Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer: Vermintide 2

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
this game blows

quit bumping this thread

Fuck off retard

Imagine being a gamer
laughingemoji-560.JPEG

laughingemoji-560.JPEG

laughingemoji-560.JPEG

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
this game blows

What's the game's problem? Too much of a carbon-copy of L4D2?

Well first, it's a videogame so it's a waste of time but also:

• Game's dead, only people who play it have hundreds of hours and overpowered gear so the first 80 hours of the game, while you're gearing up and unlocking higher difficulties, you'll be carried by retards who stomp everything and rush all content.
  • Your power is highly dependent on gear drops instead of player skill
  • Game uses warhammer lore, yet chooses literally the most boring faction (rats) to be the main enemy
If you have three friends who are totally new to the game and will play at the same exact time as you whenever you want to play you'll probably have fun for a bit but that's a big ask. Everyone else at this point is a vet

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
If you have three friends who are totally new to the game and will play at the same exact time as you whenever you want to play you'll probably have fun for a bit but that's a big ask. Everyone else at this point is a vet
Playing coop game with randoms? Not even once.

But yeah it is a big problem that unless two ppl start playing at the same time, they're gonna have a hard time having fun playing together.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Game is excellent as it always was; the 5(6) new maps from the DLC really livened things up, and the new weapons are great. The game is as difficult as ever but since most of us now have hundreds to thousands of hours in it, we're all pretty hyped for the expansion in August which will add a new progression system, higher levels, new weapons (THROWING AXES!!!!) and, best of all, a new map, a new enemy faction (!), a new boss and a new map.

I have to admit that the game is VERY HARD to get into though; it starts out brutally difficult once you leave Recruit and just gets harder from there; there will be a time where you enter the highest difficulty and you just lose and lose and lose. But eventually you get good.

All of the points by idiot poster above are false:

A) game is far from dead; queues are nearly instant and there's a small, but loyal playerbase so that, as long as you play the higher difficulties, you always get things to do with minimal wait
B) you spend 99% of the game at max level; it doesn't really matter than your power increases as you level for the 1% that you spend leveling; also they made leveling faster from release.
C) Skaven are the most interesting Warhammer faction, retard.

Also, I only play with randoms, and it's fine. The people that still play are all highly cooperative. At least on the highest difficulty. Right now most people are in the beta, though!

Beastmen coming on August 13. Supposedly the game has been "remastered", too.

Key features
  • New Enemy Faction: Beastmen - As grotesque hybrids of humans and beasts the Beastmen have the intelligence of a man and the cunning of wild animals. These savage warriors embrace Chaos willingly and will show no compassion or nobility. With profound malice for order and reason, these Children of Chaos want to end the world in bloody carnage.
  • New Higher Difficulty - Cataclysm is back, now even harder.
  • Raised Level Cap - Raised from level 30 to level 35, and with new talents to match.
  • New Progression System - All new, and separate Winds of Magic specific progression system along with Weave Forged versions of all weapon types.
  • 5 New Weapons - One for each hero
    - Kerillian has a shield and spear.
    - Sienna can swing her flames with a flaming flail.
    - Bardin has a new set of throwing axes.
    - Saltzpyre now has a billhook.
    - Kruber can use a heavy spear.
  • New Adventure Level: Dark Omens - Fight the mighty and strong Beastmen together with your friends in a challenging new level.
  • New Game Mode: Winds of Magic - Bring your friends and try to complete a new set of challenges with increasing difficulties in the weaves of the eight Winds of Magic.
    The winds of magic are made up of different “weaves” and will be a combination of:
    - Map: A chunk of an existing adventure map.
    - Wind: The different Winds of Magic will affect and modify the map.
    - Objective: Each map will have a specific objective for players to complete.
    - Finale: If the objective is completed the players will face the final challenge.
    - Difficulty: As players progress the difficulty will increase.

Long fucking list of changes: https://steamcommunity.com/games/552500/announcements/detail/1599260173216770185

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You can play it already, me and the boys have been killing beastmen left and right.

However, the game has become much more difficult - and it was already quite a difficult game. The previously highest difficulty, Legend, is now indeed very hard and permits no mistakes - and the new difficulty is intended only for 4-man groups with voice chat and tons of time to practice.

The new map is very nice, and the new weapons are good too. The 'redesign' essentially just means better shaders and smaller map sizes, so the maps load faster and the game takes less disk space.

All old maps feel pretty fresh to play because all the terror events (those map end events) now scale with difficulty which makes them much better.

I've owned this for years, but got discouraged by the loot grind and didn't play a lot - played the original more. Also it used to run rather poorly on my last PC, but I can run it fine now. So I went back to play a few levels with a friend recently and had a lot of fun.

I still don't like the loot and how progression is tied to it, but the levels themselves are great.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I always hate how being a latecomer to these sorts of games means you've missed all the required cheese tactics so you get yelled at by autists.

I never play these sorts of games with randoms, but real life friends have precious little time these days.

kreight

Yeah nothing like a host who dies at the end of the missions and rage quits. The developer is toxic, the game is toxic, the community is toxic.

Damn forgot this even exists. Is Fatshark focused almost entirely on Darktide?

this game blows

What's the game's problem? Too much of a carbon-copy of L4D2?
Lack of content. Don't follow these games enough to say definitively but it feels like Vermintide had more regular content releases than this one did.

They royally fucked up their DLC Roadmap. I played Vermintide 2 with a good friend when it launched for probably close to a good 6 months, and we had a really good time with it, but it had no "endgame" content, and Fatshark kept promising that more content was coming "any day now", but by the time we stopped playing they hadn't announced a release date for a single piece of DLC. It seems like they got it all straightened out at some point since there's a bunch of DLC available now, but it was waaaay too late in coming.

Dexter

Arcane
Vermintide 2 is having a Sale and Free Weekend till Monday, where everyone can download and play for the occasion of the new Free DLC/Game Mode:

Been playing and enjoying it with a couple of friends the past few weeks, finally got my first char over Lvl30.

Dexter

Arcane
Huh, never heard of this. Might as well check it out.
It's basically Left4Dead, but with Rats and No Versus.

Also with various RPG-lite mechanics like a persistent Leveling and Class system for the 5 characters you can play with a new Ability every 5 Levels up to 30, a Loot system with 5 Slots and item Stats, some of which I'm not entirely sure if they add to the game or whether it might be better without.

I've been playing this till the wee hours of the morning for a while. Anyone who wants to play can add me https://steamcommunity.com/id/zxcvd/

I'm maxed level on classes and will probably trivialize things if you're playing below legend but I can give some pointers and play around with the weaker weapons for a bit.

Huh, never heard of this. Might as well check it out.
It's basically Left4Dead, but with Rats and No Versus.

And you are a knock off of the LotR fellowship on a quest to genocide Moria.

Also with various RPG-lite mechanics like a persistent Leveling and Class system for the 5 characters you can play with a new Ability every 5 Levels up to 30, a Loot system with 5 Slots and item Stats, some of which I'm not entirely sure if they add to the game or whether it might be better without.

I think in some sense it's good since it encourages you to play each character up from scratch to help understand what they are about and how some of their weapons work. But the grind on the 3rd, 4th and 5th characters definitely feels a bit much, especially considering the 4th and 5th are probably your least favourite characters to play. Thankfully the itemization system is incredibly lenient (can just craft anything you want pretty easily) and the fact that all heroes share the highest equipment level reached means that you can easily handle Legend if you're level 15 but with max gear, assuming you have a build that doesn't rely on higher skills.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ended up buying the game and have been playing a lot lately. Very nice "popcorn" style game with an excellent range of difficulty settings. Drop it down when you want to button mash through a million grunts; crank it up when you want a real test of reflexes, teamwork, and situational awareness.

Sadly the player community is a mixed bag. Usually a pickup game will have three players who keep a medium pace and stick together, and one bunnyhopping dumbshit who thinks running ahead by himself will get his end game xp sooner. I've fallen back on playing only with friends and bots, which is still fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom