Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Xeon

Augur
Doesn't he have bigger role in Dying Light 2? since he did a lot of interviews and promos for it, I thought he worked a lot on it.

Efe

Erudite
You remember how he wanted to work in other parts of game development too? chances are he was hired as pr manager rather than as a writer in dying light 2.
why would good things happen right?

Don Peste

Arcane
VOKX1DW.png

Fairfax

Arcane
Doesn't he have bigger role in Dying Light 2? since he did a lot of interviews and promos for it, I thought he worked a lot on it.
Yes, he's been a senior narrative designer from the start. Also:

The concept has been the same since the very beginning, and Avellone has been on the project since that planning phase. He created the lore for Dying Light 2, he co-created the storyline along with the other talented writers, and he developed many of the game’s critical characters. The reactivity, which Techland dubs the ‘World System’, was also co-created by Avellone, working closely with designers and programmers at Techland. His grubby, gamesmaster mitts are all over everything.
“I’m addicted to challenging a lot of tropes, and trying to flip them on their head and see what shakes out story-wise,” Avellone says. “I also tend to favor antagonists and rivals that have a higher agenda – not because it makes them superior, but because ideally players don’t just want to prove themselves physically superior, but they also want to challenge your enemy’s philosophy to the point where it breaks down… which I see as a far superior victory to simply punching an enemy’s lights out.”

Devs often overplay his involvement, but this seems to be his largest contribution as a freelancer so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom