Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Not having children is too gamey IMO. How many rulers IRL stopped having children (let alone stopped fucking) because they were worried about inheritance?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I already reformed and changed to Gavelkind, so no kingdom splitting there.
I've already developed Viken quite a bit. I'll try to make Vestendlet into a secondary duchy, but I am going to have to find a way to make duchy titles my other sons without Gavelkind giving them like 5 demesne across 2 duchies, which is something it likes to do.
I have to grant a duchy title to someone who has a county in a duchy, right?

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
My only border I shared with people who werent catholic were either byzantines or a confused russian wilderness of half romuva converts, straggling suomenks and cath/iconoclasts. Was a slaughter.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
So...I miss clicked and I made my Grandson the Fylkir. How do I get it back? Normally I wouldn't mind, however from my experience playing as Slavs if I let the AI be the head of religion the idiot is going to call for suicidal holy wars and tank the moral authority.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Can't appoint as commander, he's like 5. Apparently if I land him, and then revoke his land, I'll get it back. I don't know why they consider Duchies a lower title. It happened because I wanted to give the brat Iceland and I clicked send instead of view lower titles.

Revocation doesn't work. It really annoys me that they would give you the option to give a title away but not revoke it if you made a mistake. That's just shit design.

Last edited:
Don't think ever starting that big is going to be interesting unless you have some exceptional self restraint beyond normal human limits.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yeah, I find starting as King or Emperor to be boring. The only exception is Byzantine, as starting as a Count or Duke is boring due to lack of growth and you can go straight to reforming the Roman Empire.
Starting as an independent Duke and working up to Emperor is much better.

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Is there a way to search specific characters? How do you find dwarves to abduct lol

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Ok, what is with the AI and retarded declaration of Wars? I've had my vassals pick fights with the Holy Roman Empire and declare small holy wars against feudal slavs who are surrounded by other feudal slavs, so of course they get overwhelmed. Does the AI not know how to do math?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
So...my Fylkir declared a Great Holy War against France, which in my previous games as a Slav was a bad idea.
This time though I won. I dunno how I won, but I think its because of Jomsvikings. I now have 142 lands over my demesne limit, and I have no idea what to do with the king title. I don't have charlemagne, so I can't make a custom empire.

Is it a good idea to give a feudal kingdom to secondary son? I'm worried he might declare a claim war against my primary heir.
Alternatively, I'm tempted to give it a zealot (related, of course) so he can make a holy norse empire.

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Keep trying to beat the abbassids as Karel and reform Persia/restore Zoroastrianism - omg - Doing grea: samanids are fucked, Khan loves me, money in the bank. OK Abbassids declared war its go time. Fight them with river bonus andddd just win. But at cost of my Satrap who I - like a fucking fool - get to duel their commander (1 duel ability more). Ok fuck. Beat the abbassids again but have to let go of my mercenaries. Do some conquering while abbs regroup and get to 99% warscore. Then have to watch their blob take attrition from my castles a little more as they return just before I can enforce demands.
Then
LoL
Little sister who is rumoured to be spawn of Satan - mobad says actually shes cool, have 100 piety for asking my opinion tho- starts murdering my siblings. uhhh, ignore it and hope for best cause im fighting abbs and its like razors edge still. Finally come of age after a few more sibling incidents and regroup, buy more mercs and get ready to fight. Sister fucking renders me incapable (needle to the face) and I die soon after transferring titles to my half cousin or somefuck who is imprisoned by the Abbassids. - GG

Like 10th try to reform Persia.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Lol what. That never happened to me.

So I had to abandon my Viken game after the game decided to make my ruler a pox ridden lunatic who everyone hates. After seeing every noble start a faction to put some other asshole on the throne who's not my heir, and after I fucked up by making a kingdom of sakala instead of a duchy, I thought "yeah no, this is unsalvageable" and decided it would be better if I just restarted, except with fewer fuck ups. Second run is actually going better than the first. Got more territories, stayed as Fylkir this time and won a few smart holy wars to get that MA up before the AI can go full retard and slam their dicks against Pomeralia and East Francia.

Seriously, what is with the AI's fixation on stupidity?

- Marrying 45 year old women, thereby insuring no heir
- Trying to put some no name asshole on the throne, even though my family has been doing great for generations
- Suicidal wars
- Secret Societies being so god damn annoying without certain DLC that you might as well leave it off

Its as if the AI is designed to piss off the player. Having to micromanage every NPC so they don't fuck everything up is really aggravating. If paradox wanted to simulate the conditions for tyranny, they succeeded, because I just want to execute them all and rule the country myself so I don't have to deal with their dumb shit.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I really don't understand the tyranny penalty for execution. If he's a traitor, shouldn't I be allowed to strip all titles and execute for free? That's how it was back then, wasn't it?
I pretty much have to just keep him in prison and let him slowly starve to death, which is a pretty fucked up way of killing someone. Execution would be less cruel.

Mikeal

Arcane
Lol what. That never happened to me.

So I had to abandon my Viken game after the game decided to make my ruler a pox ridden lunatic who everyone hates. After seeing every noble start a faction to put some other asshole on the throne who's not my heir, and after I fucked up by making a kingdom of sakala instead of a duchy, I thought "yeah no, this is unsalvageable" and decided it would be better if I just restarted, except with fewer fuck ups. Second run is actually going better than the first. Got more territories, stayed as Fylkir this time and won a few smart holy wars to get that MA up before the AI can go full retard and slam their dicks against Pomeralia and East Francia.

Seriously, what is with the AI's fixation on stupidity?

- Marrying 45 year old women, thereby insuring no heir
- Trying to put some no name asshole on the throne, even though my family has been doing great for generations
- Suicidal wars
- Secret Societies being so god damn annoying without certain DLC that you might as well leave it off

Its as if the AI is designed to piss off the player. Having to micromanage every NPC so they don't fuck everything up is really aggravating. If paradox wanted to simulate the conditions for tyranny, they succeeded, because I just want to execute them all and rule the country myself so I don't have to deal with their dumb shit.

Dude I feel, I feel so much. My son can be successor of Hispania, King of Greece, Anatolia, Africa and Egypt, and still marry pox ridden old hag. I've never killed so many thots and babbies to keep my line prestigious.

I really don't understand the tyranny penalty for execution. If he's a traitor, shouldn't I be allowed to strip all titles and execute for free? That's how it was back then, wasn't it?
I pretty much have to just keep him in prison and let him slowly starve to death, which is a pretty fucked up way of killing someone. Execution would be less cruel.

This is how medieval kingdom works.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom