Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

Katana1000S

Angrier OtherSide Refugee
how could they come up with anything satisfactory for you?
if they released ss3 right now you would be screaming about how they wasted ua funds on ss3 or some such

You sir are a SHILL, a White Night moron too perhaps, come back when there is something to praise about this big pile of donkey shit.

Seriously, anyone who defends this indefensible steaming pile of bovine and feline lumps of stodgy cow excretion feces deserves to be defecated upon by all and sundry.

Efe

Erudite
i'm not defending them at any point. Saying lobar is too angry to be satisfied with anything is shilling now?
Why don't you try tumbler as your echo chamber?
I'm not even sure what the fuck is white night, drop the millennial terminology if you want to get your message across.

Cael

Arcane
i'm not defending them at any point. Saying lobar is too angry to be satisfied with anything is shilling now?
I'm not even sure what the fuck is white night, drop the millennial terminology if you want to get your message across.
I think he meant "white knight" but with typical millennial "care" towards spelling and proper grammar in general.

Katana1000S

Says you with the moron avatar that looks like a shill moron who supports company's no matter the goofes they made, you complete and utter groveling shill, why don't you join them on their official forums, sniffing each others farts and patting each other on the back at regulars intervals ?

FFS: if you even come on here with your defensive White Knight good guy attitude, at least try play this absolute shambles mess of a game for more than 5 minutes ... don't just parachute yourself into a conversation with your moronic lilly livered pathetic ... Oh, think of the Devs whine ... grow up and come back when you've played this sham of a game for more than 5 seconds.

We are condemning these has been producers for lazy haphazard could not care less anymore has been ... once were good but now stale muppets telling multiple lies and even telling pure lies months ago about how SS3 is more than half finished but have nothing more to show than some really awful bad screenshots ... do you really think, these cretins who wont get a publisher anyway (so moot point) do you really in your wildest dreams think they are going to pull off SS3 Do You?

if this game has any value at all ... and i sincerely mean this, its only value is for future developers to look at and see first hand how wrong it can go when talent has evaporated and you tell pure lies to your customers and backers, day in and day out.

Stop your Shilling, stop your White Knighting, please.

Efe

Erudite
one could write a book on fallacies with the above post.
come back with quotes on these alleged statements of mine

Katana1000S

one could write a book on fallacies with the above post.
come back with quotes on these alleged statements of mine

Suffice to say, shire, you are a shill from the land where trolls gather, you lick clean the smelly bottoms of whom you hope one day to aspire to and asketh for more of the brown excrement to lick clean in honor. Heareth this foolish nave if though dost genuinely believe there is an ounce of good to come from this sham game and believe a word thus oft proven born liars of developers sayeth, then thee my foolish fiend friend art indeed a stupid gullible retard.

In other words, you complete and utter troll Shill who defends the indefensible, tell us what you like about the game, have you finished it? its got a bug that makes it unfinishable, do you enjoy games like that, do you get off on defending folk that make games this way? absolutely ruining the franchise forever at same too ... or as is probably the case, you dont even own it, your thrill in life is White Knighting on forums while wearing an avatar that makes you look even dumber than you type ... Get lost, you are not helping, troll face.

Damn Shill Troll

Efe

Erudite
i never said i liked it or defended the devs
as for avatar, you are hereby invited to share these opinions in might and magic thread

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
That these hacks have the rights to produce SS3 is a disgrace to SS1/2. There is about zero chance this game will be a decent successor.

JDR13

Arcane
That these hacks have the rights to produce SS3 is a disgrace to SS1/2. There is about zero chance this game will be a decent successor.

It's supposedly a different team that's doing SS3 (Otherside has two studios), though I have no idea if that's going to make a difference.

JDR13

Arcane

It's supposedly a different team that's doing SS3 (Otherside has two studios), though I have no idea if that's going to make a difference.
how do these idiots even have two studios

Good question. I just hope they don't run out of money before SS3 is finished. I'm still holding on to the slim hope that it might not be a complete disaster.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Masterlobar, did you make that lunatic alt to make your main seem reasonable by comparison? It's working.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://forums.otherside-e.com/t/june-17-2019-weekly-update/10089

June 17 2019 Weekly Update!

Morning everyone!

Quick timeline overview:

6/18 - 6/20: Potential launch date for Update 4 on PC. There’s a couple of small bugs and blockers that should have merged from over the weekend that haven’t gone in yet, but this should not prevent us from launching Update 4 on PC this week. Waiting to get another pass from QA today for the final thumbs up.

6/20 - 6/28: Potential PS4 and Xbox One digital release for UA. PS4 is in better shape to launch earlier, since Microsoft’s certification process is still pending approval for our Xbox One build. They should release within this window.

Waiting to hear back from our Mac and Linux porters either today or before Wednesday on their updated status from last week. Can update this post once I hear back.

For today and tomorrow, I’m hopping between coordinating KS assets and sending footage to 505 for the updated console trailer, reviewing the Build Notes to make sure they’re accurately updated for this week and that they’ve been localized, and keeping an eye open for any bugs that we can prepare a quick Update 4 hotfix candidate for, if anything slips through the cracks.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Or maybe porting CPU-guzzling Unity Engine PC games to Switch is more complex than it is for the other two consoles and nobody's going to fund that for this game.

Silentstorm

Learned
I just thought of one good thing about this game, it hasn't been forgotten by the devs, far better games stopped being updated or cared about by the developers, at least these seem to make some updates here and there, too bad that those updates revolve around fixing lots of bugs and problems caused by the fact they made a terrible game.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
This is basically damage control. They produced a bugridden heap of shit and are now scurrying to salvage any and all shreds of credibility by keeping up the "honest-after-patch" routine.
Well, maybe they even feel some guilt. Idk.

In any case, stop touching System Shock.

Katana1000S

I just thought of one good thing about this game, it hasn't been forgotten by the devs, far better games stopped being updated or cared about by the developers, at least these seem to make some updates here and there, too bad that those updates revolve around fixing lots of bugs and problems caused by the fact they made a terrible game.

Or that their updates cause more bugs and break even more of one of the most shambolic games mankind has ever witnessed?

No doubt though their resident forum shill Sandro will be typing guff soon along the lines of "its all coming together nicely" has anyone seen his posts over there, no jokes this idiot claims he has deliberately avoided even looking at screenshots of the game or looked at reviews, he trusts the devs to the hilt to eventually deliver something special, and only then will he buy it, he's probably a virgin waiting for the perfect woman that will never arrive too. he's either a planted troll or the biggest shill on the planet, for him and its quite obvious, he see's the place as his area of friendship and the few folks that agree with him as his best friends ever, at least that's what I get out of reading some of his stuff, so desperately sad. He is allowed to insult detractors of the game, but if you respond in kind, bang, your account is dust, even that other weird person, Flug, who swings back and forth from praising criticising, (depending on how much pot he's smoked that day) he too claims he's never played the game, there is something seriously deeply fucked up about them, who the hell invests hundreds of hours posting on a site to support a game you don't have or perhaps wont ever play ... please tell me what is wrong with that picture?

Everything about this idiotic moronic game to their own forums stinks, it really does, and they want to drag SS3 down too now, its borderline criminal :(

Silentstorm

Learned
Yeah, it's strange because they had some people that worked on classic games, i mean, System Shock, Ultima Underworld and Thief!?

Any game that had people involved in any of those working on a new game should have been awesome, instead, it was just a terrible mess from start to finish.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Update 4 is out: https://steamcommunity.com/games/692840/announcements/detail/1610514732711674673

Update 4 Build Notes
18 JUN @ 10:06PM - QUESTION_505

b20c2da56810b42e2d988fedfa494cdb97a88f9b.jpg

Update 4 includes more new content, tuning improvements, and fixes.

We hope you enjoy!

Notes

● This update is about 1.1GB in size.

Added friendly NPC interactions with a number of new characters, many of whom are locked away behind insidious challenges that can only be accessed by powering a Materia Modus to lower the local water level.

○ New main quest to find and free the Outcast Fane, who will provide a hunting guide for the Eidolon and Animus. (He then sets up as a vendor in the Saurian camp, as added in Update 3.)

○ New Faction quest to find and free The Shambler Meridian, who will open The Bazaar of The Arcane in Marcaul and offer high level magic items for sale.

○ New Faction quest to find and free the Outcast Dahlia, who will teach the player several Rune Formulas.

○ New Faction quest to find and free the Deep Elf Severn, who will provide a map location for a hidden area.

○ New Faction quest to find and free the Expedition dwarf Quater, who will provide a map location for a hidden area.

○ Series’ mainstay Rawstag the Troll -- who really has a lot to say -- has taken up residence in The Bazaar of The Arcane

Several new enemies added:

○ The Bellum, a blind “headless” charger w/ tongue ranged attack

○ The deadly Poison Bellum

○ The stealthy Shadow Beast

Combat tuned to be more strategic, with the addition of a shove attack (which can interrupt some enemy attacks or push them off ledges) and fan-requested combat music, which reinforces when enemies are aggroed on you.

Updated in-world loot pass, added new weapons, armor, and gear items to increase the variety of loot and further reward exploration.

Added Rune formulas and increased the Runes found in-world to encourage deeper exploration of magic. New Fehu (Beast) Rune added, increasing the number of spells players can craft, such as Create Beast (which spawns a Deep Slug with a flammable trail), Create Bellum, and Harm Beast.

Improved tutorial sequence and smart hint system to teach elements that players were missing (such as advanced combat attacks and bow zoom) or unclear about (status effects like hunger and exhaustion).

Updated UI/UX elements, such as:

○ Improved map icons and readability.

○ More prominent notifications when you unlock a new Rune or enter a new region.

○ The Rune Wheel now has additional commentary regarding target and use of the currently-crafted spell, along with UI styling to make it clearer that you can click on spell names in the Spellbook to ready them.

○ The tooltip for the Rune Bag now includes the Spellbook name (if available) of the currently-readied spell.

○ The Doom Counter now properly shows itself on the HUD when its value changed.

○ Tooltips in the Trade screen now show the resale value of items in your inventory, not just those in the “Your Offer” area.

○ Improved readability of inventory annotations for stack counts and Rune Formulas.

Many other improvements, fixes, and additions, such as:
○ Improved load time and frame-rate optimization. Try turning up your quality settings!

○ Improved controller support.

○ The Join a Faction feature now unlocks at gaining 50 Favor, allowing purchase of Faction specialty stock.

○ Reduced the strength of the standard stone arrows, but added two new arrow types available from vendors. Steel-tipped arrows are roughly comparable in damage to the prior value for stone arrows. Sniper arrows add a bonus to Adroit damage for those with Stealth skills.

○ Enemies will be less inclined to equip bows if the player is close by.

○ Reduced the force applied to carried objects (like crates) if the object encounters obstacles. This will make things noticeably more controllable when, for example, holding objects up against doors.

○ Reaching the Vault of Nyx will now enable the New Game Plus option in the main menu. As long as you have the autosave file from this point in the game (or any save game made from a “New Game Plus” game afterwards), choosing the “New Game” option at the main menu gives you the option of starting your game already in Marcaul, with a starting allowance of silver, skill points, starting runes and basic gear.

○ Fixed the accounting for several Feats that were not being granted properly, such as Firestarter, Meteoric Demise, and Weaponized Slug.

○ Nether Caps were not set to be a potential food for Deep Slugs, as intended.

○ Aelita will have more cash on hand for making purchases in the late game.

○ Rune Formulas branded on wands with the Focus Mastery skill are now preserved in saved games.

○ High-level Ehwaz Rune (Movement) spells were knocking creatures down, but not applying forces as intended. Now they can really throw them around.

○ In cases where there are no hostile targets available, harmful spells will now target any available non-hostile NPCs in preference to targeting the caster themselves. Remember: be careful what you wish for!

○ The 5% speed penalty for the Left-footed Boot was confusing to describe, because it came on top of the 5% penalty all leather boots carry (if you don’t

have the Fleet Feet or Unseen Dash skill). Changed it to a flat 10% penalty even if you have skills. That’s what happens when you wear just a Left-footed Boot.

○ Chests are now opened and closed by interacting only with their lids, not their whole bodies, to help avoid unintended interactions while gathering loot.

○ Fixed a scale error when the interaction outline effect was applied to certain characters, such as The Mana Leech.

○ Spectral Knights now sport a variety of fearsome helmets.

○ Adjusted damage applied when the player-character falls on enemies; the Pounce skill will now be needed to get really good damage in this case (as intended). Also fixed Pounce skill’s eligibility for bonuses that apply to Adroit damage.

○ Many graphical fixes to the environment.

○ Various metal doors that were difficult to open have had their hinges oiled.

○ Arrow traps now actually hurt.

○ Fixed an edge case preventing the completion of side quests that require finding specific items in chests.

○ Weapon skills now call out which weapons they apply to.

○ Various text fixes.

○ Subtitles are now properly spaced over the closing cinematic.

○ Pendulum traps now swing smoothly. Tick. Tock.

○ Respawn points have been added to Pluto’s Gate and Marcaul so new players don’t have to retrace their steps if experiencing an untimely demise.

○ Fixed an issue preventing New Game + from consistently unlocking for players who complete the game.

○ Amount of awarded skill points and silver now grows with subsequent New Game + playthroughs.

○ Enemies should no longer dip through the ground when getting up from a knockdown.

○ Players hands no longer jitter when moving on stairs.

○ Cabirus’ death mask now appears during the [redacted] ending sequence.

○ Quest rewards no longer fall off of their pedestal before the player can claim them.

○ The game no longer hitches when the player equips water arrows for the first time.

○ Players can now pick up stackable items if that stack isn't full yet while the rest of the player’s inventory slots are full.

○ Player hunger state now persists across level and save game loads. Bring a sandwich!

○ Arrow traps now cause damage to the player.

○ Vases make sounds when smashed.

○ Pressing "i" will now open and close your inventory.

○ Fixed an issue where if the player saved their game with certain timing they would not receive the Sun Key quest reward. This fix is retroactive, meaning it will fix previous save games with this issue.

Nyast

Cipher
Installed Update 4. Giving it a quick try to see if it's worth playing. My hopes aren't high. Will report in this thread. Wish me luck, I think I'll need it.

First attempt: started a brand new game. Tutorial area. Didn't even walk 20 meters that I'm stuck in a rock. A 10 cm-high rock in front of the puddle, is an invisible wall. I can jump over it, but I can't walk over it.

In the same room, there's a stalactite near the door. Get that: I can climb the stalactite like it's a ladder. But I can't walk past a 10 cm-tall rock.

This is the FIRST ROOM OF THE GAME, ffs.

My rage-o-meter is already at 99% and I haven't walked past the first door.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom