generation of D&Ders are Vox Machina gibberlings that roll dice to check something off their geek card, not because they are truly about that life.

Bloodlines 2 is probably going to have a lot of gay shit in it to be "socially relevant" and who knows how good it'll play. If there's no Nosferatu then I'm disappointed to the point of not caring.

Cyberpunk is whatever to me at this point.

KC2 does indeed excite. KC was intriguing, if a bit unfocused. Having a big pile of money and confidence in their craft might produce an actual complete game in KC2. I just hope they don't go overboard in the detail and open world department (again). The best parts were the realism and the setting. If they get the combat system easier to control yet resist streamlining it into some awful dodge-roll shit I will be happy. KC was at it's best when you could really feel the progression of fucking FULL PLATE and PACKING STEEL. Maybe I just sucked, but I thought the combat was just too hard to control.

Drowed

Arcane
I honestly feel like Cybperbunk 2077 has a fairly good chance of becoming the largest disappointment/dumpster fire since Fallout76. Ok, perhaps not as shitty as bethesda, but it seems everyone (me included) is 100% hyped that CDPR will deliver on an experience they've never done in the past.
I agree with the poster above about Cyberpunk 2077. They had no gameplay to show at all, only more expensive cutscenes.

I believe that you guys are overestimating the level of exigency of the general public. If the game has a sufficiently satisfactory visuals and quests that, for the average user, give the impression of depth, most likely will be one of the biggest successes of 2020.

The CD Projekt Red games may have several flaws, but nowdays they are very good at creating hype and at releasing games with a sufficient level of polish (lol). It can be as shallow as a puddle, but it can reflect the sky as a crystal clear puddle at least. It's the perfect example of MC Donalds games: absurdly easy to buy and consume, it brings "instantaneous satisfaction" but with dubious nutritional value. Witcher 3 is a perfect successor to the games that Bethesda made in the past, with the difference that the characters created by CDPR don't look like stupid old boards and the quests actually sound more interesting (even if it's just appearance in some cases). And now they're going for a FPS, which can be considered as the most far-reaching game genre in the market.

I honestly can't see this game failing. It probably (I would even say obviously) won't be as amazing as what CDPR tries to sell it as. No doubt, it won't be a good game by Codex standards. But a success? That I don't have the slightest doubt about. It will explode.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
It kinda snuck up on me, but this is the first E3 in a very long time where there were multiple games/RPGs I was interested in.

Cyberpunk 2077
The Outer Worlds
Bloodlines 2
Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
Baldur's Gate 3
Elden Ring
Kingdom Come 2
ELEX 2
Realms Beyond
Stoneshard
Sui Generis

Mostly action crap for the Skyrim worshippers.

S.torch

Arbiter
Why are gameplayfags obsessed with games not having wacky and outdated systems from the arcade era? everything that is real time action is bad for them, is time to git gud already

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Remember when people thought things were looking up during the Kickstarter phase? That was when the developers had a proven track record, and they were mostly making sequels to their own previous properties that were wank-worthy to every self respecting grognard over 30. Now, of the 3 main titles I'm interested in, only Bloodlines 2 is being partly developed by Brian Mitsoda (and he's got Swedish SJWs breathing down his neck), I don't even know if Cyberpunk is gonna be an RPG, and BG3 might be Faerun: Shadows of Baldurs Gate.

The only thing that might get me a boner for these three games at this point, is if they announced they were adding mod support - at least then I'd get the nude mods. :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom