Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Danikas

Arcane
So, I've read around that Arasaka is the corp represented in that image. And Arasaka killed Silverhand
And that means they are V's enemies, what a great RPG.
Did you play the game? For all we know you can fuck Keanu over and suck Arasaka dick if thats what you want.

KK1001

Arbiter
The big C&C will break down to what happens to the following, with my guess at the sort of options you have in parentheses. I'm obviously less certain about these things than the big picture stuff.
1) Johnny Silverhand and your relationship with him (destroy/betray him, assume his memories or whatever, give him some sort of peace, enact his revenge, reunite him with his girlfriend, in some combination)
2) The Walled Off Internet and Alt Cunningham (moar viruses, corporate control, restoration in no one's hands)
3) Who rules specific parts of Night City and what happens to them? Outcome of a possible Militech-Arasaka corporate war? Which particular members of each of the corporations ends up ruling.

Hopefully there is more. V's fate could go a lot of ways too, and I'm hoping less obvious choices have repercussions down the line, but that's probably pretty doubtful outside of cosmetic differences.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Gerstmann's story is that he's spent the last 5 years desperately trying to virtue-signal to his friends that he's a good social justice ally.

He definitely leans Left. It would be almost impossible not to as a journalist in San Francisco, your career would be fucked if you didn't. He's not super actively annoying about it though, politics rarely come up on their quick looks and live shows and when they do it's usually a brief "yeah well everything sucks right now, anyway..." kind of thing. Maybe he's been more outspoken here and there and I've missed it, but that backs up the fact he's not super annoying about it. It's not like he's fucking Patrick Klepeck or Ben Kuchera or whoever else, not by a long shot.

frajaq

Erudite
Wait I'm reading some people say you can't choose your childhood hero anymore? Did I miss an interview with updated info about the initial character choices? If so :decline:

Danikas

Arcane
Wait I'm reading some people say you can't choose your childhood hero anymore? Did I miss an interview with updated info about the initial character choices? If so :decline:
Replaced with character origins you can pick: Street kid, Nomad or Corporate.

norolim

Arcane
Keanu hype was nice and all but I am too wondering if he'll be a nuisance after sometime. They did a similar thing in Hearts of Stone with Olgierd's bro's ghost but that was only one quest, whole game with a ghost woulda been insufferable... unless the ghost is some hot chick in scantily-clad clothes :P Damn, they shoulda switched Silverhand's and Alt Cunningham's roles.
rating_negativeman.png
But then they would have to hire a female star of the same caliber. The only one, I can think of, that is as universally liked as Keanu, is

Amy Schumer
2D0D520600000578-3258991-Animated_The_Emmy_winner_made_a_number_of_silly_faces-m-55_1443906392447.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I kind of want to upgrade my 1060 for this game, but I kind of also want to wait and see what the new consoles will do to PC graphics cards. Decisions, decisions...

damagedbrains

Novice
I kind of want to upgrade my 1060 for this game, but I kind of also want to wait and see what the new consoles will do to PC graphics cards. Decisions, decisions...
Its generally the other way around: PC graphics cards rather directs consoles. Its all ray tracing hype these days. nvidia rtx and an impending amd equivalent is pushing consoles to have all that raytracing nothingness. Cyberpunk 2077 will have raytracing support as well. But I'd wait than to splurge cash on rtx graphic cards. Its all hype and no substance up till now.

Zer0wing

Cipher
CPU: Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V, 2x16GB, 3000MHz, CL15
GPU: Titan RTX
SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB M.2 PCIe
PSU: Corsair SF600 600W
GPU and RAM are obviously an overkill to ensure the game won't crash, run with stable framerate and feature raytracing. It's ten months of a slow pace development (p. much confirmed a smooth release with minimal amount of bugs since there's no need to work in haste) away after all. But SSD is something one should consider already having since the game will take alot of space, more than The Witcher 3 for sure. As in, alot of data unpacking and firing from SSD to RAM and vice versa. Expect stuttering instead of loading screens if you have low RAM and HDD.
I also noticed how framerate in many games got stabilized after doubling the RAM to 16GB, especially open world games.

I doubt the game will need a *really* strong GPU, nvidia x60-x70 series should be enough. From gameplay snippet, one can see mirror reflections are simple cubemaps with questionable resolutions.

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
CPU: Intel i7-8700K @ 3.70 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V, 2x16GB, 3000MHz, CL15
GPU: Titan RTX
SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB M.2 PCIe
PSU: Corsair SF600 600W
If true that Titan is completely unnecessary, it provides 3% more performance for 100% of the price against 2080Ti.
According to digital foundry guy they saw the game running in 4K 30fps.
Hopefully the final version will run similarly to Metro Exodus, 1440p/60fps/ultra with RTX enabled on 2080Ti.

turkishronin

Arcane
The big C&C will break down to what happens to the following, with my guess at the sort of options you have in parentheses. I'm obviously less certain about these things than the big picture stuff.
1) Johnny Silverhand and your relationship with him (destroy/betray him, assume his memories or whatever, give him some sort of peace, enact his revenge, reunite him with his girlfriend, in some combination)
2) The Walled Off Internet and Alt Cunningham (moar viruses, corporate control, restoration in no one's hands)
3) Who rules specific parts of Night City and what happens to them? Outcome of a possible Militech-Arasaka corporate war? Which particular members of each of the corporations ends up ruling.

Hopefully there is more. V's fate could go a lot of ways too, and I'm hoping less obvious choices have repercussions down the line, but that's probably pretty doubtful outside of cosmetic differences.

V destroying the internet hub and plunging the world into dark age

Yosharian

Arcane

V destroying the internet hub and plunging the world into dark age

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Don't. Only upgrade after the game release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom