Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

The Avatar

Pseudodragon Studios
Developer
Hm, True Seeing doesn't appear to do anything AFAICT.
Checked through the resource files & searched through the source. The fact part of it exists and is correctly applied by the spell resource, but nothing in the game actually uses it.

dnspy being buggy, found it with grep
True Seeing grants immunity to visual effects & the equivalent of see invisibility.
I guess it makes sense that a blinded person can't be confused by mirror image.

I'm surprised and impressed that they went into that much detail in their implementation of the rules. The tabletop pathfinder rules do state that mirror image does not work if you are invisible or the attacker is blind. BTW how did you find that code?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Half of Arcane level up choices about freedom vs regulation. But Octavia gives very biased opinion (compared to Storyteller) when she appointed as advisor so you may not even notice that containment options are there.
imagine being dumb enough to pick a random slave you just met as your advisor over an incredibly old elf who is mystical as fuck

To be fair only one of them will suck your dick in game so its not as a clear cut decision as it first appears.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Storyteller constantly drains your Arcane stat. For an eldar master race he's a pussy when it comes to necromancy and shit.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wow, that's... kinda just what the game needed to feel complete.

Just wish the author didn't shove his arbitrary decision down everyone's throats.
He fixed Magic Vestment. Cool.

But he also went to nerf animal companions and edited the stats of companions and even broke Tristan (gave him fire domain, which clearly wasn't the intention of the Devs).

Wish he separated the added features from arbitrary changes to make it closer to PnP or more balanced.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
I just found out acid maw doesn't work for animal companions without bite attack. Funny and makes you think if you want something else than pets with no bite.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Started game, got to Oleg outpost, time to start new character.

Actually, you have completed the best part of Kingmaker (theorycrafting and character creation). The rest goes downhill fast.

I don't know what character to play.

Here's a short guide to kingmaker character creation:

Actual classes/kits that you've come to know and love from D&D suck. Wizards barely do any damage with spells until very late game because of inflated hitpoints/stats. Fighters get outtanked by shit like sword saints and rogues and outdamaged by just about anything except the aforementioned wizards. Rogues aren't cool at all because they get backstab bonuses on any attack where you attack with a buddy.

So forget all that crap, and embrace your inner munchkin. Combine 14 classes together, and start doing archery spells with backstab bonus!

>DnD
>Wizards
>Damage dealers
:what:

Thonius

Arcane
Well we can expect separate package I ques, unless modder totally autistic with : " MY WAY OR HIGH WAY "
Tested TB mode - well it's nice shit, but it will take shit ton of time to complete game, lot's of fights.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
when a videogame has higher journalistic standards than real journalists
YUG6yiF.png

Kaivokz

Arcane
I beat the second endless dungeon boss today running a duo of high AC dex monks. Not sure if they're in random order, but she was decently tough. Had around 20 goblin alchemists and thieves and cast a nasty destroy spell vs. fortitude. Probably go for the third boss later this week. Thinking I might try scaled fist 1/paladin 2/sorcerer x + two or three fighters with composite longbows, just to get a fast clear time from low-high level. Second boss showed up on floor 20, so I imagine third will be floor 30 and fourth on floor 40.

For maximum clear time I might eventually try sorcerer w/ immunity to fire damage and 5 kineticists w/ auto-attack blueflame eruptions (w/ third element for fire elementals, etc.) just to see how far I can get.

How's the melee druid going, Sharpedge?

Sharpedge

Prophet
I beat the second endless dungeon boss today running a duo of high AC dex monks. Not sure if they're in random order, but she was decently tough. Had around 20 goblin alchemists and thieves and cast a nasty destroy spell vs. fortitude. Probably go for the third boss later this week. Thinking I might try scaled fist 1/paladin 2/sorcerer x + two or three fighters with composite longbows, just to get a fast clear time from low-high level. Second boss showed up on floor 20, so I imagine third will be floor 30 and fourth on floor 40.

For maximum clear time I might eventually try sorcerer w/ immunity to fire damage and 5 kineticists w/ auto-attack blueflame eruptions (w/ third element for fire elementals, etc.) just to see how far I can get.

How's the melee druid going, Sharpedge?
It is going fine, although I made the mistake of going weapon focus:quarterstaff and haven't had a quarterstuff higher than +1 drop yet and I am at depth 31. Also not seen another boss :(

Kaivokz

Arcane
It is going fine, although I made the mistake of going weapon focus:quarterstaff and haven't had a quarterstuff higher than +1 drop yet and I am at depth 31. Also not seen another boss :(
Yeah, if you get unlucky neither drops nor shop will have what you want... I didn't find a single +dex or wisdom item on my double monk run...

Make sure you talk to dragon again and ask him who he wants you to hunt down. You have to do it every time you retire. It should update your quest log and then on the next 10th floor the boss should be there. If the quest log doesn't update, the bosses won't spawn from what I can tell. So far I've done Fallen Priestess and Captor/Captive.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Yeah, if you get unlucky neither drops nor shop will have what you want... I didn't find a single +dex or wisdom item on my double monk run...

Make sure you talk to dragon again and ask him who he wants you to hunt down. You have to do it every time you retire. It should update your quest log and then on the next 10th floor the boss should be there. If the quest log doesn't update, the bosses won't spawn from what I can tell. So far I've done Fallen Priestess and Captor/Captive.
I did, still haven't seen the boss though, if by 40 I don't see another 1 I will retire and retry. If I had the option of using a different weapon, I would not have selected weapon focus at level 1 and just seen what was provided to me, but the way I had planned my character, made quarterstaff the only viable option :/

Yosharian

Arcane

Just wish the author didn't shove his arbitrary decision down everyone's throats.

But he also went to nerf animal companions and edited the stats of companions and even broke Tristan (gave him fire domain, which clearly wasn't the intention of the Devs).

Wish he separated the added features from arbitrary changes to make it closer to PnP or more balanced.
It's like 8 mods in one package

jungl

Augur
Is there a mod that converts the game to 2nd edition yet in the infinity engine? Combat encounters in this game are awful. Lets give the enemy ridiculously high AC score! Boils down to bringing along a alchemist or spell caster with touch spells.

Yosharian

Arcane

It's like 8 mods in one package

Well, newest version has a settings.json file where you can turn off some of the stuff. It isn't visible from the ingame Unity mod Manager menu though.

you can turn off his companion improvements (all including Tristan domain), animal companion nerfs (but it is actually closer to PnP), skill point reduction.

just set all the 3 options to false, if you only want the classes and fixes; without his "balancing"

I just found out acid maw doesn't work for animal companions without bite attack. Funny and makes you think if you want something else than pets with no bite.
What's Acid Maw? A spell?
It is a druid spell.
Interesting. Shame it doesn't scale very well. Unless the acid damage from each bite is a separate instance? I'm guessing not.
....? It's a level 1 druid/ranger spell. It scales extremely well for its niche.

Codex Year of the Donut
Is there a mod that converts the game to 2nd edition yet in the infinity engine? Combat encounters in this game are awful. Lets give the enemy ridiculously high AC score! Boils down to bringing along a alchemist or spell caster with touch spells.
The thing with the highest AC I've found so far was the dragon and I killed it with no problem using nok-nok as my main damage source
I'm playing on unfair

Yosharian

Arcane
It is a druid spell.
Interesting. Shame it doesn't scale very well. Unless the acid damage from each bite is a separate instance? I'm guessing not.
....? It's a level 1 druid/ranger spell. It scales extremely well for its niche.
1d4 per round on one target? That's almost worthless, especially compared to many other excellent first-level spells.

It is a druid spell.
1d4 per round on one target? That's almost worthless, especially compared to many other excellent first-level spells.
You're not paying attention to the spell. It's 1 minute/level (which is way stronger in rtwp than it is in tabletop), it scales every 4 levels (not the best rate, but hardly poor, especially when it comes to Druid/Ranger spells), it works with Sneak Attack, AND it deals damage of an elemental type. I'm not arguing that it's a god-tier spell, but it's definitely not shit, and it is VERY useful on certain builds in the early to mid game.

It is a druid spell.
You're not paying attention to the spell. It's 1 minute/level (which is way stronger in rtwp than it is in tabletop), it scales every 4 levels (not the best rate, but hardly poor, especially when it comes to Druid/Ranger spells), it works with Sneak Attack, AND it deals damage of an elemental type. I'm not arguing that it's a god-tier spell, but it's definitely not shit, and it is VERY useful on certain builds in the early to mid game.
Its also a troll killer for solo druids with their kitty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom