Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
Steam:
have played roughly 12 hours and loving it, only noticed one bug so far: when you go to merge a stack of items with another of the same kind, sometimes the total stack after combined will be smaller.
for example i had 7 'cadacus of life' which i merged with another 4 and afterwards, the total was 2

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 27 May @ 3:20pm
Fix for this on next update

What do you want to bet nobody ever hires Cleve for a contract more than once? It wouldn't surprise if he has to work under multiple aliases because of how shoddy his programming skills are.

You know what you should do, GandGolf? You should write your own Wizardry clone, without any bugs in it. Let me know when it is up on Steam. I can't wait to see it. I imagine a guy like you is great at nearly everything, despite having to wait two years to be able to afford Grimoire. Assuming you bought it. Which is highly unlikely.

This steep decline in vitriol and shitposting quality since grimwah's release displeases me. Clearly you need to face more adversity

Spiky

Learned
C'mon Cleve, give us something Grimoirish to talk about.
I miss those days when Grimoire was just a dream and there were several new pages of high quality reading every day
:despair:

Dorateen

Arcane
Lots of interesting stuff in the V2 content, which hasn't been seen before. I appreciate how some of the new areas relate to each other, or even tie into the existing themes of Grimoire.

0gE9lCG.png

Incendax

Augur
Definitely both.
The game is genuinely good, minus the UI and monster balance issues.
But half the fun is the spectacle and history.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Lots of interesting stuff in the V2 content, which hasn't been seen before. I appreciate how some of the new areas relate to each other, or even tie into the existing themes of Grimoire.

I really want to play this.
I installed V2, then got stuck at party creation ;/

Oh well, one day...

Last edited:

Dorateen

Arcane
Making 3000th post on Codex in Grimoire Thread.

Just finished the V2 content, good stuff here. I can see how it would definitely enhance a player's first time through Grimoire. Were I to do it all over again, I would have sold so much of our treasures that instead were hoarded, to make use of the experience purchase. As it was, I only activated the new Paragon Agent once, thus getting the Poison craft for a single character. Unfortunately, he never invested in metaphysics. The working Recharge spell did come in most handy at the Titan Mines. I greatly enjoyed the chance to adventure again in Hyperborea, present and future.

lv5lrtV.jpg

grimace

Arcane
Twitch Plays Pokémon is a "social experiment" and channel on the video game live streaming website Twitch, consisting of a crowdsourced attempt to play Game Freak's and Nintendo's Pokémon video games by parsing commands sent by users through the channel's chat room. It holds the Guinness World Record for having "the most participants on a single-player online videogame" with 1,165,140.

Parsifarka

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Quick question, lads: is the patching over? I always wait for patching/expansions/DLCs to be completed before playing a game.
there is at least one more patch coming, maybe next Friday

We're on a very tight schedule for next Friday, no slippage will be tolerated.

Thought I would wait until the charity auction is over before issuing a new update for Grimoire. I think tomorrow is the last day of the 50% off freebie almost complementary giveaway for Grimoire on Steam. I've almost got enough profit to buy a single undamaged box of pop-tarts now.

NOPper

Barely Literate
there is at least one more patch coming, maybe next Friday

We're on a very tight schedule for next Friday, no slippage will be tolerated.

Thought I would wait until the charity auction is over before issuing a new update for Grimoire. I think tomorrow is the last day of the 50% off freebie almost complementary giveaway for Grimoire on Steam. I've almost got enough profit to buy a single undamaged box of pop-tarts now.

Hey man, I actually just grabbed that after checking in on and off for a while, going to start a playthrough this week for myself and see if I can figure all this out. Is it worth waiting until Friday? What's going to be patched/added?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom