Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Project Temple+ * RELEASED *

Endarire

Scholar
Your party size at character creation is between 1 and 8. I've used T+ to play solo and duo groups. The PC/NPC party count is dynamic instead of a fixed 5-max count of PCs and 3-max count of NPCs.

Yes, I know, but I don't like that. I prefer to play the game with a fixed 5-max party count as it originally was designed to play. I just asked for making the 8 count party group as an option in the Temple+ config. I know I can still play with a 5 count party group, but people who play the game for the first time think they have to add all 8 characters and this isn't the original experience. Where's the problem to make 8 count party as an option?

And is the game easier/harder when playing with more/less characters?

And what you could also improve for the next version is an integrated option to change the font size and maybe also scale the UI dependent on the used resolution. That would be more comfortable than editing and copying files into folders. I already edited the font size to 14, but the discription of the character creation screen is unreadable, because the UI screen is too small for the font.

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Hello Temple+ Team!

Thank you so much for your mod. Previously I was trying Co8 Modpack, but I didn't like it. Your mod is much better. I'm using the german version and wants to retain my german texts, so Temple+ is barely compatible with the translation. But only some texts were changed. Can you please tell me which text files were changed by Temple+? That would me help to translate them back.

There is only one thing I absolutely dislike about the mod. You changed the party number from the original 5 to 8. I noticed you must not use all 8 characters, but I think this "feature" totally destroys the original experience. Can you please make it as an option in the Temple+ configuration? I want the game to have 5 characters by default - as it was always meant to be played.

Thank you. Looking forward to the next great update.
Hi,
The altered text files are inside the .dat archives. You'll have to unpack them, and place the modified files in the override folder. For more info see the Modding Wiki.

Noted on the PC count. It's already optional, but currently requires tweaking the ini file, and isn't reflected in the GUI itself (should be easy to fix). Honestly I agree the game is better balanced with 5 PCs, where if you take NPCs into your party you get less loot due to NPC looting. Too bad it was so horribly implemented. I may revisit this one day.

Regarding UI scaling, unfortunately this is not so simple and will require a ton of work to rewrite the whole UI.

Thank you, Sitra Achara!

I hope the next version will fix the PC count UI reflection when making the 8 count party as an option.
For the UI scaling: have you played the Gothic games? They had the same problem unless the "SystemPack" (you can compare it with Temple+ for Gothic) have an auto scale function and an option to scale the UI via an ini count. Maybe this is only a coding work and not rewrite the UI itself. But I'm not a programmer, it's only my assumption and I know, games behave very different.

Now I look what I can do to translate the files to german.

Thank you again!

So, okay I have unpacked the .dat archives. But I can't find the file where NPC health state is contained. For example when you look at a NPC you can see his name and his health state, normally "Unscathed". The NPC health state is one of these things that is in english after Temple+ installation. I searched for "Unscathed" in all the files, but found only one in the "tooltip_ui_strings.mes". So I translated it, but still no change in game. I also replaced the original file, because placing the file in override/data/mes/ did also not work. What did I wrong?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
So, okay I have unpacked the .dat archives. But I can't find the file where NPC health state is contained. For example when you look at a NPC you can see his name and his health state, normally "Unscathed". The NPC health state is one of these things that is in english after Temple+ installation. I searched for "Unscathed" in all the files, but found only one in the "tooltip_ui_strings.mes". So I translated it, but still no change in game. I also replaced the original file, because placing the file in override/data/mes/ did also not work. What did I wrong?
It's overrides, not override.

Also you don't need the /data subfolder, it should be overrides/mes/

Edit: looking at the file, it looks like the only thing that's changed is the "Requirements:" line for the Magic Arms and Armor UI. I can change it to look it up from another file without altering the native text file.

Last edited:
Thanks for your effort. Okay, maybe I had it in the wrong folder, but I also replaced the original file in the Temple+ root directory and even this doesn't change anything. So there must be another altered language file. Thank you for looking. I hope you find it.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
You are mistaken, that is the file, and I verified myself that placing it in the overrides as above does the job.

I'm also unclear sbout what you mean by original file - did you repack the .dat file and replace it in the Temple+ app folder or did you replace the tooltip strings file in your ToEE folder? The latter won't work.

Temple+ contains the file twice. One in the .dat archives and one in tplmes folder. It's the exact same file. But great, if you found where I was mistaken, then I'll look if it does the job now. Thank you. I'm now playing the game and collect some bugs I experience.

Last edited:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Just want to say I got it working, thanks. Now I have to translate everything.
Great.
The file in tpmes was unused by the way.
As mentioned I'll remove the tooltip strings file for next version, as it's only needed for a single line so I can grab it from elsewhere.
Do you intend to translate anything else?

Yes, I want to translate everything that is altered by Temple+
I already have the full translation of Patch 2.

I just wonder how difficult the game is. My group is still level 1 and I don't know how to survive the enemies. I can't solve any quest and don't know how I should beat the game. I want to play so gladly, but I have absolutely no plan what I should do.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I just wonder how difficult the game is. My group is still level 1 and I don't know how to survive the enemies. I can't solve any quest and don't know how I should beat the game. I want to play so gladly, but I have absolutely no plan what I should do.
You can always hire Elmo, he can carry you through the early game almost single handedly.

I already have him in my group. Yes, he is the best of my group, but I've still problems killing the enemies. As I started the game there is no "easy" difficulty setting, only "normal" and "heavy". I would like when Temple+ could add an optional easy setting. Easy still does not mean easy. For me easy would be possibly still too difficult, but I would at least have a better chance to proceed the game. Enemies makes too much damage, can't be killed with one hand weapons, only with stone thrower or arrows. Sorry for my english. I hope you understand what I mean. I have to look to buy better armors and weapons for my little ore. I managed to kill two spiders in the forest. But now the enemies are way too strong!

That's so sad, because I like the game for the atmosphere, the world design and quests.

Last edited:
I played the game long enough on 1920x1080 with bigger fonts, but the text formation in the discription screens is unreadable. This happens because the UI does not scale up to that resolution. So I decided to play in 1280x720 with standard font. This is the best way you can actually play the game. Also the dungeons looks a bit more immersive when everything is greater. Higher resolutions just zoom out instead making the image sharper.

I also noticed Temple+ must have incompatibilities with some german letters like ä,ö,ü,ß in NPC names. But some of these letters are displayed correctly, some not.

I attempted to install Temple+ last night, but I got an error with "Update.exe" which caused the installation to fail almost immediately. Is this a common error with a known solution?

zapotec

Liturgist
The Natural Amulet +3 made by Craft Wonderous Item feat has super low exp and gold requirements.

Thomas Evans

Novice
The Natural Amulet +3 made by Craft Wonderous Item feat has super low exp and gold requirements.
It's also a worthless item. Barkskin lasts longer than other, more crucial buffs, and only takes a 2nd level spell slot (Druid, or Clerical/Plant Domain). Also, that amulet slot could be used for WIS or CON boosts.

Salk

Novice
Patron
Hello, Sitra Achara!

I hope everything is fine there for you. It's been quite some time since your last post.

I just take the opportunity to wish you and your team a merry Xmas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom