Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
just use the provided torrent then - you can have it validate the parts you've gotten with a simple right click.
Damn! I'll have to do that. Shit i learn.
I spent years avoiding torrents due to port-forwarding and other nonsense. Finally did a crash course right before leaving 4chan. Totally worth it.

Vorark

Erudite
Absolutely amazing rate of progress. Since start of this year in mare 5 months my test case scenario Mario Oddysey went from 10% to 40% and with this update it should go toward something like 60-70% on my i5-3770k@4,5Ghz.

Truly remarkable, good thing the Switch was hacked so soon. Maybe in the not so far future Citra will even be able to run on my humble 4th gen i5.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
I still don't understand why one needs to emulate the switch. Apart the Mario shits that no one cares about, every switch game has a PC port. More precisely, almost every switch game is a port of a PC game.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
huge update to Yuzu coming. They reworked shader cache which gave them improved graphics accuracy and increased speed on a lot of games ALOT. For example for dude in video with unlocked framerate pokemon went from 90-100% to 200%. Mario Oddysey which is one of the most demanding games on system went from 60% to 95-100% in initial demanding area. Moreover they got timing system rework and some games can be capped lower than they should originally so games like Bayonetta 2 with 30fps cap should be completely playable with no slowdowns.

This release is for now locked to patreon but in a week it should be released to public. If you don't want to wait you can build yourself from github.

Let me rephareze it to you. Probably next biggest release on Switch Pokemon Sword and Shield will be better game on PC than on Switch lol. Nintendo on suicide watch.

Absolutely amazing rate of progress. Since start of this year in mare 5 months my test case scenario Mario Oddysey went from 10% to 40% and with this update it should go toward something like 60-70% on my i5-3770k@4,5Ghz.

bsod presentation:

Is the emulator mostly CPU or GPU-bound?

Perkel

Arcane
huge update to Yuzu coming. They reworked shader cache which gave them improved graphics accuracy and increased speed on a lot of games ALOT. For example for dude in video with unlocked framerate pokemon went from 90-100% to 200%. Mario Oddysey which is one of the most demanding games on system went from 60% to 95-100% in initial demanding area. Moreover they got timing system rework and some games can be capped lower than they should originally so games like Bayonetta 2 with 30fps cap should be completely playable with no slowdowns.

This release is for now locked to patreon but in a week it should be released to public. If you don't want to wait you can build yourself from github.

Let me rephareze it to you. Probably next biggest release on Switch Pokemon Sword and Shield will be better game on PC than on Switch lol. Nintendo on suicide watch.

bsod presentation:

Is the emulator mostly CPU or GPU-bound?

Mostly CPU like every other emulator.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I still don't understand why one needs to emulate the switch. Apart the Mario shits that no one cares about, every switch game has a PC port. More precisely, almost every switch game is a port of a PC game.

Pokemon and Zelda.

And Animal Crossing.

You are a man of shit taste.

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant

Pokemon and Zelda.

And Animal Crossing.

All of those franchises are boring week-old dogshit at this point.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet

Pokemon and Zelda.

And Animal Crossing.

A huge wave of RPG decline started when RPGs tried to copy these Skinner box experiments.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
if you want the "patreon only!!!" builds of emus, like the patreon-only builds of cemu and yuzu for example, you can get them in this discord: https://discord.gg/WrR2sYG

the members post download links for them as soon as they hit patreon in the respective sub-channels for the emus. and yes, the current yuzu build can be gotten there.

EDIT: oh, SMT 5 is going to be a Switch exclusive, and those never get ported to PC.

Perkel

Arcane
Yuzu patreon build with reworked texture cashe asyns shaders etc is available for download to all now. I will be testing it in a minute. Should give decent boost and fix a lot of graphical bugs, it should make some games completely playable..

Tested it, it doesn't seem like provide huge improvement for games i have.

ARMS have fixed UI and 30fps lock can make game completely playable
Mario Oddysey didn't change at all
Slain doesn't run at 2000% speed but now at 16% which seems like core timing is still something they are working on.
I will be testing more games...

Pokemon let's go performance increased a lot.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Can you please test the new Crash Team Racing?

Do i look like a hooker ?
CTR is new game so probably won't work because it requires latest firmware services which probably are not implemented yet.

It is better to ask on yuzu discord. For sure someone tested it already.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
There's a new Raspberry Pi coming, and it's supposed to be super powerful. Can't wait for emulator reviews. My 3B+ still struggles with N64 for some reason.

tet666

Augur
if you want the "patreon only!!!" builds of emus, like the patreon-only builds of cemu and yuzu for example, you can get them in this discord: https://discord.gg/WrR2sYG

the members post download links for them as soon as they hit patreon in the respective sub-channels for the emus. and yes, the current yuzu build can be gotten there.

EDIT: oh, SMT 5 is going to be a Switch exclusive, and those never get ported to PC.

Works for yuzu but cemu patreon builds have a custom online only drm the devs them self coded and no one is cracking it atm.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
good thing there is only one game worth playing on Cemu then, isn't it?

There's Smash Bros, Mario Kart, a Windwaker remaster, Super Mario 3D World, Xenoblade and Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

How about Super Mario Maker ? Is it worth playing without the online components ?

Puukko

Arcane
CXBX now has a third party plugin for upscaling games: https://github.com/Cxbx-Reloaded/Cxbx-Reloaded/wiki/dgVoodoo-Upscale-Method

I don't know how exactly it works, but I am pleased with the results with JSRF and I'd say I'm happy playing the game like this since that HD port doesn't seem to be coming. The game still seems to have an issue with displaying graffiti as black boxes in the editor but they seem to display correctly in the world itself.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom