Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Imperator: Rome - the new grand strategy from Paradox

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
There are plenty of good developers at Paradox.

There's Doomdark who designed CK2, notable for not only being IMHO the best game of the studio, but also for being playable and fun at the release date.

There's also the team which currently runs CK2. Essentially a C team, which nevertheless churns one great expansion after another. Moreover, for Conclave expansion they designed perhaps the best mechanic for internal politics, one that should be used in other games to model all kind of power sharing and parliaments.

There's Wiz who salvaged the mess that was Stellaris into something borderline playable.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
There are plenty of good developers at Paradox.

There's Doomdark who designed CK2, notable for not only being IMHO the best game of the studio, but also for being playable and fun at the release date.

There's also the team which currently runs CK2. Essentially a C team, which nevertheless churns one great expansion after another. Moreover, for Conclave expansion they designed perhaps the best mechanic for internal politics, one that should be used in other games to model all kind of power sharing and parliaments.

There's Wiz who salvaged the mess that was Stellaris into something borderline playable.
Fuck off with that garbage. Most of CK team are old dinosaurs,they trailers for the DLC look cool and create hype,but their DLC in the end are just another +5% increase in X. You still can't play as the pope or the knight orders. Also all of their flavour is in events,thus it makes the game unplayable because of event spam. Every 5 seconds some stupid even pops up on your screen telling you how your retarded son did something or how some prisoners is dead.

Fuck off,that faggot retard wiz is maybe the worst dev in the whole paradox company. He is the lead for Stellaris and not brought in later on,he is the reason the game is garbage and he even made it more of a garbage with the DLCs. Now you can't even choose a different way of traversing the universe,only generic lines baby,and chokepoints. He was also a dev on EU4 and fucked a lot of shit while at it,there was constant drama in the forum because of his fagginess. He is only working there because sucked Johan's balls.

Edija

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I enjoyed Stellaris quite a bit before Wiz, it wasn't perfect but I had some good games running with mods. I haven't bought a single DLC since he became lead; it's like he is trying to ruin the game on purpose. It doen't help that the new DLCs like Megacorp and that exploration one look pretty boring compared to, for example, Utopia.

It Wanted to Purge

The idea of Roman era has potential but this has been egregious done, maybe their next grand strategy game will have some saving grace. However it will be unable to do the damage done to Imperator: Rome. One can hope.

LizardWizard

Cipher
The idea of Roman era has potential but this has been egregious done, maybe their next grand strategy game will have some saving grace. However it will be unable to do the damage done to Imperator: Rome. One can hope.

Roman CK2 at the very least would have been better than a super special Johan bland Antiquity map painter

ZeniBot

Cipher

Roman CK2 at the very least would have been better than a super special Johan bland Antiquity map painter

Play "When the world stop making sense" for CK2, its got you covered at least as far as late Roman era is concerned. I actually prefer it to the vanilla experience because it doesn't require any DLCs to play and its more feature complete than the base product.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1247274300

Very fun playing as Roman successor states and building a culturally different Roman empire in the British Isles and expanding back into Roman territories. I also like how the mod doesn't fuck around and waste your time, if you want to conquer the ever living fuck out of everything there are CBs for it where you're eating entire countries in 1 war. I ended up playing this instead of Imperator: Rome. As I understand you only need the base CK2 to play the mod even though it unlocks all the features from the DLCs anyway.

Dux

Arcane
I haven't really been keeping up to date on this shit but what's the deal here? Is Paradox chopping off this gangrenous limb or are they actually going to utilise their usual post-launch "zeal" to the one game that actually needs it?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I haven't really been keeping up to date on this shit but what's the deal here? Is Paradox chopping off this gangrenous limb or are they actually going to utilise their usual post-launch "zeal" to the one game that actually needs it?
iqNu962.png

0w43t8f.png

446 in chat....most likely the devs and few asslickers.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
iqNu962.png

0w43t8f.png

446 in chat....most likely the devs and few asslickers.

Big salute for ZAMUNDA, the best torrent site on the web :salute:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

They are currently desperately trying to throw out all the shit they insisted on before launch in favor of different shit. It's going to be exactly like Stellaris with endless reworking of systems without improving anything.

e:

>Game will have actual content in 2020
:hahano:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom