Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Earth fit for games after asteroid hit

laclongquan

Arcane
Doomsday map of USA make for a nice apocalypse world in game.

Technically, it's a world hit by asteroid so hard it tilt Earth poles, generate heat to melt ice and raise sea level.

Mind you , Fallout 5 set in West Coast is about gone. Fallout New Vegas 2: Gone to Iowa barely works. Or you can set Fallout 5: Apocalyptic Pirate can work too.

USA.jpg

mapa_SouthAmerica.jpg

Europe gone to pieces
mapa_Europe.jpg

Greenland might work or not depend how the Earth tilt.
mapa_NorthenEurope.jpg

Asia change much
6-14-2017-8-51-04-AM.jpg

China and Russia were hit hard
mapa_China.jpg

Africa splinter literally
mapa_Africa.jpg

Australia is in three pieces
mapa_Australia-NewZealand-N.jpg

sser

Arcane
Developer
Yeah well asteroid you ain't taking my guns. You can pry them from my cold dead atomically disintegrated fingers.

laclongquan

Arcane
The idea is an ocean hit, not continental hit. because continental hit receive and retain much energy and transfer less to melt ice.

An ocean hit will transfer heat to melt ice.

Also it going to tilt the Earth, so it take time to ice up the new poles, and meanwhile it's warmed up to melt the old poles. So there's a period where much more water around than the past.

So yeah, if you setup bunker inland you have much time to move your stuffs to higher places, as it take much time to flood all those acreage (and much time to melt pole ice).

Unless you are eating that newly raised tsunami from the ocean hit. In which case you are going to be gone in one day or at most two.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Are you telling me that Sardinia's mountains which are lower than the Carpathians will be over the water while the Carpathians will be under the water !?

The map is retarded. Please don't post shit like this.

DeepOcean

Arcane
West Europe, New York and California underwater?

Now that is incline.

:incline:

Japan underwater?

NOOO! Where are my hentai girls?
:decline:

Morkar Left

Are you telling me that Sardinia's mountains which are lower than the Carpathians will be over the water while the Carpathians will be under the water !?

The map is retarded. Please don't post shit like this.

Don't you believe Science!? They even discovered Atlantis again...

Insert Title Here
The Atlantians were just waiting for Californians to go away, it all makes sense now.

This could be a cool setting though, Googling "climate change rpg" and related keywords brings up nothing. You'd think there'd be more meltpunk games or just media in general given it's the new scary thing like nukes during the Cold War and whatnot.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I'm in the Northeast U.S. so assuming the West coast idiots are actually wiped out and don't flood my town looking for handouts then it seems like a net positive.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
I live in Oklahomo, so for us the world ended back when FDR was passing out chickens for the pot. I've already got all the guns, storeable food, and backup power I need. At this point I need free time to enjoy the apocalypse.

Seriously though, if anyone's interested, we're selling land cheap here in the south, plus cost of living is way better than it is on the coasts. If you got the dough, I suggest a few acres in the southern/Tri-State area. Zombies, hipsters and SJWs don't fare well here.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Imagine the sheer amount of trash and rotten meat that'd be floating in the water. Not sure it'd be drinkable if you desalinate it. And then all fish goes belly up too. Not sure much life would survive it.

laclongquan

Arcane
For anyone that cant load the images, AND/OR care about the so-called source, it's the forbes article https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdob...nd-the-billionaire-escape-plans/#106650f44047

And the scenarios are asteroid hit the Earth so hard (in different places) the poles tilt and shift. With that kind of hit, maybe tectonic plate movement also possible. Thus can raise some of the lands from undersea. Thus Atlantis and Lemuria.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I live in Oklahomo, so for us the world ended back when FDR was passing out chickens for the pot. I've already got all the guns, storeable food, and backup power I need. At this point I need free time to enjoy the apocalypse.

Seriously though, if anyone's interested, we're selling land cheap here in the south, plus cost of living is way better than it is on the coasts. If you got the dough, I suggest a few acres in the southern/Tri-State area. Zombies, hipsters and SJWs don't fare well here.

How's the job market?

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS LOLOLLOL AN ASSTROID THAT HITS THE EARTH HARD ENOUGH TO TILT IT LOLOLOL HERE IS A MORE ACURRATE MAP

240_F_164146721_rPyoCuvN98wMHq5QbARP996ETWKq3hKl.jpg

Gerrard

Arcane
What retard made these maps? Sea levels raised by several kilometers?

If all the ice covering Antarctica , Greenland, and in mountain glaciers around the world were to melt, sea level would rise about 70 meters (230 feet)

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane

How's the job market?

Probably same as anywhere else. Though we do have lots available for energy market. Chesapeake, Devon, and others have lots to choose from - driving trucks, working oil fields, IT management, etc. Lots of gov work too, but I wouldn't suggest that anywhere unless you're already connected or desperate.

Now we're a med-weed legal state too. So if you wanna just slack off, get stoned and work a grass counter, there's that. But like I said, it's the cost of living. In some big coast city you'd need 3 waiter/fast food jobs to barely pay the rent. Out here your cash goes quite a bit farther. It's kinda like a domestic version of converting all your money and moving to some low rent Pacific island, only with less tropical views and a lot more cows.

Beastro

Arcane

The Colorado Rockies are mainly underwater and the Continental Divide is broken but most of Florida is still dry land?

This is silly as some maps like this I drew when I was like 11.

Last edited:

laclongquan

Arcane

The Colorado Rockies are mainly underwater and the Continental Divide is broken but most of Florida is still dry land?

This is silly as some maps like this I drew when I was like 11.

The intention seem to be tectonic plate of europe and/or africa push against north american plate thus raise up Atlantis and some eastern coast's terrain. Note Cuba get expansion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom