Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Chicken Police

Self-Ejected

A_boring_GOG_bot

Self-Ejected
https://chickenpolice.com

Chicken Police is a film-noir like adventure game with mature themes and dark humor.

The story is about an old fashoned detective, Santino “Sonny” Featherland, and his hotspur sidekick Marty McChicken, working at Clawville Police Dept.'s predatory division.
Sonny's on his paid leave, waiting for the 121 days to go by until his retirement, when a mysterious woman visits him in his home, with a letter and a strange case...
All of this inside the city of Clawville, which had been built as an Edenic place, a place unlike any other country in the Wilderness, a place where predator and prey, domesticated and wild animals can live in peace with each other. But the dream remained a dream... and in the end, it became the darkest and most dangerous city in the Wilderness.
The game's priority is to collect clues and information, for which we must have a lot of conversations, mercilessly interrogating our suspects to gather the necessary info to finish our cases.
There will be more than 30 characters in game to talk to, some of them to be seriously interrogated. At the end of each case, with the help of material and verbal evidence, and of course our hero's pieces of ideas, the player has to put the whole picture together.
The game was inspired by timeless classics: Grim Fandango, Tex Murphy, Blade Runner, indie wonders, like Aviary Attorney and unforgettable film-noir movies like The Big Sleep, The Glass Key, Gilda, The Lady in the Lake, Double Indemnity, Farewell, My Lovely or the one and only Casablanca.

Last edited by a moderator:
Purchased it on GOG today. Looks stunning, voices are brillant, music beautiful and the overall style is as noir as it gets. However I'm slightly wondering why my main character, a hard-boiled (ex-)copper, used the word "racism" or "racist" already four times in the first minutes of gameplay to react to unfriendly characters. Seems a bit strange for a constantly swearing guy and for a noir-world in general. Anyway, I'll continue playing. It's such a beauty of a game aesthetically!

Last edited:

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Thinking about buying this. Did anyone else play it?

I was bored to death with it to be honest, atmosphere alone wasn't enough for me to continue play.
Very poor in terms of gameplay, I have uninstalled it after 1-2 hours if I remember correct. But if you like talking animals you can go for it I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom