Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Nice, I've heard mixed things but for $20 I'll support that.

As for the IE games, I bought them all before Beamdog's versions came around so it matters little to me, but it's not like Bioware or Obsidian saw money from that shit anyway. All you're ever paying GOG for with an old game is the "legal" right to have the game and the ease of downloading it from their servers, plus maybe some compatibility work. In other words it's not like they took money out of Avellone's pocket and gave it to Oster. If you just don't want to give Oster 10 cents though, then whatevs.

Last edited by a moderator:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have both originals and enhanced in gog. If someone tells me how to pull codes for originals I'll share them in here. I should get iwd, bg1-2, pst
Yeah you can't pull codes for it.
I just found something though? If I go more->serial keys I get http://www.gog.com/redeem/XXXXXXXXX?pp=XXXXXXXX I assume that I can pass it over?

Ok guyz if one is willing to check if it works its time for another deterministic raffle. I might have originals to be redeemed on gog:
- iwd
- pst
- bg1
- bg2

to enter you must paste a ss showing some cringy romance mod from any of those. Ping Delterius if you need help with that.
Winner will be chosen by quick algo: <cheat code for 5 black dragons in hmm2> modulo <number of people wanting given game>
Then gimme iwd. Got the rest anyway.
images

Last edited by a moderator:

cosmicray

Savant
Not to mention that they actually listed themselves as THE developers of the game, instead of the original developers.
That really bugged me since I frequently filter by studio.
Btw, for a Linux version are EE okay? I'm not really into modding original Windows version via Wine.

Modron

Arcane
Ok guyz if one is willing to check if it works its time for another deterministic raffle. I might have originals to be redeemed on gog:
- iwd
- pst
- bg1
- bg2

to enter you must paste a ss showing some cringy romance mod from any of those. Ping Delterius if you need help with that.
Grunker should be able to help as well
:happytrollboy:

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Picked up Combat Mission BtB, Stalker COP, and Mount and Blade Warband at the last minute before the sale ended. Sale overall was meh, but can't beat getting almost 60 bucks worth of games for 15. Gotta help those poor Polish kids buy some more potatoes.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I bought the Pool of Radiance series. I like that the combat is a turn-based isometric game, even though exploration is blobber-like.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I bought the Pool of Radiance series. I like that the combat is a turn-based isometric game, even though exploration is blobber-like.
If you're going to play them, consider going with the FRUA conversion of Pool of Radiance, as the original lacks some convenience features like automatic reselection of spells to memorise on each rest, and the Fix command which fully heals all characters. The only downside that I'm aware of is that you won't be able to export your party to Curse of the Azure Bonds.
Disclaimer: I still haven't tried it myself, so this is second hand info.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron

Absolutely essential, imho for any Gold Box game:

http://gbc.zorbus.net/
The reason I don't like this is that the Fix command cheats and sets your HP and spell casts to max without simulating resting, i.e no chance of random encounters.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why is the fix command even included? I'm just not going to use it, it's basically cheating. Actually, a lot of these commands are cheating.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
The alternative is to rest, cast all your cure light wounds spells, rest again (reselecting CLW manually every time), cast all your CLWs, rinse and repeat. It's bloody annoying, and there's a reason SSI automated the process after the first game. You'd better hope for good rolls on your CLWs too, because healing a 40 hp fighter 1 hp at a time is not fun. You can use GBC's Fix if you're in an area free of random encounters, but otherwise yeah, it's cheating.

As for the rest of the stuff, GBC was made for GB veterans by GB veterans, and is sort og an all-in-one tool for surface level messing about with the engine, in addition to QoL features. Apart from that, it's a mod, period. That should suffice for an explanation. :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom