Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Final Fantasy 15 was a mediocre disappointment.

IceyD

Scholar
It plays like a tech demo and in that respect it's a pretty cool one. As a finished game though it's a real mess. Tabata was in over his head.

Yosharian

Arcane
Final Fantasy has been a complete shitshow since 13. Why is this news?
Shrug. I just found the video interesting. Not 'news' per se.
In what way?
Well, I feel like I never really watched a video or read an article that really savaged the game the way I think it deserved. It has generally good reviews, and reasonably decent user reviews. Yet I feel that this game is really trash. This video scratched an itch I had, I guess.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

FFXV was thoroughly mediocre, but I consider this predictable rather than a "disappointment" given that FFXII and FFXIII were horrendous failures and that FFXV itself had been trapped in 'development hell' for so many years. Hajima Tabata deserved credit for at least salvaging something playable from the trainwreck of FFXV's development but was instead forced out of Squaresoft SquareEnix for his trouble.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I enjoyed 15 a lot more than I enjoyed 12 or even the non Blitzball bits of 10 really, even if it was much less of an RPG

Swigen

Arbiter
The game was frustrating ‘cause there were a lot of great ideas amidst all the bullshit. I’d be happy for FF16 if they returned to that setting, just knocked it off with the mmo fetch quests, fixed the gay battle system, quit having magitek soldiers drop on your head every 2 minutes, dropped quests that relied on RNG, wrote a coherent story and not spread important plot points over 4 different types of media formats.

Also actually put Hugo Reyes in the game. I’m sure that guys got nuthin going on.

hexer

The biggest failing for me was that the world was non-interactive and the sidequests were mostly FedEx.

l liked the main story a lot and Gladio is a bro - he has tattooed arms and back like me.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I can't wait for Final Fantasy XVI because I am _certain_ they will find another new, unexpected way to be disappointing.

Final Fantasy : never surprising, always unexpected.

Goi~Yaas~Dinn

Savant
I can't wait for Final Fantasy XVI because I am _certain_ they will find another new, unexpected way to be disappointing.

Final Fantasy : never surprising, always unexpected.
It really is the corporate version of hate-watching somebody on Youtube. I tune in for the career body-count.

Hassar

Scholar
Honestly, this was one of those games where there was no false advertising at all. It looked like a fail in terms of total game but seemed to nail the idea of having a core group of friends traveling together like a concept game. I thought this would be decline before I even played it and was proven right pretty quickly playing through Demo #2 or 3.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
IMPERIALS ABOVE US!!!!!!!!!!!

OVERHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HEAR A MAGITEK ENGINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom