Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Dodo1610

Arcane
oDldUQQ.png

Why the thread is still in the RPG forum?

It's sold as an RPG on GOG and Steam the devs constantly call it an RPG in every interview, it has stats and skills and a dialogue tree. Cyberpunk is an Action RPG and Action-adventure story isn't even a video game genre to begin with.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Jeff Gerstmann has been a joke for a long time. These days he'd saw his own dick off if it got him brownie points from the progressive crowd.

Let's not forget that this is the guy that refused to review KCD because it wasn't 'interesting enough to pursue'.

What does SJW bullshit have to do with me saying he reported it's an open world Deus Ex? Some of you guys have one track minds, I swear.

Paul_cz

Arcane
It's sold as an RPG on GOG and Steam the devs constantly call it an RPG in every interview, it has stats and skills and a dialogue tree. Cyberpunk is an Action RPG and Action-adventure story isn't even a video game genre to begin with.
Yeah this change is simply because they want to attract the GTA crowd. But the game itself will be more RPGish than Witcher 3 was. And Witcher 3 was (action) RPG already.

Xeon

Augur
Is Jeff really an SJW? I stopped listening to the Giant Bomb Podcast 2 years ago I think so I haven't paid attention to them much but they weren't SJW then.

I don't mind journalists[?] not reviewing games they are not interested in, its probably even better they don't, so they don't end up giving it low score just to release a review and fill out a quota or something, or worse do something like the one who reviewed a Souls game I think after cheating and saying its fine he cheated, that kinda shit might ruin and change future games for the fans of those games.

Gerrard

Arcane
I just love how all these libcuck purple haired trannies are "real cyberpunks" while posting on twitter from their iphones, sipping some starbucks soy latte, and defending corporate censorship.

Zer0wing

Cipher
I just love how all these libcuck purple haired trannies are "real cyberpunks" while posting on twitter from their iphones, sipping some starbucks soy latte, and defending corporate censorship.
In a CP2020 sense they might be. Playing for the bad guy, taking the corp path.

Vulpes

Scholar
"Nice game you have here, shame if something happened to it".

n8uwHk5.jpg

edit: it's real: https://twitter.com/anitasarkeesian/status/1140137414381322240
Is she still even relevant? The last time I heard people talk about her was during VidCon 2017 where she got into an argument with Boogie1488 for stealing her spotlight

Terry Davis was the only real cyberpunk out there.
Maybe the real TempleOS were the CIA niggers we ran over along the way
kiRKB1e.png

Last edited:

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

KK1001

Arbiter
Lack of dynamic weather and apartment customization are fine cuts. They need to deliver on the core experience (core story missions, better-than-Fallout combat, character customization, multiple paths through levels, scale of the world, choice and consequence) and making the open world feel meaningful in some way. I'm still optimistic about the game because I've properly calibrated my expectations to what they'll deliver based on what they've said and committed themselves too.

Herumor

Scholar

I know that CDPR said that wouldn't be able to join any faction in the game, but I'd still like the option of allying with the megacorps. In a setting where it's evident you can't save or change the world, why not work to make things better for yourself in the long run? I understand that going corpo can't be done in this game, but maybe an expansion down the line or another game in the series could pull it off? Really, I just want a modern, competently made Syndicate game. I hated the one published by EA because the story's narrative never made any sense to me and it railroaded the players into following a path most of them probably had no interest in.

Danikas

Arcane
Lack of dynamic weather and apartment customization are fine cuts. They need to deliver on the core experience (core story missions, better-than-Fallout combat, character customization, multiple paths through levels, scale of the world, choice and consequence) and making the open world feel meaningful in some way. I'm still optimistic about the game because I've properly calibrated my expectations to what they'll deliver based on what they've said and committed themselves too.

I never saw anything saying that there is no dynamic weather.

KK1001

Arbiter
You won't be able to "ally" with any faction, but no doubt you'll be able to do missions for them. The corps are the primary antagonists, but I wouldn't be surprised if you're able to betray Johnny and handle over the chip/the old internet to either Militech or Arasaka.

Yosharian

Arcane
Is Jeff really an SJW? I stopped listening to the Giant Bomb Podcast 2 years ago I think so I haven't paid attention to them much but they weren't SJW then.

I don't mind journalists[?] not reviewing games they are not interested in, its probably even better they don't, so they don't end up giving it low score just to release a review and fill out a quota or something, or worse do something like the one who reviewed a Souls game I think after cheating and saying its fine he cheated, that kinda shit might ruin and change future games for the fans of those games.
Gerstmann's story is that he's spent the last 5 years desperately trying to virtue-signal to his friends that he's a good social justice ally.

He's said Daniel Vavra has racist views, for example.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
So, I've read around that Arasaka is the corp represented in that image. And Arasaka killed Silverhand

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I watched interview where one dev talked about it, they developed few different art styles to differentiate the social groups and dictricts; kitsch (the image above), entropy, neomillitarism and glamour.

I guess Style over Necessity (Glamour) is next?

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
So, I've read around that Arasaka is the corp represented in that image. And Arasaka killed Silverhand
And that means they are V's enemies, what a great RPG.

Keanu hype was nice and all but I am too wondering if he'll be a nuisance after sometime. They did a similar thing in Hearts of Stone with Olgierd's bro's ghost but that was only one quest, whole game with a ghost woulda been insufferable... unless the ghost is some hot chick in scantily-clad clothes :P Damn, they shoulda switched Silverhand's and Alt Cunningham's roles.
rating_negativeman.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom