Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Cael

Arcane
Yes, Mr. Dumbfuck, whatever you say.
Hiding behind inifinishit's passive-aggressive defense of his tranny boyfriend once again shows that you have nothing but smoke and mirrors to back up your case. Poor baby. Once again assblasted because of CDS. Perhaps if you didn't shill so hard for a paiturd projectile vomit, you would not have ended up this way.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
My main issue with Fauchard is that you have to rely on the shitty Artisan mechanics to get hold of a decent one. Fuck that.

Hopefully a modder will fix Artisans soon.

I assume with the endless dungeon dlc you get a chance to find Actually Interesting Exotic Weapons now.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Dragonform III (I and II aren't that good)
is there any downside to using this?
I assumed it would lock out spell casting but it doesn't
You can't open your inventory or use consumables while in dragon form and dragons have horrible pathfinding so you need to do a lot of walking management. Other than that, no.
That is a big downside for casters. Using rods is how casters keep up with rogues and similar characters in later levels.
Feel free to use the rods whenever you want and then metamorph. The rods have a charge count of 3, you can go through those charges quickly. Dragonform at level 20 has a duration of 20 minutes, you can clear multiple floors without resting using that.

Codex Year of the Donut
You can't open your inventory or use consumables while in dragon form and dragons have horrible pathfinding so you need to do a lot of walking management. Other than that, no.
That is a big downside for casters. Using rods is how casters keep up with rogues and similar characters in later levels.
Feel free to use the rods whenever you want and then metamorph. The rods have a charge count of 3, you can go through those charges quickly. Dragonform at level 20 has a duration of 20 minutes, you can clear multiple floors without resting using that.
I use 5 rods + robe with metamagic

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
my uncompressed savefile is nearly 500mb
:prosper:

like 80% of it is the game saving default values, top-tier russian programming at work

I like how ass-backwards they implemented the new increased movement speed when out of combat. Instead of, you know, just increasing speed by 25% like various mods do they have you click the very edge of the screen, which is tiny because the default camera distance is tiny and they add an extra run animation that immediately bugs out.

Sharpedge

Prophet
I use 5 rods + robe with metamagic
It probably comes down to a difference in how we play then. I treat casters as glorified fighters who also happen to be able to cast spells.

Shadenuat

Arcane
my uncompressed savefile is nearly 500mb
:prosper:

like 80% of it is the game saving default values, top-tier russian programming at work

I like how ass-backwards they implemented the new increased movement speed when out of combat. Instead of, you know, just increasing speed by 25% like various mods do they have you click the very edge of the screen, which is tiny because the default camera distance is tiny and they add an extra run animation that immediately bugs out.
It's not edge of the screen it's distance. So just move camera anywhere you need to go and click.

Sharpedge

Prophet
I don't know what character to play.
m9uall4g33431.png

Doesn't 100% translate across, but mildly on topic I guess. Going to need a different chart for class.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Being an RPG fan and experiencing the last 15ish years is enough to at least help with drinking.

Started game, got to Oleg outpost, time to start new character.

Actually, you have completed the best part of Kingmaker (theorycrafting and character creation). The rest goes downhill fast.

Here's a short guide to kingmaker character creation:

Actual classes/kits that you've come to know and love from D&D suck. Wizards barely do any damage with spells until very late game because of inflated hitpoints/stats. Fighters get outtanked by shit like sword saints and rogues and outdamaged by just about anything except the aforementioned wizards. Rogues aren't cool at all because they get backstab bonuses on any attack where you attack with a buddy.

So forget all that crap, and embrace your inner munchkin. Combine 14 classes together, and start doing archery spells with backstab bonus!

Sharpedge

Prophet
Started game, got to Oleg outpost, time to start new character.

Actually, you have completed the best part of Kingmaker (theorycrafting and character creation). The rest goes downhill fast.

Here's a short guide to kingmaker character creation:

Actual classes/kits that you've come to know and love from D&D suck. Wizards barely do any damage with spells until very late game because of inflated hitpoints/stats. Fighters get outtanked by shit like sword saints and rogues and outdamaged by just about anything except the aforementioned wizards. Rogues aren't cool at all because they get backstab bonuses on any attack where you attack with a buddy.

So forget all that crap, and embrace your inner munchkin. Combine 14 classes together, and start doing archery spells with backstab bonus!
They fixed the backstabbing spells.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom