Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Zer0wing

Cipher
The fuck are you talking about retard?! Those except english are all the same language. I just came from excursion in those countries and had no problem speaking Bulgarian. All the Slav languages are extremely similar,it is like me arguing that i know 10 languages. Come back when you know mongolian.....fucking kebab!
Ahem, slavic languages, without vodka influence, are as similar as romanic languages between themselves. Which means - not really. Americans can't say they also know british english, french, german, italian. Not as well as spanish at least.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The fuck are you talking about retard?! Those except english are all the same language. I just came from excursion in those countries and had no problem speaking Bulgarian. All the Slav languages are extremely similar,it is like me arguing that i know 10 languages. Come back when you know mongolian.....fucking kebab!
Ahem, slavic languages, without vodka influence, are as similar as romanic languages between themselves. Which means - not really. Americans can't say they also know british english, french, german, italian. Not as well as spanish at least.
:hmmm:
Hmmm not really,i have been in most of Slav countries and didn't have problem speaking with them. They are different but in a month time you could learn to talk them on very good level. They do have a lot of similar words that have the same meaning. I also didn't had problem with the reading it. Your analogy is flawed,they may have the same alphabetic roots,doesn't mean that they are in the same cultural group and have the same language. Romanic languages in themself are very different even if they have a few common words. Slav languages are like say the german ones,there is a difference between Saxonian,Bavarian,Austrian and swamp german bit they still understand each other. Germany,Austria,Holland,Switzerland etc etc have very similar languages but not identical,same with slav people.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am C1-fluent in both Polish and Russian. I'd say that they are much more similar to each other than, say, German and Dutch. Or French and Spanish.
Oh yeah,the closer they are to each other the closer is the language. German and dutch are like Polish and Croatian. You still could understand most of it but you have to try harder ;).

Viata

Arcane
Damn, niggas. If you guys only know the same kind of languages, what is the point feel superior to Americans?
Besides, learning a new language is pretty fucking easy if you are not American, so there is not reason to feel superior at doing easy stuffs.
Also, if the number of languages you can read are below the numbers of fingers you have(deformed people do not apply) and the ones you are fluent at are below the numbers of fingers in one hand, you are at American level. Even niggers in Africa can speak more languages than you.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I am C1-fluent in both Polish and Russian. I'd say that they are much more similar to each other than, say, German and Dutch. Or French and Spanish.

Sure, but as a spanish speaker, I have no issues making myself understood in France or Italy. Other than the french accents/pronunciation, there's still a ton of crossover.

americans are subhuman and thus subject to lower standards so being a non american and speaking native language + english makes you about equal to an american

you need at least 3 or more languages AT FULL FLUENCY to be able to look down at american monolingcels

To look down on Americans I just need to either not be a complete idiot or not be fat.
Being both, not an idiot and not fat is an overkill in this case.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Geez. I didn't see this part of the UI before, is this old?

spZVW4w.jpg
Everything you can interact with is covered up by a huge PAY ATTENTION TO THIS DOT? Why have graphics at all if I can only look at the stuff I can't interact with? God I hope we can turn this crap off.

Wunderbar

Arcane

Everything you can interact with is covered up by a huge PAY ATTENTION TO THIS DOT? Why have graphics at all if I can only look at the stuff I can't interact with? God I hope we can turn this crap off.
Maybe high inspection skill?
I'm being fabulously optimistic, the ui is probably always like that.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh yeah ... speaking of UI stuff Wesp5 ... I see there is crouching in the game, you might find out whether or not it has to be a fucking toggle. Hold to crouch option please! Not all of us play PC games with a goddamn controller!

HansDampf

Arcane
I prefer my imaginary version of the game that had formed out of the bullet point checklist back in March.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
RPS's Bloodlines 2 video:

In this one the player actually manages to successfully deliver the data.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Is this the same demo journos and presumably Wesp5 saw previously after games announcement or a completely new one?

Viata

Arcane
Damn, I'd avoid any fight and climbing/jumping stuffs if that makes the camera changes to 3rd person every fucking time. See, another reason to play as Nosferatus. But no, they had to remove it.

Viata

Arcane
Maybe high inspection skill?
I'm being fabulously optimistic, the ui is probably always like that.

11:05 in this video.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

I feel the same though statistically it seems there are less words in common between Polish and Russian than German and Dutch for example. I never really understood this unless there's a bunch of old Slavonic words counted that neither country uses daily which skews the stats. I for one can easily work out the bulk of a Russian speech and their issue with Polish tends to be more based on the speed of talking(just like written Russian is an extra hurdle for me due to first transcribing the Cyrillic into Latin script in my brain, before translating. I'm sure as I get better it will be automatic and I'll 'see' Cyrillic as natural).

I prefer Russian to Polish, less 'sz' and 'cz' sounds that assault the ears.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy

RPS retard:
RPS retard said:
While this demo has some rough edges I think it is a lot more attractive than previous game which is known for its janky rough edges.
No you retard, it's not even close. And VTMB being bugged is taken way out of proportions, official patch 1.2 squashed all major bugs (that's the version I've played first in 2006 or 2007 and had no issues, completed the game without any incident but it was on Win XP then). Also, suggesting that alpha demo is better than a full game is doubly retarded (considering the games in question).

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd say Jeannette and VV are more seductive than this green-haired chick, if that's who they are trying to emulate with her. Not only are their voices more erotic, the camera is closer to their faces, making for a more intimate conversation. The green-haired chick is stand-offish by comparison. VV could get me to do anything for her, this chick can't even convince me to take out the trash.

Last edited:

Herumor

Scholar
Have they ever said anything about the status of the player in these demo showings? I ask because there's clearly non-thinblood powers on display here, yet they (Mitsoda, I think) did say this was just one part of the 1/3rd of the game itself. So how would the PC even have access to these powers? Just dev console stuff to show off shit?

RPS retard:
RPS retard said:
While this demo has some rough edges I think it is a lot more attractive than previous game which is known for its janky rough edges.
No you retard, it's not even close. And VTMB being bugged is taken way out of proportions, official patch 1.2 squashed all major bugs (that's the version I've played first in 2006 or 2007 and had no issues, completed the game without any incident but it was on Win XP then). Also, suggesting that alpha demo is better than a full game is doubly retarded (considering the games in question).
Most of the "journalists" they showed the game to haven't played Bloodlines and it's glaringly obvious.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Have they ever said anything about the status of the player in these demo showings? I ask because there's clearly non-thinblood powers on display here, yet they (Mitsoda, I think) did say this was just one part of the 1/3rd of the game itself. So how would the PC even have access to these powers? Just dev console stuff to show off shit?

Thin-bloods can either mimic other discipline powers or create their own through alchemy, but they need to imbibe the mixture somehow. They can also drink blood with special resonance to temporarily get the ability to "innately" use disciplines. There are also Inceptors, thin-bloods who can create entirely new disciplines, but those are rare and I'm pretty sure the PC isn't one of those, since they can choose between Chiropteran, Nebulation and Mentalism at the start. Meaning they aren't sticking to the rules.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
I've just watched the end of this demo and I can't stop laughing. This is beyond ridiculous, we're thinbloods and yet we can already strong-arm someone who's supposed to be more powerful. As it turns out no matter the result she turns out to be a total pussy. WTF would someone like that give us a quest when she can't even prevent from being spat in the face? When we don't deliver she only gives a warning and when we ask for more money she just does it without question :D :D :D.

"Pay me or I'll keep it".

How about instead
"OK, if you wanna do it this way"
and game over, we're dead dead (not even in torpor)?

And her reaction is just hilarious, after being spat in the face she just says "mhmm, I like it, hope we will meet again" (I'm paraphrasing but that's accurate depiction of what transpired, she just accepts the deal change and suggests she might use our services at a later time).
https://gfycat.com/pl/rapidcheerfulkissingbug-vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2-gameplay
:deathclaw:
Seriously, I've just lost all hope that the writing will be even passable here and by the looks of it other aspects won't be much better.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom