Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

turkishronin

Arcane
Swen should play Postal 2 for more ideas about interactivity
aGew0j6_700b.jpg

hexer

Harpers are on my black list because of Xzar.
He will be avenged!
Hopefully, that old fart Elminster will be killable this time around.

Anybody knows what race is this guy? It seems to be first, faint thread of the story that will carry over to "Descent to Avernus" and "Tides Infernal".

Looks to me like an Ogre Magi.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does this mean I’ll be able to make a build around throwing chairs?

Feat: Lightning woodworking.

Description: For a full action the character can choose to craft a chair (most likely stool), if necessary wood and tools are on hand.

Feat: Precise chucking of chair.

Description: +1 attack bonus with chairs. +2 damage in melee. +4 if thrown.

Circumstancial: If used with 2 hands apply 1.5 STR. If height is higher than 20 ft same bonus. These bonuses stack with each other.

:terminate:

Codex Year of the Donut
forgot about these things but I wonder if they'll make it into BG3
During ceremorphosis there's three possible outcomes:
the tadpole eats your brain and you become a mindflayer(most common)
the tadpole eats your brain but it retains your appearance(very uncommon)
the tadpole turns you into a mindflayer but you retain control(extremely uncommon, considered a myth) -- adversary

tCrkW4C.png

p 35, The Illithiad

there are other references(esp. Bruce Cordell's works) if anyone feels like tracking it down

Generic-Giant-Spider

I'm of the mind (LOL) that Illithids work better as an evil, unknown, sinister race that is capable of fucking your party up in ways never thought imaginable.

Less is more.

Stella Brando

Arcane
More info about throwing objects:

The spider raced across the chamber floor, the gray rope waving out behind it. Abdul leaped high, clearing a couch — with a quick wheel the fiend ran up the wall, and the strand, leaping off the floor like a live thing, whipped about the bhaalspawn’s ankle. He caught himself on his hands as he fell, jerking frantically at the web which held him like a pliant vise, or the coil of a python. The hairy devil was racing down the wall to complete its capture. Stung to frenzy, Abdul caught up a table and hurled it with all his strength. It was a move the monster was not expecting. Full in the midst of the branching black legs the massive missile struck, smashing against the wall with a muffled sickening crunch. Blood and greenish slime spattered, and the shattered mass fell with the table to the floor. The crushed black body lay among the flaming riot of tomatoes that spilled over it; the hairy legs moved aimlessly, the dying eyes glittered redly among the corn.

Thugra Khotan laughed awfully, and wheeling, caught up something that crawled loathsomely in the dust of the floor. In his extended hand something alive writhed and slavered. No tricks of shadows this time. In his naked hand Thugra Khotan gripped a black scorpion, more than a foot in length, the deadliest creature of the desert, the stroke of whose spiked tail was instant death. Thugra Khotan’s skull-like countenance split in a mummy-like grin. Abdul hesitated; then without warning he threw his chair. Caught off guard, Thugra Khotan had no time to avoid the cast. The legs struck around his heart and stood out a foot behind his shoulders. He went down, crushing the poisonous monster in his grasp as he fell. Abdul strode to the altar, lifting Edwina in his blood-stained arms. She threw her white arms convulsively about his mailed neck, sobbing hysterically, and would not let him go.

“Bhaal’s devils, girl!” he grunted. “Loose me! Fifty thousand men have perished today, and there is work for me to do—”

“No!” she gasped, clinging with convulsive strength, as barbaric for the instant as he in her fear and passion. “I will not let you go! I am yours, by fire and steel and blood! You are mine! Back there, I belong to others — here I am mine — and yours! You shall not go!”

He hesitated, his own brain reeling with the fierce upsurging of his violent passions. The lurid unearthly glow still hovered in the shadowy chamber, lighting ghostlily the chair-skewered corpse of Thugra Khotan, which seemed to grin mirthlessly and cavernously at them. Out on the desert, in the hills among the oceans of dead, men were dying, were howling with wounds and thirst and madness, and kingdoms were staggering. Then all was swept away by the crimson tide that rode madly in Abduls soul, as he crushed fiercely in his iron arms the slim white body that shimmered like a witch-fire of madness before him.

Last edited:

hexer

Ah, Faerun...the setting from which Warhammer has ripped off so much, and people never realized it.

I think they know but I doubt they care enough since FR ripped off plenty of high fantasy tropes from Tolkien... who in turn ripped of European folk legends.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom