Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alpha Protocol taken down from Steam because the licensed music rights have expired

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Announcement: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...ights-have-expired.128229/page-4#post-6187920

There could be an Alpha Protocol remaster. The game has been delisted from Steam at SEGA’s request.
As you see: Store page doesn’t even load when linked to here. It says on the very page that:
Notis: På begäran av utgivaren är Alpha Protocol™ inte längre till salu på Steam.
Notice: At the rquest from the publisher, this game is no longer on sale on Steam.

My guess is that Microsoft might have bought the rights to the IP.
I don’t know if this is thread worthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Duraframe300

Arcane
There could be an Alpha Protocol remaster. The game has been delisted from Steam at SEGA’s request.
As you see: Store page doesn’t even load when linked to here. It says on the very page that:
Notis: På begäran av utgivaren är Alpha Protocol™ inte längre till salu på Steam.
Notice: At the rquest from the publisher, this game is no longer on sale on Steam.

Maybe Microsoft related? I assume they contacted SEGA for it to at least get it on Game Pass/Microsoft Store.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Maybe Microsoft related? I assume they contacted SEGA for it to at least get it on Game Pass/Microsoft Store.

Your guess is as good as mine.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
And now this game is nothing but history.

Dude thinking a remaster may be coming is :fabulously optimistic:, I bet on it just being seen as a taint by the publisher that should cease to exist.

Duraframe300

Arcane
"Following the expiry of SEGA’s publishing rights for Alpha Protocol, the title has been removed from Steam and is no longer on sale." said the SEGA spokesperson.

This could still mean either licenes ran out or Microsoft has taken over. Weird wording.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Crossposting

"Following the expiry of SEGA’s publishing rights for Alpha Protocol, the title has been removed from Steam and is no longer on sale." said the SEGA spokesperson.

Flou

Arbiter

This could still mean either licenes ran out or Microsoft has taken over. Weird wording.

Definately a weird wording. Does anyone even know of cases where the publishing rights of a game revert back to the developer after a period of time has passed?

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
Wow, I literally bought it just in time?

Should have bought a lottery ticket, I won't get that lucky again.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is it possible that SEGA's ownership of the Alpha Protocol IP was a time-limited arrangement and Obsidian have never revealed that to the public?

Remember, Alpha Protocol was originally meant to be an Obsidian-owned IP like The Outer Worlds. Obsidian actually ceded it to SEGA during the game's development because they needed more development funds. And that may have happened...exactly a decade ago.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom