Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Curratum

This game is a joke at this point. I was moderately excited to see some new ideas in action but this is just not serious.

volklore

Arcane
When the trailer right in the center of the website main page hasn't been edited to change the release year, you know this will be vaporware of the FINEST quality :obviously:.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
When the trailer right in the center of the website main page hasn't been edited to change the release year, you know this will be vaporware of the FINEST quality :obviously:.
One of the only upcoming CRPG's that looks interesting to me and it's most likely vaporwave at this point.

:negative:
Now you're, what, guilting me into bed with you?

I thought we talked about this already.
Is that a tactic you use with women too? Any luck there, champ?

Tigranes

Arcane
Was there some piece of news that's precipitated the recent talk? Game looked solid when I did my hands-on just a few weeks ago, though obviously that doesn't give me any clue about how much has been done on it recently and how much remains to the finish line.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
They had to completely rebuild the game from the ground up after some geniuses revealed the One Truth that Politics In Video Games Is Not Fun Or Allowed.

Sad, but the eventual release will be much better now that there's no risk of a Gamer being distracted by thoughts while playing.

Wunderbar

Arcane
So i've been interested in this game and purposely avoided most of the news due to spoilers, but all of a sudden codexers are claiming that this game is vapourware.
Then actual dev shows up, and instead of debunking these allegations he's trying to be cute.

Makes you think.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The obvious reason for why it is so late is because they are also trying to put Keanu Reeves into their game. He is going to be playing a gun ho detective that you get to call to help you once per game. But you have to kill his dog first. And if you don't manage to make it look like the bad guys did it, he kills you first.

Got bored and left

The obvious reason for why it is so late is because they are also trying to put Keanu Reeves into their game. He is going to be playing a gun ho detective that you get to call to help you once per game. But you have to kill his dog first. And if you don't manage to make it look like the bad guys did it, he kills you first.

Nah, I say they're gunning for Nicholas Cage. Which seems more perfect the more I think about it. Especially now that Keanu is mainstream again, you gotta have something for the hipster target audience to enjoy.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist

Or maybe they also hired GRRM to write additional chapters. He writes at rather slower tempo so delay was necessary. And maybe they'll add full VO which is time consuming.

Sòren

Arcane
well, at least the last two pages of this vaporware motivated me to reinstall Age Of Decadence.

even if it's ever released, it's going to suck btw. those innovative mechanics are going to require a hell lot of dedication and man-hours and i'm not expecting this from those bums.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom