Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
So fucking what, the entire point of videogame is that you can simulate this kind of stuff that in a module would be 100% narrative.

deuxhero

Arcane
Now that there's a turn based mod I'm likely grabbing this on the next Steam sale (which should be next week). Aside from the TB mod, Eldritch Arcana (new version on git), Call of the Wild, and Advanced Martial Arts, any mods to nab?

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Now that there's a turn based mod I'm likely grabbing this on the next Steam sale (which should be next week). Aside from the TB mod, Eldritch Arcana (new version on git), Call of the Wild, and Advanced Martial Arts, any mods to nab?
Respec mod (it's still way better than the now-offered official respec feature), Fast Travel, Craft Magic Items, and Faster Menu Book Zoom.

PsychoFox

Educated
Anyone else notice lag when pulling up UI elements (like character sheets, journal etc.?) or sometimes when choosing options in dialogue? Is there any solution to this? The game runs fine on max settings otherwise, but this UI lag is quite annoying.

Codex Year of the Donut
Anyone else notice lag when pulling up UI elements (like character sheets, journal etc.?) or sometimes when choosing options in dialogue? Is there any solution to this? The game runs fine on max settings otherwise, but this UI lag is quite annoying.
Game runs like shit

deuxhero

Arcane
For my party I'm thinking of Sylvan Sorcerer (MC), battle Cleric, Arcane Trickster and some charisma based melee guy that uses Cornugon Smash to lower enemy saves to enable Save or Die from the other casters with the final two slots reserved for NPCs. Basically the "classic" party, but all caster. Should I do Eldritch Scion Magus, Paladin 2/Sorcerer/Dragon Disciple/Eldritch Knight or Bloodrager for the final one?

Eldritch Knight gives the strongest casting and is better defensively than the others, but lacks class features.
Magus has action economy advantage and, due to PnP/KM differences, gets strength boost from Abyssal but Power Attack is essentially wasted.
Bloodrager gets action economy advantage and crazy reach from abyssal (and Cornugon Smash should activate on AoO) on top of extra strength from rage.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Re: Tenebrous Depths

At first I was like
HgAwPaO

:obviously:
HgAwPaO.png

but then
UUFUFfp.png

UUFUFfp

:negative:

Yosharian

Arcane
Respec mod (it's still way better than the now-offered official respec feature), Fast Travel, Craft Magic Items, and Faster Menu Book Zoom.

Player Biography, Show My Pets

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The :obviously: robe I found has a fear-on-hit effect, which is really cool at first. Until you realize your dude will fear a monster, the monster will run away, he'll chase it and provoke 20 AoO from everyone else. :negative:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I got 9/10 helm shards and no idea where the last one is. Again. Despite the new "You find this item at..." feature. :argh:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I got 9/10 helm shards and no idea where the last one is. Again. Despite the new "You find this item at..." feature. :argh:
Just compare the ones you've got against a guide?
Doesn't help since there are like 4 pieces in the troll lair and I can't tell which is which. Might be that I missed a perception check somewhere and can't get the last piece now.
I mean I don't care for the helmet but I want that cheevo for finding all the relics.

Yosharian

Arcane
Just compare the ones you've got against a guide?
Doesn't help since there are like 4 pieces in the troll lair and I can't tell which is which. Might be that I missed a perception check somewhere and can't get the last piece now.
I mean I don't care for the helmet but I want that cheevo for finding all the relics.
Ah. Yes, perception checks that you can only make once.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
If you gain level or bring another companion with you, you can take the check again, IIRC.

PsychoFox

Educated
Ok so turns out im being affected by horrible lag which is due to save bloat. Starting a new game seems to make everything fine again. I've installed the 'cleaner' mod, though i'm not sure how much help it'll be down the line because the save file still gets larger even with cleaning. Has anyone else faced this issue, and if so what solution did you find? Did the 'Cleaner' mod solve it? As it stands, with a save file ~9mb the game is completely unplayable.

Codex Year of the Donut
Ok so turns out im being affected by horrible lag which is due to save bloat. Starting a new game seems to make everything fine again. I've installed the 'cleaner' mod, though i'm not sure how much help it'll be down the line because the save file still gets larger even with cleaning. Has anyone else faced this issue, and if so what solution did you find? Did the 'Cleaner' mod solve it? As it stands, with a save file ~9mb the game is completely unplayable.
Shit's broke.
The people who restart every 30 minutes claim it doesn't exist because they didn't get far enough into the game to experience it. The lag gets horrendous to the point where you'll quit

My savefiles are 70mb btw

PsychoFox

Educated
Shit's broke.
The people who restart every 30 minutes claim it doesn't exist because they didn't get far enough into the game to experience it. The lag gets horrendous to the point where you'll quit

My savefiles are 70mb btw

Wow dude that just sucks :/ By the time i got to the kingdom management part the game was practically unplayable for me. And i have a pretty powerful rig.
But how is it that people have beaten this game without issues? Cohhcarnage played the game for ~300 hours on stream and he didn't have the lag problem.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I didn't have that problem either three months ago when I played through the game, so might've appeared with EE or newer patches.

PsychoFox

Educated
Well i started a new campaign to try out... and i'm already noticing the lag. It's not there at first, but it slowly rears its ugly head and gets worse and worse as the game goes on. This time around i am even using the "Clean" mod but nope, no luck.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
How are the loading times now? Played the game on release, loved the first two acts, then it became unplayable due to painfully long loading times. I heard the introduced some Quality of Life Improvements like travelling to the World Map directly from your throne room and shit.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Moral of the story - don't have powerful rigs if you want to play AA RPGs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom