Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The new DeusEx are pretty meh. Also the last one was filled with SJW garbage "aug life matter" :). Also it was half a game,it had like 4 missions. The hub city was pretty cool tho. Really enjoyed killing all the aug retards. Another thing was how it didn't make any sense in the context of the first new DX. In the first one only the very rich and powerful could afford aug,it was luxury good. Then it the second game all the augs end up as downthrown beggars,it doesn't make any sense.
my biggest eh is i don't buy their reason how augmented people became poor, downtrodden hobos. it just doesn't make sense.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Because the big incident that made people fearful of augs, and then you have the cost of the medicine. Not the easiest to provide for that when you are shunned by society.

Codex Year of the Donut
The new DeusEx are pretty meh. Also the last one was filled with SJW garbage "aug life matter" :). Also it was half a game,it had like 4 missions. The hub city was pretty cool tho. Really enjoyed killing all the aug retards. Another thing was how it didn't make any sense in the context of the first new DX. In the first one only the very rich and powerful could afford aug,it was luxury good. Then it the second game all the augs end up as downthrown beggars,it doesn't make any sense.
my biggest eh is i don't buy their reason how augmented people became poor, downtrodden hobos. it just doesn't make sense.
do you realize how many homeless junkies there are that used to be well off?
if not, take a trip to seattle and probably hire some personal security while you're there

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Because the big incident that made people fearful of augs, and then you have the cost of the medicine. Not the easiest to provide for that when you are shunned by society.
Yep. The incident made it so that hardly anyone is willing to hire augs for anything, and then add on top of that the price of medicine, and add on top of that Tai Yong Medical essentially becoming a monopoly after all their major competitors died (resulting in the profiteering that's inevitable in such a situation).

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The situation with the oppressed augmented in Eidos Montreal's Deus Ex games doesn't really make sense so don't overthink it, but I think the general idea of it is that many of them are indentured blue collar workers augmented by their employers to work on titanic construction projects like Hengsha and Panchaea.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It is not like their whole family wealth just evaporated in a instant,also there is a lot of other family members. The whole plot was just some forced sjw garbage. The whole shit didn't make a lick of sense being a prequel to DX. In the original only few military people were getting augmented and not every fucking peasant with a few shekels to his name.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
do you realize how many homeless junkies there are that used to be well off?
if not, take a trip to seattle and probably hire some personal security while you're there
If it was set only in the liberal hellhole sure,but it was represented as world wide shit. Also the drug was not needed by everyone from what i remember.

The Real Fanboy

When the love's still there
g0gRYio.png
g0gRYio.png
g0gRYio.png
g0gRYio.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Avellone also preemptively apologized for retweeting the Landis gif. :roll:

Guy's just a regular jerk, he's not some predator.

Flou

Arbiter
Fucking Twitter. You can't post anything there without upsetting someone. These people are just on Twitter to get upset about stuff, that's their whole damn existance. "Ooh, wrong meme. Apologize!"

Quillon

Arcane
I revise my statement that "Real life is leftist dystopia" to "Twitter is leftist dystopia" :P

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Pillars would certainly be an unannounced project unless they're doing console port work.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Pillars would certainly be an unannounced project unless they're doing console port work.

We already knew theres at least three teams currently. That side fits.

So which on of those two is working on whatever the next Pillars title is and who's working on the *unannounced* project.

- Matthew Perez project
- Adam Brennecke project

Flou

Arbiter

We already knew theres at least three teams currently. That side fits.

So which on of those two is working on whatever the next Pillars title is and who's working on the *unannounced* project.

- Matthew Perez project
- Adam Brennecke project

I would say Perez is the lead on Pillars 3 and Brennecke is leading the Unreal Engine game. Adam has been working on Pillars for so long, that surely they've moved him from that to bigger/different things.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom