Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Prime Junta

I skipped a few pages. Why is everybody butthurt all of a sudden? Did something happen or just Codex codexing?

Yosharian

Arcane
I skipped a few pages.
So go read them. Stupid bitch.
TRLJOJX.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Why the thread is still in the RPG forum?

From everything I've read the last few days it's an open world Deus Ex, and Deus Ex is considered an RPG here. Jeff Gerstmann was like "they hyped this game up to be some amazing new thing and it ends up it's just Deus Ex." He was being negative I believe, but it made my dick hard.

Yosharian

Arcane
I got a response from that Haitian guy that was going nuts about Haitians being featured in CP2077. I asked him how he felt about Rock Paper Shotgun's article hitpiece - did he think the Haitian representation was racist, offensive, what did he think about RPS's comments, etc.

A lot of my position when it comes to games - wait to judge it for myself. I am excited that I can appreciate my language being spoken in a game. I'm not overthinking nor am I spending time reading web articles to express how I feel about the art we get to see or experience. That is my approach to most things as it relates to our entertainment. The game will be dope, we're not paid or coerced to say that. We do appreciate the opps we get to see cool things. In short If (most likely when) they release their e3 2019 showcase, grab your favorite snack, put a 'do not disturb' sign up and consume it for yourself. Thanks for taking the time to post. Cheers and God bless.

Pretty much a 'no comment', I guess

NullFlow

Savant
No apartment customization and cutting out a choice for childhood hero is definite decline. But the childhood hero decision strikes me as something made a while ago with the marketing all emphasizing the Samurai jacket and Keanu Reeves costing too much of a pretty penny for the player to potentially ignore. This happens all the time with games when they float around a ton of ideas in early development only for it to get removed altogether. Oh well, one more reason to never trust a list of promises until the game is in your hands.

Yosharian

Arcane
From everything I've read the last few days it's an open world Deus Ex, and Deus Ex is considered an RPG here. Jeff Gerstmann was like "they hyped this game up to be some amazing new thing and it ends up it's just Deus Ex." He was being negative I believe, but it made my dick hard.
Jeff Gerstmann has been a joke for a long time. These days he'd saw his own dick off if it got him brownie points from the progressive crowd.

Let's not forget that this is the guy that refused to review KCD because it wasn't 'interesting enough to pursue'.

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
No apartment customization and cutting out a choice for childhood hero is definite decline. But the childhood hero decision strikes me as something made a while ago with the marketing all emphasizing the Samurai jacket and Keanu Reeves costing too much of a pretty penny for the player to potentially ignore. This happens all the time with games when they float around a ton of ideas in early development only for it to get removed altogether. Oh well, one more reason to never trust a list of promises until the game is in your hands.
While corporate background wouldn't spark as much conflict as corporate villain being a childhood hero, there's still room for conflicts between V and Johnny hologram. If CDPR shrugs off this moment under the carpet, it's a confirmed decline.

That said, having a background of either a street kid or a nomad falls down into one of the most cliched background for a rise-to-riches kind of story while corporate background is more fitting for a different story of relationship with one of the corporations, not what CDPR tries to sell us.

hello my fellow internet black person, I am also an internet black person
I really didn't get it at first why someone is posting some randumb Leddit person, but that's actually Mike Pondsmith: https://www.reddit.com/user/therealmaxmike
it is him, no different of a take than any boomer, really.
i've seen it said that cyberpunk is his only good work and apparently he's a Hillary/abortion supporter. has really no bearing on the game.
you don't have to like everything about a writer/creator to enjoy their games. he doesn't seem to inject his personal politics into it, at least not in the obvious down-your-throat way that idiots do these days - it's why he's getting slammed by the hand wringers for "internalized racism" or whatever the fuck they're calling their fake outrage these days.

i don't know how true this is, but i've seen people saying that childhood hero is now roughly a "life path", ie it's still in the game, just called something different. it would make sense seeing as we need to choose certain things in the creator to go all the way in certain dialogue choices.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
He should send a response to RPS for their slandering article. Let's see if they would publish a reply from a based black author whose work they deemed needed explaining to the masses.

What pisses me off the most is that virtually the entire staff at RPS are middle class white people, if not all. Who then get off on preaching about minorities and oppression.

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
What pisses me off the most is that virtually the entire staff at RPS are middle class white people, if not all. Who then get off on preaching about minorities and oppression.

Typical "champagne left". Chief reason why actual Left collapsed in Europe within the last two decades

Herumor

Scholar
"Nice game you have here, shame if something happened to it".

n8uwHk5.jpg

At least post the stuff she (or rather the faggot running her account) posted after that:

eUFFYux.png

She's clearly just looking to earn herself some shekels.Reminds me of that fat chick from Hairspray or whatever the name of the film was, just posting tweets about how she played a part in that film and how she's looking for more roles and such.

Anyway, irrelevant outrage con artists aside, has there been any word on what the PC requirements for this game would be? I remember they ran last year's E3 demo on a rather powerful PC, but I doubt that's going to be the case at release, given that they have to accommodate consoles' limited hardware, and releasing a clearly superior looking product on PC would earn them a lot of backlash.

Anyway, irrelevant outrage con artists aside, has there been any word on what the PC requirements for this game would be?
Nope. I wouldn't worry too much about optimization given that you can still get a maxed out locked 30fps from TW3 on a 12 year old toaster. Worst case scenario they require some newer instruction set only found in cpus from 2008 or 2011. Maxed out pc version is probably going to look similar to a PS5/XB4 "definitive edition" with the tacked on raytracing bits.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom