Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

PrettyDeadman

People thought that suffragette and labour movements in early 20th century setting of Vampyr is made up sjw bs...
Do you really doubt they will find "problematic" content in bl2?

The Real Fanboy
This so fierce!!! A former Bloodlines 1 dev is posting in the Bloodlines 2 resetera thread (I mean they say they worked on Bloodlines 1 so maybe be like a little sus since it could be total lies...but it seems legit!)

KaiLeng (resetera user) said:
Well at least dancing is still the same, lol. I read that it was actually put into the first game in one day, without approval from Activision execs. And that when they showed it to them, they were furious Troika did something like that. Although it was decided to leave it in the game after all obviously.

platypotamus (Bloodlines 1 dev) said:
Can confirm. My job got threatened over it. Though it went in overnight, so arguably two days, depending on your counting methodology.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/va...ox-hardsuit-labs.106909/page-51#post-21771408

Wait wait wait, holy shit, what. You are the Troika dev that put the dancing in!? I'm getting all Knox in here, big props for that, man.

Just PC dancing interaction... well, that's what this story refers to anyway. It wasn't quite a solo job, needed minor programming support and some art support for the "funk bomb" icon, but yeah that was me.

I was eating some Costco pizza with the programmer who provided that support kinda later in the evening one day, and the lead designer came by and lamented that it was sad the player couldn't dance. We both told him no, it was too late (this was maybe 2 weeks, maybe a month before we went gold, tops?).

After he walked away, we both kind of at the same time went "ya know..." and came up with a plan to reuse the bomb planting tech from the warehouse and just call different anims :)

I had it working in game sometime after midnight, and I think before Activision had even seen it a few days later someone at trike said that instead of the dance floor getting packed for nosferatu, it should clear out, and I added that little script.

Then they found out we added a new "feature" when we were supposed to be locked down and they got super mad. Can't really blame them tbh

https://www.resetera.com/threads/va...ox-hardsuit-labs.106909/page-51#post-21775523

How do you feel about the new game? Or are you working on it by chance?

No I'm not working on it, tho I think I'd have a shorter commute if I were. I bet world of darkness Seattle will have less awful traffic than real Seattle.... still, I think we were nuts for trying to do Vampire when we did. Now? With how expensive games are to make? These folks are brave folks indeed...

Of course, I'm still excited the game is finally happening! I was going to say that I'm looking forward to seeing how different it is from the plans back in the day, but I dont remember much about them aside from the planned locations. Seattle wasn't one, but mitsoda hadn't been living up here for like a decade yet... (and I don't wanna say anything else here for fear of accidental spoilers)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/va...ox-hardsuit-labs.106909/page-52#post-21793776

The dancing in Bloodlines 1 was soo extra I'm really happy they got it in the game! Cute history lesson
QSGbFWI.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Troika thought they were going to do a sequel. :lol:

I slaughtered the whole of Cesar's Legion and then I could let the boss go and he did it without a fight?

:hmmm:

A smart person, upon seeing a lone person slaughter dozens of people, knows to walk away when given the chance.

(you also don't have to slaughter anyone, one can finish New Vegas without killing anyone)

Okagron

Prophet
You also need 100 speech to not fight Lanius, that's a reward for fully investing into it.

Wesp5

Arcane
There's another cute gameplay vid!
And once again, the person playing is jumping down the ledge to the lower floor instead of taking the goddamn stairs. Ffs.

If this was a Paradox employee showing the same demo off the whole day to one journal after the other, maybe he just wanted to use shortcuts to be faster ;). Like he is never exploring anything in the demo and often uses jumps or climbs to cut corners! This time there are cars visibly driving in the distance and it's also cool to see Chiopteran in action for a change...

Wesp5

Arcane
A smart person, upon seeing a lone person slaughter dozens of people, knows to walk away when given the chance.

From what I remember of Cesar's Legion, walking away after failing would mean being hunted and tortured to death...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
From what I remember of Cesar's Legion, walking away after failing would mean being hunted and tortured to death...
Military failures sure, but Caesar can listen to reason (it's also possible you've already killed Caesar in which case Lanius is the guy in charge so there's no one who would even reprimand him)

Wesp5

Arcane
Military failures sure, but Caesar can listen to reason (it's also possible you've already killed Caesar in which case Lanius is the guy in charge so there's no one who would even reprimand him)

In that case it would be very stupid of the player to let him go to come back later with a new army. Like James Bond not killing Blofeld in the last movie, but all the other people who only did their guard jobs! Deadpool got it pretty much right...

Okagron

Prophet
In that case it would be very stupid of the player to let him go to come back later with a new army. Like James Bond not killing Blofeld in the last movie, but all the other people who only did their guard jobs! Deadpool got it pretty much right...
He will not come back because you convince him by saying that the Caesar's Legion will have the same problem the NCR has: trying to hold too much territory. It's also safe to assume Caesar will die very soon because of the tumor (and that is if you don't kill him yourself). With his death and Lanius leaving the Legion, the whole faction is pretty much gone.

Wesp5

Arcane
With his death and Lanius leaving the Legion, the whole faction is pretty much gone.

Yeah, and Lanius himself will suddenly turn into a peaceful farmer after what he has done for the Legion...

Okagron

Prophet
Yeah, and Lanius himself will suddenly turn into a peaceful farmer after what he has done for the Legion...
Who knows? Could have led a peaceful life, be killed by other legionnaires that saw him giving up as betrayal and other things that could have happened. Killing him after telling him to give up seems like a waste. If you are just gonna kill him anyway, then don't waste time trying to convince him to stop.

Wesp5

Arcane
If you are just gonna kill him anyway, then don't waste time trying to convince him to stop.

I mean, why give the option to let him go in the first place? It's like letting the main villain go free just to make the game solveable with no killing. I'm glad Bloodlines didn't do this!

Okagron

Prophet
I mean, why give the option to let him go in the first place? It's like letting the main villain go free just to make the game solveable with no killing. I'm glad Bloodlines didn't do this!
I mean, if you decide to even convince him to stand down lends to reason your character can't kill him, because he's far stronger than you. It's also a temporary victory, because in one of the outcomes he claims he will be back with an army and he and the Courier will meet on the battlefield again. You are just postponing this and let whoever else you are siding with take the Hoover Dam, which is the most important thing in the last story quest of New Vegas.

Really don't see the issue with this.

Last edited:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
That option is there for the dumbass pacifists.

Xeon

Augur
The Nosferatu who you talk to first behind the gate looked a lot better, he looked kinda normal.

Codex Year of the Donut
In that case it would be very stupid of the player to let him go to come back later with a new army
Everyone has their own code of conduct. Maybe the character refuses to kill people who are willing to walk away

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom