Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
just in case, it might have happened you left something out, I'll update this whenever I remember:

PlayAllegiance 3 Ravnica Allegiance Packs
PlayRavnica 3 Guild of Ravnica Packs
PlayWarSpark 3 War of the Spark Packs
OneBillion 1 War of the Spark Pack

ParallaxPotion - Revitalize
SuperScry - Opt
FoilFungus - Deathbloom Thallid
ShinyGoblinPirate - Fanatical Firebrand
SparkleDruid - Druid of the Cowl

STARTERSTYLES
Luminous Bonds
Divination
Doomed Dissenter
Viashino Pyromancer
Llanowar Elves
Meteor Golem
Special Arena sleeve

OverTheMoon - Arlinn, Voice of the Pack
INNERDEMON - Ob Nixilis, the Hate-Twisted
SHIELDSUP - Teyo, the Shieldmage
WRITTENINSTONE - Nahiri, Storm of Stone

D9SLrF_XYAAx-qr

:deadtroll:

London mulligan rule going live the same time as M20 hits too, of course. So people can always have it in their opening hand.

just in case
i guess we are not getting codes for new starter decks like we were supposed to?
They might do that when rotation hits since they'll have to make new starter decks anyway. And given the current starter decks they'll probably sprinkle a tiny amount of goodshit from other existing sets in there, like one mythic a deck or something. And rotation comes with the set after M20 I think.

hey'll have to make new starter decks anyway
i thought they already did that? As in right now newbies are getting different starters than we did
I don't think so. They just rejiggered the "New player experience" by adding unlock-trees rather than giving you extra daily quests to unlock the starters and shit. So new players were getting the same cards/decks, they were just getting them in a different way (And getting the styles which were new, but that's what the starterstyles code is for).

I think that's a pretty cool card too. Your opponent will still be able to tutor something to the top of the deck (Since Ashiok only cockblocks deck searching on spells/abilities your opponents control, and you'd be triggering it from your own spell) but of course you can then just immediately mill over whatever your opponent put there. Still might be awkward with command the dreadhorde but fuggit.
M20 is gonna get released on Arena on July 2nd, so really goddamn close. Rotation hits and knocks pirates out around September or October which is when the next set after M20 should be arriving.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Scheming Symmetry would be much more fun as an instant:( and also the art reminds me of Medusa's snake dick ~

rx_005.png

Veil of Summer - now this is what I love: green giving blue an assdicking

Dragon Mage - combo with Narset!

M20 is gonna get released on Arena on July 2nd, so really goddamn close. Rotation hits and knocks pirates out around September or October which is when the next set after M20 should be arriving.
what about 2019? will we have both 2020 and 2019 for brief period?
Correct. It's weird but we'll have like 3 months with both M19 and M20 in standard.

spectre

Arcane
636964272796320141.png

This is interesting, I thought straight up protection from color was something we won't be seeing ever again, much less in a nublet-oriented coreset.
I also thought they'd be promoting Bo1 more, and the coreset has plenty of strictly sideboard stuff.

While I really don't like their recent love affair with planeswankers, it's actually starting to grow on me. Wonder what the rare lands will be.

Jason Liang

Arcane
kills Ravager and Walking Ballista in Modern.

Makes the foil Verdant Gearhulks I invested in last year very sad

spectre

Arcane
Yeah, a good chunk of the 2020 looks like sideboard galore. Wonder how it'll affect Bo1 drafting. I hated drafting 2019 with a passion, so eh.

On the other hand, it's nice to have a good bank of sideboard shit. People have been bitching about RDW, thought erasure, and pretty much everything.
They can now be told to fuck off and mull for Leyline of Sanctity

We can't be trusted to have proper wraths, but it makes a decent ersatz. Nice art, single line of text. Nice and clean. Good to have a final solution to the planeswanker problem.
636965564607152324.png

Seems like we're getting scrylands this time round. Can't say I'll be eagerly spending my rare WCs on those. Could have made this shit uncommon, or give us tri-colors.
636965668430160679.png

Seems like standard will start really slow post-rotation.

spectre

Arcane
Sheming Symmetry does look like an old timey tutor, would fit quite well in the old border. Most stuff by Seb McKinnon does.
I hope they use Kevin Walker's shit for something good for a change. I've always been a fan of this guy, and they use his shit for... fucking Carrion Imp. That this was barely limited-worthy.

Yeah, basic lands really aren't the same without Rob Alexander. I mean just look at this shit:
635032497229679104.jpg

Wew, those scrylands are really shit for being rares. Even after rotation and we lose the checklands I'm not sure people are going to give much of a damn about the scrylands. Color-hungry decks'll still run them over taplands, sure, but the benefit's so small there's no reason to craft them over guildgates. Like Spectre said they seem more like uncommons.

I'm most used to the old original land art just because that's what I've got fat stacks of. Still got lands from other old sets but the vast majority is unlimited/revised/4th edition from when I was first getting into paper, then less of later sets just because I leaned more toward boosters. The Ravnica lands are pretty shitty (Although they're consistent which is good for multicolor decks I guess) but like Spectre's example there is more enjoyable weird-land. I like 'em best when it's obvious what the land type is that's being depicted even if it's otherwise strange, like floating around in the sky. One notable exception is this island in standard though, just really fucking like it even though it's weird and doesn't even really show an island.

266.jpg

Huh. That's interesting but doesn't really seem worth it. If it let you take 3 mana of any color combination then you'd be cooking with gas, probably too much gas, but seems a little fucky. I guess there are a fair few cards in M20 that interact with graveyard land though so maybe there's something there.

0e013033-3995-4ba8-b0c3-0614c79aaaab.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom