Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most respected game developers in the current era

Curratum

FromSoft and Rockstar, I imagine.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
To the masses?
Probably still Bethesda despite all their fallout fucksups and what not.
Definitely CPDR - which even might be the most popular right now due to CP2077 and rightfully so
Arkane Studios
Rockstar is also quite popular
Obsidian
Larian

To codexers?
Styg, Iron Tower, Obsidian, Owlcat, Larian???!

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Rockstar I think. All their games sell insane amounts, and none of them have really been "bad" in a super long time. I might put Nintendo right behind Rockstar since their fans have an almost cult like devotion, but they also don't really do well at getting EVERYONE interested like Rockstar does. The sales numbers for GTA5 are truly insane.

Bethesda had a similar hit with Skyrim but didn't follow up well. I feel like Dice and Treyarch are pretty trusted for multiplayer by their fans, but in the age of Fortnite and whatnot they're no longer the super mainstream successes they were.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I don't understand this thread. This is the kind of thread you can make at any HURR DURR gaming forum/social media sites, and get very accurate replies.

You don't ask the Codex about casual shit, you ask the Codex about the good shit.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Seems like CDPR and Rockstar would be my vote. I don't think either company has made a truly horrific game that has caused fan uproar to my knowledge at least. I'm not up to date with all the video game drama, and I hardly ever play AAA games. Anyways, they'd be my vote.

Neurohaox

Novice
Warhorse Studios haven't been mentioned. Minds behind first Mafia game, and recently Kingom Come Deliverance. Hopefully they will not be restrained by THQ Nordic, which by the way holds rights to Jagged Alliance, and Gothic series ip if im not mistaken.

Turuko

Learned
by the gen pop?
a lot have already been mentioned
add
Naughty Dog
Firaxis (more for Civ than XCOM)
Rocksteady
Capcom

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm not sure but from the top of my mind:

Bioware
inXile
4A Games
Gearbox
Telltale
Kojima
Epic

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
THQ have done a lot for their games, even very old ones like Titan Quest. That's about the only "respectable" developer I can think of, the rest are on the same level as journalists.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Why would anybody respect a game developer? They're selling you a product, if it's good then you'll be satisfied and buy again, if not you won't. Respect has nothing to do with this relationship, I don't respect my greengrocer or butcher unless I know the man personally.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why would anybody respect a game developer? They're selling you a product, if it's good then you'll be satisfied and buy again, if not you won't. Respect has nothing to do with this relationship, I don't respect my greengrocer or butcher unless I know the man personally.
If my butcher makes high quality meats for me (and other customers), when other butchers on the market make disgusting meat, I respect the guy for having standards. He could easily follow the market, but he choose to be better. Same applies for gamedev.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom