Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Christ almighty I think I can finally do a complete playthrough.

Decided to use two Lone Wolves (Fane / Red Prince). Having two less people to micro-manage has made combat much more enjoyable.

Can't wait to get Source spells like Bloodstorm.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Does lock picking skill increase somehow and depend on class, or as long as you have the skellington (no matter the spec), you can pick any locks?

Citizen

Does lock picking skill increase somehow and depend on class, or as long as you have the skellington (no matter the spec), you can pick any locks?

Skelly doesn't get bonus to lockpicking, he just doesn't use lockpicks to perform it. So yeah, you need one char with points in it to open the doors in the later acts. Absolutely not necessary to max lockpicking on skelly, though, 'cause there are lots of lockpicks in the game. Better give it to someone with stealth/invisibility spells to open guarded doors

About classes - as far as i get it they affect nothing, they are just a starting preset. Character system is completely classless, they don't even have any effect in dialogue options (or at least I haven't seen it), only tags matter

Turuko

Learned
it's dictated by the Thievery ability, that in turn is probably more useful for stealing stuff from everyone
not class or race based, if you don't want to use the undead for thievery just combine hammer + nails, you will get 4 lockpicks each time ( only nails are consumed)

Murk

Arcane
Are you just not reading skill descriptions and asking about it here?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Questions:
Need some help with companions.

I'm going to pick two chicks to romance, obviously. And then there's the choice between Fane and Red Prince.

I like Red Prince better, but I'll be roleplaying a chaotic character and may rob nobles, kill lizards indiscriminately if I feel like it, stuff like that. Is he going to take offense at this and leave eventually if I do this?

2. If I take that talent on Fane that heals you when you stand in a pool of blood, is it going to heal or damage him instead?

Turuko

Learned
2. If I take that talent on Fane that heals you when you stand in a pool of blood, is it going to heal or damage him instead?

yes he will heal, but undeads don't bleed when attacked
it's a good talent with an elf character that can use the self harm ability that create a pool of blod directly at the character's feet
and it's a flammable surface

Shrimp

Arbiter
I thought the healing you got from the Leech talent was negligible and required you to actively move around in the pool of blood in order to be healed by it. Did they change it or am I just misremembering how it worked?

Citizen

Questions:
Need some help with companions.

I'm going to pick two chicks to romance, obviously. And then there's the choice between Fane and Red Prince.

I like Red Prince better, but I'll be roleplaying a chaotic character and may rob nobles, kill lizards indiscriminately if I feel like it, stuff like that. Is he going to take offense at this and leave eventually if I do this?

1. Fane is actually related to main quest in a meaningful way (spoilers, yeah)

Red Prince's quest is meh, but he can summon dragons and shiet

2. Heal

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So... I made it to Bloodmoon Island with a party at level 9.

Made me appreciate the game a bit more. The location is interesting and you feel really way out of your league there. Sadly I didn't get murderized while sneaking around there.

Bought a level 15 armour, which is probably going to ridiculously unbalance the game.

Kudos to Larian for letting me do things like this.

Murk

Arcane
That Island is jam packed with stuff for how small it is, and just finding a way there is nice.

Haba did you try to get there via Ferryman before actually getting there? Why die when you get there when you can:

die before you get there.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Although I'm not a fan of the visuals Bloodmoon Isle is probably is one of my favourite parts of DOS2. I remember thoroughly going through every corner of the island on my second playthrough and being impressed by the sheer amount of hidden content I had missed during my first run. I like how exploring the island's background story reveals what essentially is the starting point for one of the game's major side stories.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
I have bought the game several days ago, because of boring. I started directly on honor mode with some kind of paladin build. Recruited the Red Prince, Fance and a girl character. Got killed by turtles on Fort Joy beach.

I have read the lone wolves build are powerful, and given the way this game force me to fill my backpack with all kind of shit, I said two characters are better than four inventory management-wise. I cut through Fort Joy like butter. I killed Alexandar in round 2 after turning him into chicken.

So now I am playing blind in iron man mode in Act 2 and the game is easy like pie. If you leave one character behind and explore with only one, who can flee in any situation, you can not simply lose in this game, right?

Anyway, my experience with the game so far is this: max the main attribute (for melee str and for ranged finesse) and wits. This way you start before all the mob and you can either flee or kill the most dangerous enemy in round 1 (the only skill that matter is Enrage)

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Can't beat the Alexander fight. And neither should I. They have more men, so they have more CC, and they have incredible AOE. My two seeker guys aren't doing shit.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
How do you get your collars removed? I removed ONE when I won the arena.

But then what? I see a guy on youtube beating Alexander using source abilities on all characters. Should I have found a way to remove the collars somehow? If I don't find it, will I be able to remove them later?

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected

But then what? I see a guy on youtube beating Alexander using source abilities on all characters. Should I have found a way to remove the collars somehow? If I don't find it, will I be able to remove them later?

- In the hideout of the Seekers you find a girl, than can take the collars away. But you have to do a quest for her (find Gareth).

- You lose the collar at the end of act 1 automatically, shortly before you leave the island around Fort Joy. A NPC will do that for you.

Murk

Arcane

Yes and yes.

Try talking to the young girl who is in the seeker camp who is always crying.

Also that fight seems hard at first, but you can definitely work around it. If you haven't seen it yet...

A huge void worm joins in round 2, and you can exploit the distraction as the Magister troops will mostly focus on him. I'd suggest you punk that winged magister on the very high top, and focus on keeping a high ground advantage. The weird Geist thing can _teleport_ up by doing the backstab ability if it has line of sight, but otherwise it can't go up ladders. Also, use the teleport spell to throw the enemy melee units around to buy time + cause physical damage.

I enjoy that fight a lot as it's a good test of what build you're running. I enjoyed doing single character lone-wolf runs in DOS2 quite a bit, and that's a good final test IMO (along with the black ring psycho in the cave).

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Try talking to the young girl who is in the seeker camp who is always crying.
- In the hideout of the Seekers you find a girl, than can take the collars away. But you have to do a quest for her (find Gareth).
I found and helped Gareth before I even found the camp.

And my character hates crying children, so he doesn't just strike up conversations with them.

Good thing I'll be able to remove them later, then, thanks for the info.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom