Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Legacy - workshop industrialist sim from Peter Molyneux

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
His last good game was Syndicate about 50 years ago.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Meanwhile Demis Hassabis is swimming in Google money. Sometimes there are happy endings.

OndrejSc

Full Auto
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
y2iXLsu.jpg

Marshall Applewhite, Heaven's Gate cult leader

MEsFk6r.jpg

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It must have been a lot harder to recruit cult members when you had to send them a VHS tape instead of a youtube link.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
He's baaaaaaaaack: https://www.redbull.com/int-en/tv/video/AP-1Y2VQBXV52111/building-legacy

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...n-workshop-tinkering-industrialist-sim-legacy

Peter Molyneux shares first details on workshop-tinkering industrialist sim Legacy

Peter Molyneux's 22Cans studio has shared first details on its latest game, a sort of creativity-focussed, workshop-tinkering industrialist sim called Legacy.

Legacy is 22Cans' fourth title - following on from the fairly well-received hiking oddity The Trail, the ill-fated Godus, and the largely inexplicable cube-prodding weirdness of Curiosity - and its unveiling comes via a lengthy, if somewhat light on detail, video reveal from Red Bull Gaming, which you can see below.

In the video, Molyneux explains that Legacy is inspired by his first-ever game, The Entrepreneur - a sim, released in 1984, about growing a business. Legacy considerably fleshes out that early idea, initially casting players as small-time inventors squirrelled away in a garage workshop.

What follows appears to be a game of two distinct, but interlocking halves - the first, unfolding directly within the workshop, focussed on creative freedom. Here, players are able to combine various pre-fabricated building elements to create anything that takes their fancy - whether that be a toy bear, a telephone, or something more outlandish. At a certain point, however, Legacy shifts gears and turns into something more closely resembling an industrialist sim.

Once those early inventions begin to sell in sufficient numbers, players will need to start focussing on expanding their business empire, hiring workers, securing resources, and building factories to keep up with public demand. Eventually, certain moral conundrums will emerge, forcing players to make decisions about whether they're a good employer or bad employer as they climb the ladder toward corporate supremacy.

jpg

A view from outside your workshop (Source: Nintendo Life).

And that's pretty much all that's been revealed so far. As such, it's kind of hard to get a sense of Legacy's final form, and whether it's aiming more toward novelty tinkering, richer business sim, or some strange spot in-between. Its basic premise sounds solidly appealing though, and its bold, colourful art style is a delight. Hopefully the underlying game can do both justice.

There's no release date for Legacy yet, but early word seems to suggest it's aiming for launch on PC and mobiles first, with other platforms to follow.

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Meanwhile Godus is still abandoned, no updates since 2016. Don't give a single shekel to this fucker and 22scams

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm still trying to figure out the title of my biography of him. It's gonna be Legacy of Betrayal or something like that.

OndrejSc

Full Auto
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'm still trying to figure out the title of my biography of him. It's gonna be Legacy of Betrayal or something like that.

Or: "Molyneux Le Gacy"
Also: "The Other Molyneux"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom