Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Vulpes

Scholar

I kinda agree with Goral, was there a reason we are playing a Thin Blood? I thought Thin Bloods would be a lot weaker than the pure vampires.

Considering that at the start of the video you can clearly see the sign for Potence in the lower left corner, I think it's safe to assume that the MC is a full vampire at that point of the game

Herumor

Scholar
No, what I and the press saw was the beginning of the game itself and I really wonder why Paradox haven't released that to the public yet. The press has spoiled it anyway...

Was the quality of animations significantly worse than what we saw in the gameplay demos we have viewed so far?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
thin bloods are the focus of the post "gehenna" metaplot
Not really, they're just much more clearly defined than previously. If there's any focus in the new basic set-up, it's just in moving things down to a much more street level situation, and crisis. Like I've mentioned earlier, the way things work has changed rather drastically in that Generation background is jettisoned and every PC is assumed to be either 13th Generation or Thin-Blood. The number of super-NPCs frolicking about was downsized and the playing field was leveled.

In regards to crisis, it's that everything is going tits up and things are being shaken up severely. (After all the Gehenna stuff was just "didn't happened", Gehenna is still on the cards and it's the Final Nights)

The Thin-Bloods are indeed OP with their unique disciplines. In PnP if you played 14th-15th gen you would have severly limited bloodpool, additional derangements/flaws but in return you had more points to spend on your attributes, disciplines and abilites. In Bloodlines 2 they get no downsides. I hope the gameplay showed high-level character and the story will offer you a chance for diablerie after a story-related Bloodhunt because otherwise well why bother with other clans if they are not in the focus.
BL2 Thin-Blood is basically just a set of abilities (or ability? I don't think it's clear yet if you can get only one of those disciplines or all three if you want) you apply before you select the Clan proper. But gist is that you start as Thin-Blood, and in short order slap a Clan on top of that, and gain two new disciplines while keeping the Thin-Blood one(s). My bet remains that you are only a Thin-Blood for the extended tutorial, and soon afterwards some sanctioned diablerie is arranged. Only other alternative would be some sort of mcguffin to lower generation (as discussed previously, the various Rituals for that are even more far-fetched than random new mystical item). The disciplines themselves are basically just things that are neat for vidya gameplay, so that's it in regards to them and why they're there.

Delterius

Arcane
Not really, they're just much more clearly defined than previously.
Couldn't you say that they are the focus of the metaplot as far as the american west coast is concerned?

The Americas are basically the chaotic shithole of the vampire world, with the Sabbat basically owning most of it and the Camarilla sieging and counter sieging their cities. Thinbloods in general tried for safety in numbers, notably in the west coast and in the greater LA region. With the Sword of Caine in particular and all the strongest vampires in general fucking off to fight in the middle east and the Camarilla becoming paranoid neets, the weakest vampires, the handful of elders who still resist the call of Gehenna and the thinbloods are sort of inheriting the domains.

Wesp5

Arcane
Was the quality of animations significantly worse than what we saw in the gameplay demos we have viewed so far?

No, while the overall video quality was bad due to the web session, I remember that I really liked Dale and the other NPCs were fine too. But then you only got to talk much to Dale, the beginning was a big scripted scene and the only other vampire you met died quickly ;).

Kem0sabe

Arcane
You fuckers thinking that having pre alpha slapped on gameplay footage means the game will look and play significantly better at release... Lol.

This shit is almost 1:1 what you gonna get at release. The alpha tag on it is only there to justify any community doubts about the footage.

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Piercings depend a lot on the face that "wears" them.
For example

Sexy-Girl-With-Right-Nostril-Piercing-Image.jpg
You can't say this goes bad on her. Of course anything probably wouldn't so yeah :P

Last edited:

Vibalist

Arcane
RPS's Bloodlines 2 video:

In this one the player actually manages to successfully deliver the data.

Wait. The player has 11000 dollars at the end of that video? Urgh, I predict another RPG where we'll be swimming in cash after the first area, making economy useless.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Wait. The player has 11000 dollars at the end of that video? Urgh, I predict another RPG where we'll be swimming in cash after the first area, making economy useless.
They're likely inflating the values for testing purposes. Balancing is done at the end.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
For example

You can't say this goes bad on her. Of course anything probably wouldn't so yeah :P
Some piercing may looks kind off sexy when they are 20,but can you imagine how they will look when they are older....say 50 year old hag with all the skin saggy and those holes.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
For example

Some piercing may looks kind off sexy when they are 20,but can you imagine how they will look when they are older....say 50 year old hag with all the skin saggy and those holes.
Afaik when removed, nose piercings close up pretty fast

*Apparently it'll be closed within a week or something - if it's an old piercing

typical user

Arbiter
For example

Unless you are Schwarzenegger you will look like an ass in your fifties piercings, tattoos or not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom