Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Heard a rumor that someone is holding a gun to the back of Kasparov ’s head when he posts on the codex. If he doesn’t maintain the illusion that this isn’t vapourware... Bang! Bang!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It was vaporware from day one.

smoking-weed.jpg

Molina

Savant
According to a French journalist, it seems that the first part is really perfect. But it's only perfect because they did it 50 times, which is not the case for the rest of the game. So to avoid a Torment, well they keep working on it. (and Robert Kurvitz seems to be a fucking perfectionist from hell).

Tigranes

Arcane
The obvious reason for why it is so late is because they are also trying to put Keanu Reeves into their game. He is going to be playing a gun ho detective that you get to call to help you once per game. But you have to kill his dog first. And if you don't manage to make it look like the bad guys did it, he kills you first.

Nah, I say they're gunning for Nicholas Cage. Which seems more perfect the more I think about it. Especially now that Keanu is mainstream again, you gotta have something for the hipster target audience to enjoy.

Actually, given that people accidentally realised Nick Cage is one of the best faces for creating deepfakes.....

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
The obvious reason for why it is so late is...

... because they are going back and forth. It's obvious they are questioning design decisions and making stuff up along the way.

Should have stuck with the original vision of the game.

Saduj

Arcane
According to a French journalist, it seems that the first part is really perfect. But it's only perfect because they did it 50 times, which is not the case for the rest of the game. So to avoid a Torment, well they keep working on it. (and Robert Kurvitz seems to be a fucking perfectionist from hell).

That’s an approach that works well. Look what Axl Rose did with “Chinese Democracy”. My mom’s favorite album!

vortex

Fabulous Optimist

Make the game like Divinity: Original Sin with better humour and writing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom